The new Hilton will suck when the O's are in town

So I'm driving home from work last night just after the ball game ended and as I drive up I395 I get a great view of the new Hilton's ballpark facing rooms. Fully lit as though it was the middle of a sunny summer afternoon in the glow of the Camden Yards stadium lights. Considering how late they keep the lights on after night games, it sure will suck to try and sleep in those rooms.

So I'm driving home from work last night just after the ball game ended and as I drive up I395 I get a great view of the new Hilton's ballpark facing rooms. Fully lit as though it was the middle of a sunny summer afternoon in the glow of the Camden Yards stadium lights. Considering how late they keep the lights on after night games, it sure will suck to try and sleep in those rooms.
Or you can just work the con! Some of us overwork ourselves to the point of nearly passing out on the walk back to the hotel. I probably wouldn't even notice those lights.

This, haha.

you could always hope they they have really good blinds. the hilton that we stayed at had blinds so dark that myself and our roomies did not wake up until 2 p.m on friday of the con! lol thats how dark it was in our room. epic win blinds (yes it was that dark in the room)

you could always hope they they have really good blinds. the hilton that we stayed at had blinds so dark that myself and our roomies did not wake up until 2 p.m on friday of the con! lol thats how dark it was in our room. epic win blinds (yes it was that dark in the room)

Um... you forgot one small thing in this situation. and this is a big IF too, what if during the con there is no home game scheduled. Its a 50% shot of happening.

of course they might have some great *bleep* curtains to keep out the light :D

I may also be referring to the hotel it's self and not directly to staying there during the con. Also odds are in favor a at least one home game over lapping an Otakon in the future.

• 2 months later...

I have also just reserved a room there. I got one of the rooms with the HD RM... apparently an awesome set up for HD movies, internet and hooking up your lap top.

As long as my same group comes back next year, it will be damned cheap per person to stay in the room.

If they dont...........I may be looking for somewhere else to bunk ^_^

C

I don't think the lights will be a problem. I'm so excited to be staying there this year. In 07 I was in the Hyatt which was great. In 08 I stayed in the Intercontinental and let's just say it wasn't great. Very long walk to and from BCC/harbor. The Hilton should be great, though.

Edited by gotenks794
  • 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.