I know this is the Otakon forum, but what better place to find fellow Otaku to meet up with and befriend then I forum made for Otaku? I jsut wanted to make a few new contacts. =)

So, is anyone going to Katsucon? If so, are you cosplay? Part three...what costume from which anime/manga? and... are you going to be staying in the hotel of the convention?

Man, that was a lot of questions..

I live near Leesburg, so I'm actually not very far from Arlington at all, but I'm staying at the hotel anyways for the atmosphere. It should be fun. I was thinking of volunteering this year. but with all the new events, I couldn't pass it up. ^_^

I'll probably be paneling, I guess. I know why Katsu had to move (Omni had the elevators from hell) but ut'd be nice if they could have moved to a place that was already home to Katsu when it was smaller (and Otakon too), currently hosts AUSA and was going to host AMA.

Otaku Ru - That's understandable. You can never save too much! I wish I had brought more with me. The dealer's room was so great. I wanted more and more.

alabaster - I'm not much for sci fi. I like it, but I'm not hard core like I am for anime and manga. :3

Aresef - Sounds good. :3 I think it wouldn't matter much for me where Katsu was held as long as it's in Northern Virginia. Then I have the choice of commute and hotel. XD

Otaku Ru - Oh, same here. It's just the strange setting, but I mean, I try to ignore it, and focus on the merchandise instead. I think it's the garage lighting, really.

alabaster - I'm not much for sci fi. I like it, but I'm not hard core like I am for anime and manga. :3

Would you mind leaving your text at standard size? Messing with font size and color makes your text hard to read.

This is my first year going to Katsucon. I'll be volunteering, and if I get crash space I'll be in the hotel, otherwise I'll be commuting. If I have the hours off I'm going to cosplay as lenalee for a bit, but chances are the con will own my soul in much the same way otakon did this year. I had so many plans for cosplays and fancy outfits and ended up in a pie tshirt, slippers, and ripped up jeans on Saturday. :D

I haven't gone to Katsu. I want to after looking at some of the panels in their booklet last year while they were at their booth at AMA.

But..I have to save the cash this year.

I might go back, when i went to the o7 Katsu I really didn't like the hotel and when Katsu was at that same one for 08 I said to myself; not this year. Now since its moving back to the Hyatt for 09 I just might return to it. After all, it the same hotel that AUSA is at and I'm staffing for that one :(

I staff at Katsucon in the Art Show. I haven't decided whether or not to do the hotel, though. Since I'm local to DC, and the metro is pretty darned decent, I am thinking of just commuting. (although with the hours I'm working, I might just stay anyway.)

Would you mind leaving your text at standard size? Messing with font size and color makes your text hard to read.

I'm probably going to this one as well, haven't decided yet. I'll have to see what kind of guests they have (musical acts and Japanese VA)

Those two are the main reasons I decide on going to a con, but lately I've just been going because it is a con (which should be the reason to go). Although the maid cafe does sound interesting.

I live in Northern VA (Gainesville) so Arlington is pretty much down the street, well not really but its not far haha. So I most likely will be attending

Nothing special just like AnimeUSA, no staffing or cosplaying =X

@spitfireuchiha: Good Luck with interview =)

I'll be going to Katsucon. :) It's weird how Ohayocon is at the end of January this year (2008 it was right after New Year's) but thankfully there's a couple of weeks in-between Ohayocon and Katsucon. But Katsu 2009 will be my 12th year attending, and I wouldn't miss it!

I staff at Katsucon in the Art Show. I haven't decided whether or not to do the hotel, though. Since I'm local to DC, and the metro is pretty darned decent, I am thinking of just commuting. (although with the hours I'm working, I might just stay anyway.)

Oh it's great...until someone who is sick (and I mean with the Flu or worse) comes in and it starts spreading like wildfire...I came back from the con feeling terrible, went to the doctors, and found out somehow I'd gotten the Flu and Mono there....with so many people in one hotel, you have to be ready for some contagious people to be walking around unfortunately (especially when it's in February, right smack in the middle of Flu season)

• 3 weeks later...

Since I couldn't make it to Otakon this year, I'm hoping to make it to Katsucon. This would be my first year attending. :) I have a friend in VA that lives in the general area, so I can stay at her house rather than a hotel, and we could probably take the metro or drive in. If we take the metro that'll save us on parking/gas. ^^ So we'll see what happens.

I don't think I'll cosplay though. If I do, I'll probably just throw together my gothic lolita costume that I wore to Otakon in 2007.

• 4 weeks later...
Since I couldn't make it to Otakon this year, I'm hoping to make it to Katsucon. This would be my first year attending. ;) I have a friend in VA that lives in the general area, so I can stay at her house rather than a hotel, and we could probably take the metro or drive in. If we take the metro that'll save us on parking/gas. ^^ So we'll see what happens.

I don't think I'll cosplay though. If I do, I'll probably just throw together my gothic lolita costume that I wore to Otakon in 2007.

Sorry, I disappeared! I've been having a lot of family issues and helping out a few friends through hard times, so as a result, I've had no time for Otakon Boards. As of now, I'm back.

Update once more: I am officially a Katsucon maid. Yay, it's official!

I see. ^^; That's unfortunate, but quite understandable. I've got nothing else to do on Valentine's Day weekend (sad, yeah?), so it's not a problem for me.

Katsucon announced a couple more musical guests over the weekend at Anime USA. YMCK and Aural Vampire. YMCK does music that is very much video game inspired. Aural Vampire is a synthetic group. They should be up on their website soon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Topic, please (Katsucon 2009). -_-

I'll be there, greeting people by the front gates, scanning cosplayers, and seeing if I can still recognize anything any more.

(The most recent animated series I watched... probably the fansubbed opening to "Monster" back in '05/'06.)