Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mynameisru

I find this interesting.

I was at the mall today with my girly and we decided to browse their newly renovated food court for some overpriced grub filled with delicious MSG's. We walked by the Easy Wok for a sample, but instead were met with quite a surprise as we looked at the guy's shirt..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/Sou...24081452-00.jpg

Cool, huh?

All the people working there had Hiroshi-Kun on their shirts in his little dance pose, but this guy's was the only one with the Otakon logo on it. The rest of their shirts had the logo for Easy Wok on them instead.

Here's the place if you're curious. I really hope I didn't just get them in trouble ^^;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/Sou...24081454-00.jpg

Well, you kinda did -- they dont have permission to use the name or the image.

We'll have to talk to them.

Lol. That guy just let you take his picture? xD

That's really......weird though. o_O

Weren't the people at Zabi Zabi (now gone) doing this last year?

think of it as free promotion!! :)

I'm sure something can be worked out -- for example, had they asked us about it, we'd probably have worked out some agreement -- but the point is that you have to ask first. You're right about it being free promotion in one sense, but it implies that we have a connection that we do not. The artwork we use is often bound by specific agreements. And to be blunt, if Disney found out you were using one of *their* mascots to promote your restaurant without their permission, what do you think their response would be?

And I know it tends to be forgotten in this digital age, but taking something without paying for it, and without permission, already has a name.

lol

this is really hilarious. if i found this in a random mall i would have done an anime-style fall-over :P

weird - maybe one of the people running the store went to otakon...

this pic makes me laugh every time i look at it

LOL this is hilarious.

Not only are they not Japanese, but they wearing a shirt that says OTAKON on it which has nothing to do with their shop lol.

But man I'd love one of those shirts =P. Do they have Otakon Mascot goods at the Convention Center? It's going to be my first time so I have no idea.

Although... wearing a "Let's Eat" shirt might continuously make me hungry... hmm... =P

LightSyaoran: PLEASE stop necroing old posts. this post has been dead for almost 3 years.

Dead posts are considered anything that hasn't been posted on in 2 months.