California Tortilla discount

this was a great idea but, when a number of my friends went to partake in the discount, they found the staff very rude, especially when they asked for said discount. Did anyone else have this problem?

While I didn't utilize that particular discount, I think it's pretty awesome of them to offer it, period. I think maybe they're too close to offer that kind of thing, though, maybe? It's not like they'd have to worry about drawing people a whole two blocks away from the convention center, you know?

I went there like 3-4 times over the weekend and never had an issue with the discount or the staff. I found them to be pretty friendly.

As for them not needing it, you can never get enough publicity. I've been going to Otakon for years and never heard of the place till then. It was never in a direction I ever had to go in, so if nothing having the discount gets their name out there. Plus the obvious when people compare 10% discount to no 10% discount, they'll go with the discount whether they understand the normal prices or not. I think it was a brilliant idea and I'm sure the gesture will start to catch on once other businesses realize Cali T was able to make enough to pay operating expenses for the next 20 years from all the people they had come by.

I ate there twice during Otakon and both times they were nice. The food was good, the line moved fast, and they weren't too crowded both times. I will probably eat there again next year, if they're still around.

• 2 weeks later...

I only went once, on Friday, & the lady at the ordering counter was polite. Everyone else was understandably rushed & harried.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.