What are you watching

So I'm bored, and I'm kinda interested in what anime everyone likes to watch/wants to watch/is watching currently.

I'm on episode 14 of Fushigi Yugi.. my girly is missing the third and fourth DVDs and I don't feel like skipping all the way to the fifth disc, so I feel compelled to buy her the box set @.@

I'm also looking to snag the Outlaw Star box from Best Buy, and maybe even the Cowboy Bebop box, because -gasp- I haven't actually seen the whole series, and kinda because I want to see how the 5.1 "remix" version sounds.

Not to mention the new season of Vampire Knight started a week or two ago -WOOT-

Other than that, I want to see some Shugo Chara. Just for those times when I'm sad. xD

Edited by Otaku Ru

I'm in the middle of outlaw star for about the billionth time. I've got my 95 dollar box set from back in the day that's been watched so many times some of the discs get a bit moody.

I'm in the middle of Gurren Lagann too. I haven't managed to snag the third volume yet, meant to at AUSA but NO ONE had it except one dealer who was way over charging.

Also semi in the middle of hellsing..... I watched the first four episodes like 2 years ago and haven't quite gotten around to all the rest... I really should gget on that.

• 1 month later...

I just picked up Mushi-Shi on a whim. It's got a great, chill vibe to it. The music is haunting, the slow pace is perfect, and I think Ginko's VA does a fantastic job of breathing life into his character. There doesn't seem to be any over-arching plot, but each episode presents a short story that is just as spell-binding as the last one. Check it out if you haven't already.

If you're in cute humor, and jealous teachers than i think you should watch Azumanga Daioh. It's really good, i read the manga first but the anime's good too. Also The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is a really really really good anime. Code Geass is good, but i'll warn you its totally unpredictable and at times i want to cry!T^T

Also a good show to watch is Densha Otoko, really funny talks a lot about being an Otaku in japan a couple of years ago, or maybe present day. Thats about it! :)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in the middle of sooo many showss >_<

Witch Hunter Robin

Code Geass

The Meloncholoy of Haruhi suzumiya

Chibits

Eureka Seven

and my friend let me borrow Wolf's Rain and then didn't have the last couple of episodes so there was some depression for awhile.

ANDDDD I just bought one called Darker then Black *sigh* I have difficult times finishing things because I always want to start another one.

• 1 month later...

I'm way behind schedule, but I'm in the middle of School Rumble, Kanon, and Clannad.

I've been watching most of the shows airing on the Anime News Network, however.

I'm watching a lot of anime since I moved in with my best friend, he always has something new it seems!

Fate Stay Knight (i think thats what it's called)

Negima

Witch Hunter Robin

Lain

Hellsing Ultimate

Full Metal Alchemist (finally got around to watching it! saw the movie first though :D )

Vampire Knight Guilty

God Save Our King!

and Noir

I'm really into Fate Stay Knight, I can't wait to find out if Sabre wins the grail! I've already read all of the manga for Vampire Knight so I already know what to expect in the series and God Save Our King (kurakoamio or something like that) is hilarious! Gunter/Gunther makes my friend and I laugh every time. :lol:

Well, in this winter 09 season I'm watching:

-Bleach (as always)

-Soul Eater (Pretty good show)

-Gundam 00 S2 (Everyone needs a little gundam in their diet)

-Druaga ~ Sword of Urk (Good show to me)

-Shikabane Hime Kuro (Pretty good action anime by gainax)

-Maria+Holic (Pure comedy)

-Minami-ke Okaeri (More Comedy)

-Toradora (good character driven story)

-Clannad ~After Story~ (My anime soap opera fix)

And there you go!

Can't wait until the second season of FMA in spring!

• 2 weeks later...

Well since I dont have much money to buy dvd's I'v been watching the anime onDemand Comcast

OnDemand

xxxholic

Suzuka

Black Cat

Azumanga Diaho (watching again and again)

School Rumble

I got 2dvds at the best buy sale.

Shuffle

and Negima?!

The Girl Who Lept Through Time (Had to finish watching from Otakon 08)

Code Geass

Also been watching asian dramas

Fated to love you

Hana Kimi (again)

Yamada Taro Monogatari

Boys Before Flowers

and Waiting to watch show called Extravagant Challenge

Edited by coolerninjathanu

I just started to watch Toradora and I finally got around to watching the 4th season of Major.

I know it is kinda sad, but for some reason I love watching the baseball anime more then watching actual baseball.

right now i'm pretty much caught up with soul eater, just waiting for episode 50 to come out :3

now my to do list that i never finished!

*samurai 7

*skip beat

*peach girl

*absolute boyfriendd [manga]

*nana

*d.gray man

anybody have any suggestions on what else to watch?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Currently I'm rewatching all of the Ouran High School Host Clubs in a newly obtained english DVD. Its a little different watching the whole thing in English now, it's almost like a totally different anime even though only the voices changed!

right now bleach. Im waiting for season two of Skip Beat to come on.

I just started Ergo Proxy and it's FANTASTIC.

FMABrotherhood aswell. Though I'm a few episodes behind.

If you're looking for something beautiful, compelling, and just plain awesome, watch Gankutsuou. Not nearly enough people have seen it, and it's amazing (:

Since i just got FIOS, I've been checking out their lineup.

* Mushi-shi -- I'm really loving this one. Reminds me of creepy Irish folk tales more than anything else. Very different sort of vibe than the usual shojo/shonen crap.

* Ouran HS Host Club -- enjoying it as a meta-commentary on teenage girl fandom.

* Peach Girl -- have seen a few eps; a bit more slice-of-life than I am in the mood for, but not too bad. Liked Marmalade Boy better.

* Hunter x Hunter -- so far so good: a bit formulaic, and I can almost foresee the endless tournament block of episodes coming. Enjoyable fluff so far, probably going to get more derivative and bland as it goes, but it hasn't actually left me bored yet.

* School Rumble -- have only caught two episodes but it hasn't really captured me yet.

* Tsubasa Chronicles & XXXHolic -- Haven't seen enough to tell them apart yet; all the CLAMP stuff is so stylized it kinda looks the same. One definitely has better animation. I actually enjoyed one or two episodes from each, but since they share so many similar characters, I'm not sure which one I like. I don't know yet whether I'm just happy to see the kid from Cardcaptor Sakura all grown up, or whether I'm just sick of that stupid cabbit mascot thing.

* Tsubasa Chronicles & XXXHolic -- Haven't seen enough to tell them apart yet; all the CLAMP stuff is so stylized it kinda looks the same. One definitely has better animation. I actually enjoyed one or two episodes from each, but since they share so many similar characters, I'm not sure which one I like. I don't know yet whether I'm just happy to see the kid from Cardcaptor Sakura all grown up, or whether I'm just sick of that stupid cabbit mascot thing.

Well there is a FUNimation channel on comcast ONDemand so been watching there stuff. (^.^)// Cant believe you have to pay 99 cents for D.Grey Man but whatever the english dub is bad anyway...

Iv been interested in Jyu-oh-sei. Its pretty cool story plot and the openings beat sounds alright. Hope they update more episodes soon. Also been watching marmalade boy and ouran. Ouran dub isnt bad its just i have to get used to the voice actors voice on there characters. Honeys char sounds like a little girl. I kno hes suppose to be cute but come on. There is more rant on the voices but ill leave it at that...

So Im very happy bout FUNimations channel. They are branching out to be the main dub company. Great move! (^0^)

* Peach Girl -- have seen a few eps; a bit more slice-of-life than I am in the mood for, but not too bad. Liked Marmalade Boy better.

I picked up two DVD's of Peach Girl from Big Lots for a dollar each and I can't say I was terribly into it. It just seems like they took a few episodes from a local station prime time drama and used it as the subject matter for an anime. If I was into that, I'd watch the WB on Wednesday nights. :)

Wasn't Marmalade Boy the one about the girl whose parents do the wifeswap thing? I can't recall.

Yup.

Similar degree of awkwardness, but now with utter bitchery.

• 2 weeks later...

Current watching:

- K-On! (Newest KyoAni project, quartet of girls form a band in their school's light music club)

- Hayate no Gotoku

- Eden of the East (Short series, but interesting in many ways; the first episode stands out as having some of the best natural English dialogue in an original version of a show I've ever heard)

I still have some more Soul Eater to watch as well, especially when I'm going to be Black Star come con time.

Hmm... Lets see, when I can catch them;

Saki

Valkyria Chronicles

Chrome Shelled Regios

クロスゲーム (Cross Game) - Actually really enjoying this one. . . -.-

Shangri-La

K-ON

Phantom - Requiem for the Phantom

Guin Saga

Tears to Tiara

Asura Cryin

Pandora Hearts

Tayutama

Some other randoms...

I watched the first 7 eps of Big Windup on Hulu/Funimation's website. Just waiting for more of it.

i'm playing catchup seeing i'm done with Gundam 00.

so right now it's Hayate no Gotoku and Sayonara Zetsubou sensei. Otherwise i'm waiting on season 3 of Shakugan no Shana.

I've been re-watching Hellsing, Hellsing Ultimate (gotta get in Walter mode :lol:) [and still waiting for Hirano-san to release manga vol. 10], Gravitation...and whatever series is currently on Sci-fi's Ani-Monday...when I remember its on lol. I really need to complete my X/1999 collection since I'm missing dvds *shrugs* Other than that, I've been out of the loop. If anyone can recommed anything I'd appreciate it ;)