Hotel Question

Question

Due to the new reservation system for the hotels I have a question. Are the whole Otakon blocks reserved to the reservation system and then those people go into the blocks right? What if you reserve directly at the hotel under the Otakon block, but on the reservation site it's sold out? Does that mean that those were open or that all of the rooms are still open due to the reservation system hasn't booked over the rooms yet, since they're not brought over until July?

I am sorry if this sounds like a stupid quesion.

4 answers to this question

I think I know what you're asking.

I'm pretty sure how it works is Otakon reserves the block now, but the passkey system doesn't send the detailed reservations until a week before the convention so that the hotel doesn't have paranoid people calling and asking about their reservations every other week. It's just easier for hotel staff that way. Also, you cannot reserve a room under the Otakon block directly at the hotel. You have to make it through the passkey system. In fact, if you try to reserve an Otakon block room at the hotel, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't know what you're talking about as it wouldn't be in their system yet.

So no, technically all those rooms are not open and they are reserved for Otakon for the week surrounding the convention. All the reservation details sent through to the hotel systems on the 9th of July.

You could of course reserve a room at the hotel's rate, or probably thorough Priceline or Hotwire or something like that.

I think I know what you're asking.

I'm pretty sure how it works is Otakon reserves the block now, but the passkey system doesn't send the detailed reservations until a week before the convention so that the hotel doesn't have paranoid people calling and asking about their reservations every other week. It's just easier for hotel staff that way. Also, you cannot reserve a room under the Otakon block directly at the hotel. You have to make it through the passkey system. In fact, if you try to reserve an Otakon block room at the hotel, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't know what you're talking about as it wouldn't be in their system yet.

So no, technically all those rooms are not open and they are reserved for Otakon for the week surrounding the convention. All the reservation details sent through to the hotel systems on the 9th of July.

You could of course reserve a room at the hotel's rate, or probably thorough Priceline or Hotwire or something like that.