ok since this is a general chit-chat channel :) I'm gonna bring this one up cause its been bouncing in my head for a while now.

Has anyone else noticed that when it come down to an Anime Genre that one company sticks to mainly that one but will release some minor types too.

For example; Bandai has a PRIMARELY (sp) does anything dealing with Mecha-type shows. Like ALL the Gundam shows, Escaflowne, Code Geass Leouch and others like it.

ok since this is a general chit-chat channel :) I'm gonna bring this one up cause its been bouncing in my head for a while now.

Has anyone else noticed that when it come down to an Anime Genre that one company sticks to mainly that one but will release some minor types too.

For example; Bandai has a PRIMARELY (sp) does anything dealing with Mecha-type shows. Like ALL the Gundam shows, Escaflowne, Code Geass Leouch and others like it.

First you need to define the genres.

First one you said is Mecha. I would think Sentai Squad would be another, and then there are the sports anime.

Some genres from main literature might include Space Opera, Soap Opera, Historical fiction, science fiction, mystery, noir.