I think our outfits is pretty much obscure is Toma and Index from To Aru Majutsu no Index. I have yet to see anyone doing those two cosplaying, I can't even find any pictures of them. So I'm hoping it will be good, down side is I had a hell of a time trying to find her 4 "jewels" that Index has on her outfit that I decided to go with Teardrop crystals due to how close they were. I'm hoping it looks ok.

I normally like to do obscure cosplayers. Gives you time to do other things I think. A while back I did a Naruto cosplayer and it was the last time I ever did anything like that. Last year I was Tomoya and my sister was Fuko from Clannad (before it came to the US) nobody really knew who we were. Though I was surpised by the handful of people asking for our picture.

When I cosplay I tend to go to the 'minor' characters or the less known animes.

Only once did my character get recognized a lot and that was back in the day (long long time ago) when I dressed up as Setsuna from Sailor Moon (Sailor Pluto as herself no Sailor fuku)

Other years I have done Siberian Jubei (that was interesting), Pretear (water), and even as Moonglo from Rainbow Bright (that year we were a whole group in which we were all one of the colors, by myself no one knew me but as soon as we met up with Rainbowbright everyone remembered :D )

I have been thinking about doing a cosplay from NHK. You know the little purple things that torment Satou. Though I don't think anyone would recognize me doing that. At least not without another 2 people for the other letters.
I have been thinking about doing a cosplay from NHK. You know the little purple things that torment Satou. Though I don't think anyone would recognize me doing that. At least not without another 2 people for the other letters.

Oh man, that's one of my alltime favorite shows, I would DEFINITELY recognize you!

I was Nanny from the Rose of Versailles. Basically an obscure character from a 1978 anime. I was surprised about 3 people knew who I was, haha -_-

Heh, my bf and I did Hazuki and Kouhei from Moon Phase. I actually didn't realize the series disappeared so quickly, but almost no one recognized us. At least one photographer stopped us though, that cheered me up a bit haha. ^^;;

All I ever see now is a TON of Bleach and some Naruto here and there.

while the best cosplay i saw this year was gurren lagann itself (god it was so well done), the best IDEA had to go to the blue scout's mom from team fortress 2 in the meet the spy video. only reason i recognized the character was because her hair was spot on. definitely made my day considering the character is on screen in only that one video for less than 20 seconds

Well my Maiza Cosplay can officially be placed here. I would have thought with the increase in popularity in the show more people might recognize me, but sadly only 2 people did. Though some people in the dealer's room really liked my pocket watch.

• 3 weeks later...

Heyyyy will anyone recognize a Lovely Complex group?

It's fairly obscure. ><"

I will be Otani, I know I have a Koizumi and we're looking into having Seiko and Nobu. ^^

We need some guys....if anyone is interested. XD

Another obscure I'll be wearing is Rikku's wetsuit, FFX. ><; We're hoping to have an out there group of NPCs. XD Elma, Cid and Shelinda among that. ^^

I think next year I may go as the happiness bunny from the adult swim Shin Chan. That should be fun..but reaaalllyy hot. x.x

I would love you forever for this!

As for me, I've done several:

Jade/Shauni from Beyond Good & Evil - Most gamers vaguely recognized it, but the game was a commercial failure, so I can count on one hand the number of people that have been able to name the character. I call it the best game that no one's played.

Vampire from Gantz - This was more of a throw-together costume that I never expect anyone to recognize. The anime is pretty obscure to begin with and it only goes as far as the Buddha statue story arc before it goes off on its own tangent.

Oboro from Basilisk - Some people vaguely recognize the costume from promotional pictures, but no one has ever seen the anime. So most poeple think "generic girl in a kimono". I've only had one person that recognized the character.

Mina Murray from Dracula - I bought a random steampunk-like outfit and called it my "Mina" costume. No one ever recognizes it because it's a character from a book. I may add a mini-top hat and a red scarf to make it more like the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen version of her.

Silk Spectre II from Watchmen - You'd think people would recognize this one, given the popularity of the movie. But I do the comic version, instead of the more recognizable movie version.

Michelle Morgan from Subspecies - Yeah, I don't expect anyone to recognize a random scream queen from a series of bad '80s horror flicks. The only reason people approached our group is because our Radu looked appropriately hideous.

I thought I would have to add Rainbow Brite and Scarlett from GI Joe to the list, but I've gotten strongly positive reviews for both of those that I don't think they really count as "obscure"!

I saw way too many obscure ones this year.

To name a few, Yang Wen-li and Reinhard from Legend of the galactic heroes, I think they were my favorite cosplayers from this year, only because <3 LoGH

Duke Nukem

Pretty Much all the Black Lagoon Cosplayers, namely Sawyer and Balalaika.

Deedlit from Record of Lodoss war

Retro from Dead Leaves

The guy who Cosplays as Jushun Liger every year

Doctor Muto

The Space Battleship Yamato/Star Blazers Group, I'm sure Mr. Ishiguro was very happy about it.

Did anyone see that girl Dressed as Paprika? Because I seem to be the only one who got her picture. you can view my Gallery in the Gallery thread.