Please help with my silly question

I know this may sound like a stupid question, but since I've never been to a convention and never cosplayed before I thought I'd ask.

Do people wear the same cosplay all three days of the con or do they wear other cosplay or regular clothes?

I really don't know and I couldn't imagine wearing the same costume all three days.

Thank you for taking the time to look at my post!!!

Hope you finished pre-reg!!

It's really up to you. I know some people who do as many as ten cosplays throughout the weekend. For me, it's a matter of what stays clean. I rarely ever wear a costume for more than half the day. If I don't feel like cosplaying, I throw on whatever is comfortable to walk around in. Jeans, a t-shirt, etc.

There's really no rules to how many cosplays you do, how long you do them for, or what you wear all weekend. Do what you want to do! Just do us all a favor and SHOWER. :D

Edited by Otaku Ru
I know this may sound like a stupid question, but since I've never been to a convention and never cosplayed before I thought I'd ask.

Do people wear the same cosplay all three days of the con or do they wear other cosplay or regular clothes?

I really don't know and I couldn't imagine wearing the same costume all three days.

We generally do not cosplay on Sunday, but there are those who do. We generally ware 2 costumes more out of "unable to choose" then for hygiene reasons. Last year we did where the same costumes Friday and Saturday (though we changed to street clothes Saturday evening). Depending on the material and how hot you get under the collar sometimes just airing the costume out (inside out if you can manage it) with a little touch of fabric freshener will keep it smell-free. Also if your costume, or it's inner most parts, are machine washable, all hotels have laundry facilities and you can always just wash it when you get back to the hotel.

in the past I've cosplayed on friday and saturday and then wear regular clothes on sunday. but even on the first 2 days i wont wear the costumes the entire day. I'll go back to my room and change in the evening.... maybe. sunday is a hard day to cosplay because you have to check out of your hotel room and make sure all 20 people in your room are checked out :D. doesnt leave you much time to get to the con.

but when and how long you cosplay is up to you. everyone has a different system

As everyone aforementioned, wearing comfy clothes on Sunday is a good idea. It's just easier that way, and you'll be less exhausted running around saying goodbye to all your new friends and snagging up last-minute deals at the DR.

Edited by Otaku Ru

My very first Otakon, I was planning on only cosplaying on Friday but my costume wasn't noticably smelly so I wore it again on Saturday XD Usually I cosplay on Friday and Saturday with two different costumes and then wear normal clothes on Sunday. (One year I dressed as Luffy from One Piece on Thursday night both because I like the costume and because it's a good one to wear when you're out in the heat, heh.)

I'd say that you shouldn't rely on wearing the same clothes more than one day, just in case they DO get smelly -- or you get a spill, a tear, or some other mishap that makes an outfit unrepeatable. Other than that, though, it's up to you.

Like everyone said, its up to you! I personally only wore 1 costume last year. Sort of. I was the Scout from TF2 who's costume consists of basically pants and a tshirt (either blue or red). So on friday i was wearing my red shirt and saturday i was blue. But really my stuff wasn't stinky anyway.

Wear your costume as much as you like, but remember to bring some anti-stink stuff and a change of plain-clothes.