Food at Panels?

Question

Hi

I am applying for a panel this year and would like to give out tea and a snack that relates to the panel to the audience members.

Given that food isn't allowed at the BCC, do you think they would allow this as a part of my panel? I'm not selling it, its just free for the people who come to the panel. We would probably get a small room, and I am going to propose on our application that we end 5 minutes early + vacuum (just for good measure). We would make sure the food didn't leave the room.

Do you think this is worth adding to our panel application? I know in previous years people have thrown candy out to audience members... :)

3 answers to this question

Offering candy/snacks as prizes (for trivia, or whatever) is different than handing out food to the whole audience of 200+.

The worst that will happen is the panels department head will say, "No." If your panel is accepted, you can still present it sans-food.

Thank you, I will have to try to change it around to be some sort of prize I guess. Last year the panel was small, under 50 people, so I wasn't expecting a buffet or anything :). But I will change what we were going to do around.

Thanks~

Offering candy/snacks as prizes (for trivia, or whatever) is different than handing out food to the whole audience of 200+.

The worst that will happen is the panels department head will say, "No." If your panel is accepted, you can still present it sans-food.