Would like a group

[if this is in the wrong place, please throw it in the correct direction. Thanks!]

Hi everyone. As a few MAY know (not likely :D) I'm flying in from England to attend this years Otakon. I'm travelling on my own, and it's my first time at Otakon, or any big convention for that matter. In the interest that I don't get lost, or swarmed or trampled, I would like to request a group to travel around the BCC and town with.

I have a hotel and travel to and from Baltimore sorted, so that's all good, what I had in mind was just a few people, who have maybe attended before, and similar to my age that I could shadow during the days of the convention. I think that after a day or two I'll be kay on my own anyway, but I don't want to miss out on all the fun just because I'm a new con-goer.

So, would anybody be kind enough to volunteer? I'd be eternally grateful. Contact me if you'll consider helping me.

Thanks all!

Well, I know what you feel like.

I may not be coming from as far away as you are,

but it will be my 1st time in baltimore and only my 2nd convention.

Sadly too it seems like none of my con going buddies can come this summer,

so it might just be me.

Either way, I can add one person to a "group" if you want to.

I find meeting and hanging out with new people at cons always fun!

Well, I wouldn't mind hanging out with some new guys. Seems like fun times, and it's always nice to meet new people! This would be my third con, really. So I like to think I know what I'm doing. And I'm bringing along a lot of wacky friends, so I'm sure you'll have a good time. :o

as you'll learn, you are never really alone at this con. you will most likely run into someone or a group of people who share your same interests during the course of the weekend. i've never traveled to a con by myself, but i certainly wouldnt be shy to do so because i know from personal experience that I will run into someone - either a friend or a stranger - who i could hang out with.

and as far as the city goes, you dont have to travel far to get something to eat. there's plenty of places around the convention center and inner harbor. there's even a food court you can get to by walking across a skywalk that's connected to the convention center.... but it's very busy during the con and filled with cogoers.

but seriously, dont worry about being lonely..... that won't happen

Meeting new random people is the best part of the con XD. I imagine if you just walked up to someone randomly you'd have a new friend. :) I hope to see you there somehowwwwww.

Hi! I'm a veteran con-goer...but this will be my first Otakon, as well as my first con on my own. None of my friends are able to make it, but I still wanna go so I'm going to probably be rooming with random people as well as wondering around on my own alot. I'd love to have a con-buddy though! If you want, feel free to pm me and I can give you my aim screen name. =D

You guys might think this is kinda dumb, but I found this a while back on another site (can't remember where). It's a little survey that can help you find who'd be a compatible con-buddy. Feel free to ignore me and not do it. >_<

-Personal Stats-

Name (First name or Alias):: Kelly

Male or Female:: Female

Do you need sleep at a con? YES! I cannot FUNCTION on two hours of sleep like many people I know are able to do. I need at least 5 hours to function. >_>

Drink or smoke:: Drink, socially. I have been drunk on occasions, but I am not an obnoxious drunk.

Tell us about yourself:: Hmm

OK, well that can be a good idea, I guess i'll try it out:

-Personal Stats-

Name (First name or Alias):: WEB

Male or Female:: Male

Do you need sleep at a con? For about 2 hours.

Drink or smoke:: No, never, nunca, jamas

Tell us about yourself:: 1st Otakon, 2nd Anime con - Love just about any kind of Anime

-Convention Stats-

Do you go to panels? Usually my main reason for going.

Do you attend the dances/raves? Not usually

Do you spend any time gaming? Only on the weird/wacky games from japan

Do you participate or go to the masquerade? This Otakon will be my first time Cosplaying, so no.

Do you cosplay? This will be by 1st time; trying to go as Doumeki or Watanuki

Are you staffing or volunteering at the con? Nope

What do you spend most of your time doing while attending the convention? running and trying to do absolutely everything.

Edited by webyugioh

-Personal Stats-

Name (First name or Alias):: Ian

Do you need sleep at a con? As long as I have caffine and meds no

Drink or smoke:: No

Tell us about yourself:: I am a high school student, am in Japanese 2, this will be my first year at Otakon

-Convention Stats-

Do you go to panels? No

Do you attend the dances/raves? YES!!!!

Do you spend any time gaming? I am a gamer lol

Do you participate or go to the masquerade? I watch it sometimes

Do you cosplay? YES!

Are you staffing or volunteering at the con? No

What do you spend most of your time doing while attending the convention? Chillin with my friends

-Personal Stats-

Name (First name or Alias):: Shem (/Thyme)

Do you need sleep at a con? I always need sleep, or I just lose it.

Drink or smoke:: Nada

Tell us about yourself:: First convention ever, I love all sorts of anime, games, etc. I'm English and am flying in from England.

-Convention Stats-

Do you go to panels? i will

Do you attend the dances/raves? Hell yeah!

Do you spend any time gaming? All of it.

Do you participate or go to the masquerade? I might do ^^

Do you cosplay? Of course

Are you staffing or volunteering at the con? No

What do you spend most of your time doing while attending the convention? Probably trying to work out where I am, taking photos and dancing.

---

This was a good idea Livingdeadgirl!

I wanna fill this out tooo

-Personal Stats-

Name (First name or Alias):: Pix

Do you need sleep at a con? At least a little bittt.

Drink or smoke:: Nyet.

Tell us about yourself::My 2nd Otakon and convention ever really. CAN'T WAIT *flail

-Convention Stats-

Do you go to panels? Depending on what's going on with itttt.

Do you attend the dances/raves? OF COURSE!! They are fun awesomeness.

Do you spend any time gaming? I'm not to great at video games but I always try until I lose at least twenty times...

Do you participate or go to the masquerade? I didn't last year because I didn't realize it was going on or something but this year I'm planning on going not participatingg.

Do you cosplay? I do...not well..but hopefully this year will be better than last.

What do you spend most of your time doing while attending the convention? Waiting in lines and giggling. O_O

Heh, I'll give this a go too :)

-Personal Stats-

Name (First name or Alias):: RTeker

Do you need sleep at a con? Yes of course

Drink or smoke:: Dink---not yet, Smoke---NO WAY

Tell us about yourself:: Too much to tell ;)

-Convention Stats-

Do you go to panels? Not really

Do you attend the dances/raves? Rarely, always seem to tire out around that time

Do you spend any time gaming? A fair bit when there is nothing to watch.

Do you participate or go to the masquerade? I enjoy going to the masquerade.

Do you cosplay? Aye

Are you staffing or volunteering at the con? Not at Otakon

What do you spend most of your time doing while attending the convention? Wondering the Game room or Dealers room :D

I wanna join the fun!

-Personal Stats-

Name (First name or Alias):: Keiana

Do you need sleep at a con? Yes bout 5hrs

Drink or smoke:: Will never smoke and not legal yet 2drink

Tell us about yourself:: Will be my 3rd yr 2 Otakon. Outgoing, funny and stupid rolled into one. Wish to meet new peoples

-Convention Stats-

Do you go to panels? Once that have to do with traveling to Japan

Do you attend the dances/raves? I have to! They are my techno fix for the yr.

Do you spend any time gaming? Love gaming. Didnt have time last yr tho.

Do you participate or go to the masquerade? I always go. Cant think of anything interesting for a skit.

Do you cosplay? Trying to this yr

Are you staffing or volunteering at the con? Want to, a hoping to

What do you spend most of your time doing while attending the convention? Doing little bit of everything. Panels, Rave, Masquerade, Dealers Room, Cosplay, Eat....everything there!

This is fun!

Wow, I didn't realize how popular that thingy would be. ^_^

Seems like no one really sticks to a schedule, which I have found is best, I tried to do that my first couple cons and ended up not being able to do ANYTHING I wanted to do, so it's easier to just go with the flow. I'm also surprised to see so many 'youngins' (and I mean this in the best possible way ^_^). I wish I had started costuming earlier cause I'd prolly be really good at it by now! I look forward to meeting some of you guys! Though it probably won't be in the game rooms, unless it's to watch. I'm terrible at games, though I like watching other people play. XD

Wow, I didn't realize how popular that thingy would be. ^_^

Seems like no one really sticks to a schedule, which I have found is best, I tried to do that my first couple cons and ended up not being able to do ANYTHING I wanted to do, so it's easier to just go with the flow. I'm also surprised to see so many 'youngins' (and I mean this in the best possible way ^_^). I wish I had started costuming earlier cause I'd prolly be really good at it by now! I look forward to meeting some of you guys! Though it probably won't be in the game rooms, unless it's to watch. I'm terrible at games, though I like watching other people play. XD

• 2 weeks later...

Wow i was wanting to make a thread like this one and wouldnt ya know it theres one already been made XD

(Though i dont like reviving threads... luckily this one wasnt dead for long)

Anyways I've always gone to Otakon with a few friends.. but we always split ways before even entering the con so im stuck wondering around all by myself... Gets almost lonely lol

So just like what the first post said PM if your interested... If u want I have a facebook listed in my profile so if u wanna see who i am feel free

-Personal Stats-

Name (First name or Alias):: Matthew (I also answer to Shinzou)

Do you need sleep at a con? I dont wanna say I need it but i do enjoy it (Only while the con is closed of course)

Drink or smoke:: Socially

Tell us about yourself:: This will be my third Otakon... I can always be found at the Game Room (normally at the Naruto games) Im going to be a freshman at Penn State Mckeesport this year :ph34r: cant wait

-Convention Stats-

Do you go to panels? I've never actually attended one... never had anyone to go wit that i knew

Do you attend the dances/raves? Same as the panel question

Do you spend any time gaming? YES YES YES YES YES.... :wub: Ima gaming fanatic

Do you participate or go to the masquerade? My bros gf dragged me along last year.. but i dont participate

Do you cosplay? With my build its hard to find a decent one... but im thinking of being Chouji this year

Are you staffing or volunteering at the con? If all of my roommates bail i have to just so i can attend

-Personal Stats-

Name (First name or Alias):: Gregory

Do you need sleep at a con? Yes...while I can function on 2 hours of sleep...it ain't pritty...min 6 hours

Drink or smoke:: Drink, socially.

Tell us about yourself:: Currently studying towards a Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management and running my own small business.

-Convention Stats-

Do you go to panels? This will be my first Otakon, but I am a vet of other cons, and usually try and attend all the ones over here in Australia and at least one OS one a year.

Do you attend the dances/raves? Depends.

Do you spend any time gaming? Again, depends on what games are there.

Do you participate or go to the masquerade? I have before over here In Oz.

Do you cosplay? Yes.

Are you staffing or volunteering at the con? No, would like to, but can't work on a holiday visa.

What do you spend most of your time doing while attending the convention? Mainly walking around seeing the con, raiding the dealers room, attending the odd forum and taking photo's.

Edited by CPOK
  • 3 weeks later...

-Personal Stats-

Name (First name or Alias):: Gabby (catch-some-air is good)

Male or Female:: Female.

Do you need sleep at a con? At least three hours a night.

Drink or smoke:: No way.

Tell us about yourself::

1st Otakon, Third anime con.

I love Kingdom Hearts and pretty much all anime.

I am a photographer and I do sports, fashion and cosplay photography.

I ride horses.

I love cosplay. 8DDDD

Annnddd I love new friends.

-Convention Stats-

Do you go to panels? Usually one or two per con. I'd much rather be out taking nice cosplay shots.

Do you attend the dances/raves? YES.

Do you spend any time gaming? Not much at the con, unless it looks really weird and fun. xD

Do you participate or go to the masquerade? I always go, but I've never been in one. I plan on doing it next year, though.

Do you cosplay? aklsdfkl;asdjf akl;sdfja;slf YESSSS. I will be Marluxia this year.

Are you staffing or volunteering at the con? Nope. Not really old enough.

What do you spend most of your time doing while attending the convention? Pictures, pictures, and more pictures. And then dancing. And then maybe eat.

--------------------

If some other Otan00b or Otakon veteran wants to chill with me, I'd be so happy. Me and my friends all are going to Otakon for the first time, and we'd love to meet some people to hang out with who are also Otan00bs, but we'd also be happy with people who really know their way around Otakon.

We pretty much like anyone as long as your not mean, or do drugs.

I am especially looking for Kingdom Hearties to chill with, because KH cosplayers are amazing. 8D

Fun Fun Fun! I shall join in!

-Personal Stats-

Name (First name or Alias):: Nikki, but ya can call me Niko-ru or Chu-chan

Do you need sleep at a con? Only an hour or three, not much!

Drink or smoke:: Nope, what do you think!? I am too young for that! ^.-

Tell us about yourself:: I am a major Otaku. I love reading, drawing and playing my piano and flute. I have major issues when it comes to spelling things, and I'm a little out there. I like to cling to things I find cute or that strike some kind of interest in me. I also have a hard time expressing my emotions... So one moment I might be happy and hyper active, and the next second I turn a tad to the sinical and darkly evil side. Oh, but don't worry. I don't bit, well atleast I don't think I do.... ^.^ But really, I am a cool person if you get to know me. I'm loyal and resonsible!

-Convention Stats-

Do you go to panels? Hell yeaz!

Do you attend the dances/raves? Yep. I love 'em!

Do you spend any time gaming? Yea, A very large, but not huge part of my time is spent in the games room!

Do you participate or go to the masquerade? I participated last year. Our skit was pretty funny! xD

Do you cosplay? YES!

Are you staffing or volunteering at the con? I wish.... it sounds like something rather fun to do!

What do you spend most of your time doing while attending the convention? Hmmmm.... I try to everything and anything! I take pictures, cosplay, visit the dealer's room, visit the game' room, gat pictures taken, etc. I reeally just enjoy being around the cons and seeing all the amazing cosplays!

-Personal Stats-

Name (First name or Alias):: Michelle

Do you need sleep at a con? Depends on REM cycles. Ideally I'd like about 6 hours, but I realize that's a lot to ask.

Drink or smoke:: No, not usually.

Tell us about yourself:: I'm pretty chill, I don't do much flailing about, though I do get excited over some things. I'm a pretty big gamer and I'm more likely to recognize game characters than anime characters. I can be shy at first, but that's pretty normal. I should also add that I'm going alone so I may need some company at times.

-Convention Stats-

Do you go to panels? Not usually, but I think I will attend 2-3 at Otakon.

Do you attend the dances/raves? Yes, if there's good music I'm there!

Do you spend any time gaming? I prefer to game at home, but I may drop in here and there to observe.

Do you participate or go to the masquerade? I want to go for sure.

Do you cosplay? Of course! This year I'm doing 4 Kokoro outfits from Dead or Alive.

Are you staffing or volunteering at the con? Nope.

What do you spend most of your time doing while attending the convention? Walking around the Dealer's Room, going in and out of random rooms, mingling... usual con stuff.

-Personal Stats-

Name (First name or Alias):Bboypui, Bannister

Male or Female: Namekian, jk, Male

Do you need sleep at a con? Not until they close for the night.

Drink or smoke:Too young, wont ever do it.

Tell us about yourself:Its my first time at otakon, but my second con in total, death note is a passion, so is dbz and naruto and bleach, hehe. I think im pretty funny at times, a little awkward and slightly perverted sense of humor at times. CAANNTT FFRREEAAKKIINN WWAAIITT!!!!

-Convention Stats-

Do you go to panels? I will most definitely.

Do you attend the dances/raves? Maybe if they're not too wild, hehe.

Do you spend any time gaming?A lot, thats wat drew me to the con.

Do you participate or go to the masquerade?maybe if i can find someone to cosplay as.

Do you cosplay? I'll try...

Are you staffing or volunteering at the con? Should i answer this question?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All in all i cant freakin wait for otakon the anticipation has been building since last year, IAM GONNA EXPLODE!!

-Personal Stats-

Name (First name or Alias):: Brittany

Do you need sleep at a con? Only about 3-4 hours

Drink or smoke:: nope

Tell us about yourself::This will be my 5th otakon....*smile* Yay!!!!!!!!!

-Convention Stats-

Do you go to panels? It depends on what the panels are about!

Do you attend the dances/raves? I've only attended the race once in my 4 years....Im im open. :D

Do you spend any time gaming? At home...YES....at the Con, maybe I'll pop my head in to look.....I don't really play thou.

Do you participate or go to the masquerade? Every year. Its awsome!

Do you cosplay? Casually

What do you spend most of your time doing while attending the convention? hehe...I'm a big dealers room girl!!!!

you are a brave lad! flying across the sea to go to a con ^_^

i know how ya feel man. i go to cons by myself all the time. your never really alone at a con. at a con your allies are all around you. even w/o us here on the boreds. you will meet ppl and make new friends.

im an experienced con goer, and ive been over seas a few times. so ill give you some advice.

it is wise to get a plane that will arrive in Baltimore at least by Thursday around 11am eastern time. that will give you enough time to get your cargo from the baggage claim, get to the hotel etc. It will also give your body time to recover from jet lag. if you pre-reg, it is also wise to get your badge on Thursday too. it is quite brutal to stand in the long line and heat Friday during the con.

supplies you will need -

money - lots of it.

cell phone

camra - extra batteries - power cable maybe a plug adapter too [maybe a converter too, make sure your power block says that the input can be 110v-120v or so. most newr electronics work in a range of 110v-240v]

mentally - be ready for culture shock. this is the largest gathering of anime fans you might ever see. your head might explode from over dose of awesome XD :P

con goers will be all over the harbor area. its like we have invaded with an army of 25,000 ppl :P

also if you wanna hangout with me, feel free to tag along

pm to arrange details

-Personal Stats-

Name (First name or Alias):: Megan

Do you need sleep at a con? I like sleep, and i'm not at a hotel so i'll probably leave kinda early, 8-9ish

Drink or smoke:: Not at all

Tell us about yourself:: This'll be my third con, all Otakon. And i'm thrilled to be cosplaying the first time. I'm really shy and I usually can't approach people but i'm really friendly and I like to hang out with almost everyone!

-Convention Stats-

Do you go to panels? I've never been before, but i'm sure i'd like to

Do you attend the dances/raves? I've never been to one of these before either but i'd go!

Do you spend any time gaming? I try! I'm too shy to get in there and play a game though!

Do you participate or go to the masquerade? Never been but i'd like to

Do you cosplay? I will this year hopefully, for the first time.

Are you staffing or volunteering at the con? Nah

What do you spend most of your time doing while attending the convention? I LOVE the dealers room, shopping is love. I also love taking pictures of cosplayers. I'd really like to make some new friends this otakon so if anyone wants to hang out with me don't hesitate to ask!

• 3 weeks later...

I'll hang with you and this army - nods - just let me know where to meet you guys at I have an aim you can reach me at - vampiricriku or. my myspace which is - myspace.com/isukavalentine :D tis my first time at otakon as well - nods - and I wouldn;t mind hanging with new people :) and I wanna join the fun :P posteth -

Personal Stats-

Name (First name or Alias):: Name - Amanda. Alis - Isuka

Male or Female:: Female.

Do you need sleep at a con? XD nope.I can stay up as long as anyone wants sure I;ll passout eventualy but I don;t needs sleep XD .

Drink or smoke:: nope but I wouldn;t mind on holidays, special events when I turn 21.

Tell us about yourself::

well....alot to cover. so I'll try and simplify it XD. I love any kind of movies except romance. I love any kind of music except Country XD I love all anime and Manga ( mostly mythical, or magic etc fantasy and alot more XD ) I;m easy going and love to hang with friends and have a good laugh/time. and meet new peoples ^^

-Convention Stats-

Do you go to panels? first actual con ^^ and I would love to

Do you attend the dances/raves? - nods- I would attend it on saturday ( wont be there friday T_T but I will on saturday ^^ and sunday )

Do you spend any time gaming? yes yes. lots lol

Do you participate or go to the masquerade? I would love to ^^ .

Do you cosplay? Yes yes ^^ ( did it for other things XD )

Are you staffing or volunteering at the con? nope nopre ^^

What do you spend most of your time doing while attending the convention? I'm willing to do everything and anything to have a wonderful/great time ^^

-Personal Stats-

Name (First name or Alias):: Lauren

Do you need sleep at a con? God yes..... otherwise I'll turn into a zombie thats not very friendly

Drink or smoke:: neither.... though I sometimes drink socially. I dont drink at otakon because being drunk [or being around drunks ] is not fun

Tell us about yourself:: Im a college student from DC and this will be my 5th otakon. I wanna go on thursday and stand in the pre reg line with the other crazies - just to see what its like. I also like to cosplay and look forward to some photoshoots

-Convention Stats-

Do you go to panels? I love panels!

Do you attend the dances/raves? I dont care for the raves.... its too hot and steamy and Im afraid I'll get hit with a glow stick. Late Friday and Saturday I prefer to watch the yaoi

Do you spend any time gaming? No, fanboys in the gaming room wont let me. But I will bring my DS and pitochat people. and if the new kingdom hearts DS game comes out in time then I'll definately play that with people!

Do you participate or go to the masquerade? I never miss the masquerade

Do you cosplay? Oh yes

What do you spend most of your time doing while attending the convention? I try to make the most of the con by doing a bit of everything [except the rave]. I also like to walk around the inner harbor in cosplay and scare the locals

Would it be alright if I tagged along, too? XD; This is my first con out of state, and I'm going alone, as well.

-Personal Stats-

Name (First name or Alias):: Jaclyn

Do you need sleep at a con? SOMETIMES. It depends. I can definitely go without it if I'm having enough fun, and when I really need sleep, two or so hours are enough.

Drink or smoke:: I drink, but I don't smoke.

Tell us about yourself:: Hmm

Nahahaha, if there is an army, then the well armed Asain ninja-samurai must join. XD

AIM me at "rosedgunx" to chat and figure out hang out possibilities.

-Personal Stats-

Name or Alias:: Hisuitsume

Do you need sleep at a con?:: Yes, need about a minimum of of 6 hours every night. Plus sleeping with a buddy is very fun. wink.gif

Drink or smoke:: Never smoked but drinks socially

Tell us about yourself:: Second time going to Otakon, Have been to 3 Fanime Cons by the time Otakon rolls around and is set up to attend Anime Expo '10. Easy going and more than happy to meet new cool people. Open to chat over AIM, that button over under my picture of Hibari isn't there purely for decoration ya noe. Yes I am coming out all the way from California, Bay Area to attend Otakon once again just like last year. A deathly 6 hour torture on a plane.

-Convention Stats-

Do you go to panels?:: Sometimes, depends on whether it grabs my attention or not but it isn't the end all of the con for me.

Do you attend the dances/raves?:: Not usually, but a girl can make me change my mind real quick. laugh.gif

Do you spend any time gaming?:: Not really, but is very open to trying out any kind of game be it board or card or video.

Do you participate or go to the masquerade?:: Wasn't able to make it to the masquerade last year so I fully plan on attending the one this year.

Do you cosplay?:: What a silly question, me = Asian = cosplay. biggrin.gif I have done in the past, various shinigami including captains, Itachi Uchiha, Madara Uchiha, Tobi, and this year, I'm adding in to my own list of cosplays Hibari Kyouya of Katekyoshi Hitman Reborn 10 years later version.

Are you staffing or volunteering at the con? Nope, though I make an attempt to join staff for every con every year.

What do you spend most of your time doing while attending the convention? Running around and doing everything I can, though much of the time I can be found at the dealers hanging around the weapon shops. Asian + weapons = <3

-Personal Stats-

Name or Alias:: Yuki nakahara

Do you need sleep at a con?:: Not really if I got enough sleep the day before

Drink or smoke:: No

Tell us about yourself: Well i'm just a young otaku this will be my second otakon I plan on cosplayling a few charecters but that will be a surprise

-Convention Stats-

will edit*

• 3 weeks later...

Hello neighbor from across the pond! :)

-Personal Stats-

Name (First name or Alias):: Lauren

Do you need sleep at a con? usually, yes.

Drink or smoke:: I drink socially, don't smoke.

Tell us about yourself:: I'm a Baltimore native, been going to Otakon for a decade, I like some anime, but I'm more of a regular comic book fan!

-Convention Stats-

Do you go to panels? Depends. I haven't been to a panel since 2005, though.

Do you attend the dances/raves? Yes, but only for a little bit!

Do you spend any time gaming? Yea, but not much.

Do you participate or go to the masquerade? I don't dig the masquerade. Saturday night at 6:30 I'm seeing the band Cake for free up the street from the con.

Do you cosplay? Yes!

What do you spend most of your time doing while attending the convention? My boyfriend's a photographer, so I usually spend my time following him around. :<

Name (First name or Alias):: O.C.

Do you need sleep at a con? Yes, a little

Drink or smoke:: Nah

Tell us about yourself:: A huge gamer and comic fan, third year at Otakon, and I like just about any genre of anime.

-Convention Stats-

Do you go to panels? Some, depends on if any catch my interest.

Do you attend the dances/raves? I haven't the last two years but I want to go to the Rave this year but don't want to go alone.

Do you spend any time gaming? A good bit of it.

Do you participate or go to the masquerade? I did the first year but I don't really plan on going.

Do you cosplay? Yep

What do you spend most of your time doing while attending the convention? Gaming, walking around admiring the work people have put into their costumes, attending some panels, and if anybody I want to see shows go to the concerts, go to Arist Alley, and Dealers Room a lil.

whatsup everyone This will also be my very first otakon its really strange because i am from baltomore and just never really been to one. by being the only one in my familys whose into to anime manga and other relations to it as well as freinds to not into it. I think it would be overwhelming and i would be really lost to be there alone so I would really like to group up. thanks!

-Personal Stats-

Name (First name or Alias):: Joe

Do you need sleep at a con? A bit..

Drink or smoke:: Yes, No.

Tell us about yourself:: Live in Bmore. This will be my third con. I have a small group but I am always open to meeting new people con goers.

-Convention Stats-

Do you go to panels? Some, usually only 2-3 a con.

Do you attend the dances/raves? Yes.

Do you spend any time gaming? No.

Do you participate or go to the masquerade? No.

Do you cosplay? This will be my first year!

Are you staffing or volunteering at the con? Never have.

What do you spend most of your time doing while attending the convention? Walking, Talking, Pictures, Dealers room, Artist Alley, Video rooms, Panels... Really whatever looks good in the planner.

Although I most likely won't join the army. If I saw you and recognized you I'd give you candy. Well and I wouldn't be adverse to a conversation. Anyway this looked like fun I really enjoyed reading all the responses before mine. A lot of you this seems to be your first or second convention I hope you have lots of fun!

-Personal Stats-

Name (First name or Alias):: McKenzie (yep there legit is a capital in the middle of my first name)

Do you need sleep at a con? generally as the years have gone on so has my sleeping time.

Drink or smoke:: I get socially drunk mainly because I'm a light weight and it doesn't take much....

Tell us about yourself:: This will be my 6th Otakon!! Exciting. I graduated with a degree in graphic design last year and still can't find a real job (www.flyingpi.com) and I read a lot. Love to wear costumes (all the time) and am generally a fun person to be around (or so my friends inform me)

-Convention Stats-

Do you go to panels? usually if someone in my group wants to go I'm up for it which means I actually attended quite a few last year (I got some sweet freebies last year!!)

Do you attend the dances/raves? Haven't as it sort of reminds me of 8th grade dances....?

Do you spend any time gaming? Not at the convention. and not as much as when I was younger

Do you participate or go to the masquerade? I still haven't actually managed to actually go to one.

Do you cosplay? Hell's Yes! (this year is going to be epic)

Are you staffing or volunteering at the con? Never have.

What do you spend most of your time doing while attending the convention? Generally walking around and hanging out. Seeing some anime, panels, But basically the last couple of year's a lot of time has been spent working on out Photo Scavenger Hunt. (Its wicked amusing and forces you to take some pics that you wouldn't take) our group gets really intense about it!

-Personal Statistics-

Name (First name or Alias):: Jon or Jonathan

Male or Fe male:: Male

Do you need sleep at a con? Usually eventually, although I have become somewhat of an ensomniac lately. I imagine I will sleep fine after my flight though. -.-

Drink or sm oke:: Drink when the feeling arises or I'm surrounded by tastey drinks. HATE sm oking.

Tell us about yourself:: Uh what to say... I love games. I love biking and running, although this is a recent development. I love Japan; history, culture (Both old and new), language, food, and most of the lifestyle. I graduated from college, and a year later moved to Japan. Living half way around the world from all of your friends is a challenge, throw in the lack of language ability at first and it was... painful. Wouldn't pass it up for anything else though.

-Convention Statistics-

Do you go to panels? Yes, usually a few.

Do you attend the dances/raves? Not usually.

Do you spend any time gaming? Not usually. My console abilities are lacking I fear.

Do you participate or go to the masquerade? Never have, but I hear its a lot of fun! ;p

Do you cosplay? I have before, and this year I may wander about Saturday as Kyon from Haruhi. Mainly because its simple. :D

Are you staffing or volunteering at the con? Nope. -.- I don't work on vacation, especially not as a go-for.

• 3 weeks later...

-Personal Stats-

Name (First name or Alias):: Delaney. But a lot of people use Aya as well. I started using that because some people couldn't pronounce Delaney.

Male or Female:: Female. But I'll be male (to the best of my extent... but i'm not good at all at it) for the convention during the day.

Do you need sleep at a con? Yes and no... it depends on if I want to bother spending money for Cherry Pepsi or not.

Drink or smoke:: ...... I haven't yet at Otakon, Non

Tell us about yourself:: 3rd Otakon. :D and i've been to more other anime conventions but I've only gone to a non-anime convention once and it didn't give me the same warm fuzzies. It's my first year going with only friends. It's nice being old enough to rent your own hotel room. ^___^ Hmm, I play cello, sing and adore traveling. I tend to do things without real regard as to if it's viewed as 'out there'. I make it my duty to act with the same hyperness I have at concerts and anime conventions every day! I hold that it keeps my skin young. :D I like being able to hug people. I love taking photos and also posing for them. I wish I was more committed to making good cosplays. I did at the very least submit my skin to several days of being kind of green in an effort to dye a coat.... T__T my nail bits are still a little green. D; But I have gloves now. :P I'm very easily amused and easily pleased. Especially by capsule machines and sticker and non-permanent tattoo machines. I like to carry around quarters with me in case I find one that looks fun. Sometimes I space out. I have the most fulfilling and prolonged conversations when I meet another person who understands that the world is a happy funny place and thinks with a mind at least halfway out of this universe. If you understand the joy of yelling 'YAY!' after someone who tells you that they have bread then you understand.

I really like Ayame Sohma because I can understand his point of views. Recently I've been told I don't look 19 and I don't understand why. I really love my friends and overlove them often and drag them (sometimes literally) to do things with me. I don't like being alone.

My favorite flavor of icecream is moose tracks. My favorite flavor of pocky is Pumpkin. I don't really like a lot of foods. I really don't like spiders. I sometimes don't get really obvious things and have a delayed reaction when someone sneaks up behinds and pokes me. It's a poke, then a delay and then after a few seconds finally the sound. I'm really not trying to do it. My mind just doesn't get around to reacting for that amount of time and I can't stop this reaction either. T__________T This seems long. I'm going to stop now.

-Convention Stats-

Do you go to panels? Yes. Some.

Do you attend the dances/raves? ALWAYS! AND AS LONG AS POSSIBLE! I used to not stay as long because friends always left but I recently have just kind of been the mind of "oh screw it" and I'll just stay by myself. No one will get in the way of my glow stick joy!! MUAHAHA!

Do you spend any time gaming? Not really.... I've only been to the gaming room once and that was because I was kind of loopy at some insane hour of Katsucon after leaving the still going dance.

Do you participate or go to the masquerade? I did last year. But after that I don't want to do it again. It took up the ENTIRE convention. I also didn't go into with a serious mind to win. I got advice to use my strengths to do a good skit though, so next time I'll sing and do it with people who are really super hyper motivated. And at the very least, with someone who enjoys performing. T_______T

Do you cosplay? Yes yes. I'm going as Gwendal from Kyou Kara Maoh with some friends. ^_^

Are you staffing or volunteering at the con? Never. It sounds frightening and I wouldn't like the part where you have to reprimand people.

What do you spend most of your time doing while attending the convention? Concerts, Panels and Photos. It might take the post time preparing to go out in costume this year though since I'm going to have to straighten my hair each day. Blow drying it for about 15 minutes gets it dry and MOSTLY straight but since I tend to sleep on it it ends up getting a bit waved again. I don't spend a lot of time eating. I would probably eat less if I didn't also like watching 'cosplayers at lunch'. (btw 'cosplayers at lunch and playing pool' is even higher ranked but unavailable at this con to the extent of my knowledge)

I hope to see you at the con!!! Talk to me if you see me! I hope I'll be able to spot you! I should make it a goal I think. ^_^ And I hope to be able to help you figure things out if I can or tell you where something is! :D

Baibai now!

btw, I'm also amazed that you're coming all the way from England for Otakon. It's super intense. How did you end up deciding to make this trip?

-Personal Stats-

Name (First name or Alias):: Mike

Do you need sleep at a con? Generally, yes. Especially if I stay up for the raves.

Drink or smoke:: Neither, vile habits that they are.

Tell us about yourself:: I hail from New York (state, not city). I live in a little city in the middle of farming country called Auburn. I've only begun to go to conventions, and as such this is my second. As my signature says, I went to Anime Boston this past May and LOVED IT! I hated the drive back home, though X_X

I'm a born-again anime fan, as I kinda fell out of the culture in middle school since no one around me watched anime. My favorites include Rurouni Kenshin, OHSHC, BECK, and Gurren Lagann. Beyond anime, I like Mythbusters, Dirty Jobs, the revisioned Battlestar Galactica, Jericho, and most any 90s era sitcoms. I also like to read, but not just manga. I'm really into 1984, Brave New World, A Canticle for Leibowitz, Starship Troopers, among others. I'm also really into music, but not into modern rap and all country.

-Convention Stats-

Do you go to panels? Generally, unless it's a VA panel or something that intrigues me, no.

Do you attend the dances/raves? I tried to at AB, but I got too tired and just decided to head back to the room early. I WILL definitely go to at least the Friday dance.

Do you spend any time gaming? Not in the VG rooms, no. I do play video games, along with card, board, and mind games.

Do you participate or go to the masquerade? I go to the Masquerade, but I don't participate in it.

Do you cosplay? YES! I'll be going as General Leo, from Final Fantasy VI, this year.

Are you staffing or volunteering at the con? No, I'd probably end up in a corner shivering if I tried to control you all...

What do you spend most of your time doing while attending the convention? Usually just walking around taking pictures of all the costumes that I can.

Ahahah, seems like this has become quite a thread!

Well you're all welcome to join me in my newbi-ness. Just send me a PM if you still want to group with me and we'll organise!

...I wanna fill out one, even though I doubt I'll be able to hang out with you cause I've got my own little group already. xD Plus, I'm shy as crap...I didn't meet a single new person last year because I refused to talk to anyone. xD

-Personal Stats-

Name (First name or Alias):: Cassie

Do you need sleep at a con? Yep. Last year I tried going without sleeping at all and it did not work. At all.

Drink or smoke:: Nooooo. I hate both of those habits. >_< I hope it stops someday.

Tell us about yourself:: I laze around...I'm a sophomore in high school, I hate math, I've been into anime for awhile but have only recently admitted it to myself...last year I denied that I liked anime to everyone because I didn't want to be a dork. xD But last year was my first anime convention, Otakon, so that sort of helped me come out of my anime closet.

-Convention Stats-

Do you go to panels? Nope. None of them really interest me and I don't have the attention span to sit through them.

Do you attend the dances/raves? Nope. Once again, I just don't like them. xD

Do you spend any time gaming? Not at cons. There are WAYYY too many people and no games that actually interest me to bother waiting for a spot to play.

Do you participate or go to the masquerade? YES. It's essentially the only reason I go to Otakon. I love love love love it. Last year, I waited in line for 4 hours for it and I got a seat three rows from the stage.

Do you cosplay? Yep. But this year shall be my first.

Are you staffing or volunteering at the con? Nope.

What do you spend most of your time doing while attending the convention? Walking around, looking at costumes. That's about it...I hit the Dealer's Room a great bit too, but I can't buy anything because I don't have the money...I like going outside and just sitting and watching the people in costume walking around, and the reactions of the people walking past. Then I tend to just hit some of the emptier anime showing rooms to have a rest and enjoy air conditioning and seats. Then again, that was only last year, so...eh.

Name (First name or Alias):: Megan

Do you need sleep at a con?:: It's usually a good idea.

Drink or smoke:: Drinking, socially.

Tell us about yourself:: I'm your average student working his way through college. I enjoy airsoft, anime, video games, and chilling with friends as well as meeting new people and socializing and trying new things with people.

-Convention Stats-

Do you go to panels?:: Only id I'm real interested.

Do you attend the dances/raves?:: Practically the highlight of the con for me.

Do you spend any time gaming?:: Tons.

Do you participate or go to the masquerade?:: It's not really worth it to me.

Do you cosplay?:: I want to, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to beat my laziness and finish this year's new cosplay.

Are you staffing or volunteering at the con?:: Like I said, too lazy.

What do you spend most of your time doing while attending the convention?:: Meeting as many new friends as I can, gaming, running to all the different shoots, and catching cool deals at the DR on Sunday.

I'm surprised I hadn't posted to this thread yet. Or have I? No, I don't think I have.

Anyway...

Name (First name or Alias):: Mark. Or OnsenMark. The latter will work.

Age:: 36. Anyone cops a 'tude about it and I'll hit you with my cane. :lol:

Do you need sleep at a con?:: I try to get a few hours in, at least.

Drink or smoke:: Drink, sometimes, Smoke -- I'm trying to quit; Ota weekend is the last time I plan to be smoking more than one or two cigarettes on occasion.

Tell us about yourself:: Otaku before I ever heard of the word. Seriously, I remember almost being late for the bus to school in the 80s many a time, thanks to Robotech. Grocery store wage slave. I currently own too many video games. I named three of my electronic items after characters in Macross Frontier. I go to cons to have fun and try and get out of my shell just a little bit more. (Granted, I've only been to one con, but it did a lot for me, lol)

-Convention Stats-

Do you go to panels?:: Depends on the subject and if there's nothing else that I want to go to more scheduled.

Do you attend the dances/raves?:: I can't dance. Why would I go?

Do you spend any time gaming?:: Nah.

Do you participate or go to the masquerade?:: Participate, no, but I might go watch it.

Do you cosplay?:: I still haven't quite decided if I want to or not yet this con.

Are you staffing or volunteering at the con?:: Nope.

What do you spend most of your time doing while attending the convention?:: Based on my experience at this past Katsu? Meeting and conversing with new people, buying swag($100 for a sealed copy of .hack volume 4 FTW), and taking pictures of interesting costumes.

Hey I'm probably late for this but whatever. I'm actually going to Otakon by myself too so I would definitely wanna hang out with you guys {well my dad's gonna take me to the con and pay for some stuff but he's not hanging out with me}. Anyway...

Name: Autumn

Male or Female: Female

Do you sleep at a con: Yes but only because my dad has to pick me up but I can stay at the con til 1 AM {I know this isn't that late, if it were up to me I would stay up til 4}

Drink or Smoke: No and No

About myself: I am usually a shy person but being around so many anime fans makes me come out of my shell to the point where I can actually just walk up to someone and compliment them on thier cosplay or strike up a conversation. I love to read {usually sci-fi/fantasy stuff} and listen to music {mostly rock and techno}. I hate anything Disney Channel and Twilight {I love vampire stories and Twilight gives Vampires a bad name}. Anyway I look forward to 3 days of awesomeness and making some new friends ^_^. This will be my 2nd convention the 1st being Otakon last year.

-Con Stats-

Do you go to panels? Yes

Do you attend dances/raves? I didn't go last year but I am definitely going this year.

Do you spend any time gaming? Not at cons

Are you going to participate/watch the Masquerade? I might watch.

Do you cosplay? No for 2 reasons. The 1st being that I don't look like any particular anime character and the 2nd being that it's too hot for most costumes

Are you staffing at the con? Nope

What do you spend most of your time doing at the con? I socialize, attend panels, attend screenings, get autographs, go to the concerts, and look around the dealers room.

Hello:

You didn't mention your age? I have a 20 year daughter who would love to pal with you. She is a seasoned con goer.

I am a gofer (volunteer) so I will be working most of the time. If I may ask where are you statying? Are you will to exchange numbers?

Man, I thought I left Peer Pressure back in High School! Ah well...

-Personal Stats-

Name (First name or Alias):: Revengel or The Revengel

Do you need sleep at a con? At least a couple hours per night...

Drink or smoke:: About a glass of wine per year.

Tell us about yourself:: Otakon IV was my first con...and I've been hooked ever since. I have a comic book background and I *still* remember how a friend got me hooked on Anime by giving me some Ranma 1/2 Fansubs. That was 1996. Now if you want to get specific one could say I've been into anime since I was a kid thanks to Speed Racer, Kimba the White Lion, Marine Boy, Gigantor, Astroboy & Tobor the 8th Man. Rushing home from school for Captain 20 was my favorite past time.

Ok, feel free to make the Hoposai remarks.

^_~

-Convention Stats-

Do you go to panels? Only upon occasion.

Do you attend the dances/raves? When I can - Dr. Mrs. The Revengel doesn't dance. (sob)

Do you spend any time gaming? Hamfat yes. Considering I named my bike Charlotte from Samurai Showdown..!

Do you participate or go to the masquerade? I tend to go, but I haven't done too many costumes. In all the years that I've gone to cons I've done Priss's dead boyfriend (1/2), Shi-Shi-O (2nd), Priss in a hardsuit (complete w/ bike, 3rd) and Larva (4) but only competed with the Priss hardsuit.

Do you cosplay? See above.

Are you staffing or volunteering at the con? No, but I prob'ly should some time.

What do you spend most of your time doing while attending the convention? Look at all the outfits, watch at least one vid per year, take LOTS of pic-tars, shop and have a general great time.

Edited by Revengel

Name (First name or Alias):: Kyle (or Pillow-kun)

Do you need sleep at a con? About as much as usual. (5-6 hrs)

Drink or smoke:: neither

Tell us about yourself: I've been coming since Otakon 06 from just outside of Philly, and I've had a blast each time. I'm all around geek, nerd, dork, and sometimes an incarnation of Loki, Hermes, or Coyote (depends what continent I am on). I've seen a decent amount of anime, read somewhat like Yomiko from Read or Die, and I have a B.S. in Chemistry. Mad Scientist FTW. And I have a job relevant to my degree! Score useful major! *Cue "Still alive" from Portal*

-Convention Stats-

Do you go to panels? sometimes, if they pique my interest. Depends on the topic.

Do you attend the dances/raves? I hope to; they have been decent in the past.

Do you spend any time gaming? Some. Usually fighting games. If I was better at it, I would go for SF4.

Do you participate or go to the masquerade? yes, Great times watching it.

Do you cosplay? I wish I could cosplay more for this, but sadly, my crafting skills are teh suck. However, I have and will cosplay if someone is willing to lend a costume. (I've crossplayed Sailor Moon this way; Good times had by all.)

Are you staffing or volunteering at the con? Nah

What do you spend most of your time doing while attending the convention? My main goals are to just take a ton of pictures, meet a lot of people, and have a good time geeking out with 23,000 fellow Otaku.

www.myspace.com/mycharius (haven't updated in 3 years)

http://www.facebook.com/mycharius (update much more)

As a sidenote, do we have a meeting place/time yet? because for a group this size, it would need to a rather prominent location...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.