Baltimore Anime Clubs?

I was about to post that! :)

But yeah, Towson Anime is *very* active. We volunteer at Sakura Matsuri, we hold some screenings and performances and other events and our new tradition: Tigercon. 2008 was our first year doing it and we got 350 people for a one day thing.

But anyway, if you'd like to drop by for a meeting sometime, feel free. Technically, you can't be a *member* unless you're a fee-paying full time student, but you can still show up. We meet Thursdays at 7 PM in University Union, Room 305. Parking is free on Cross Campus Drive in the evenings.

Which side of Baltimore do you live in? East Side, Howard County, Harford County, etc. The Metro area is a big area and it would help in you finding a club.

• 2 weeks later...

Since you're in Anne Arundel County, there's also the Anne Arundel Community College's anime club down in Arnold! :)

We meet on campus every Tuesday from 1-6 in Annex B, room 112. (I think that's the room number; we always have a sign posted outside of the door, though.) I'm sure we're smaller than Towson (university vs. community college and all) but we're a real fun bunch of people. Similar to Towson, you can't technically be a "member" without being a student down at AACC, but you can always come and hang out! :D

• 3 months later...

The Community College of Baltimore County also has an anime club on the Catonsville campus. Not sure if Essex and Dundalk do as well, but that may be another option for you when school starts back up.

Any leads on something a little more north of Baltimore?

Delaware Anime Society is probably the closest anime club from where we are. I am in Aberdeen, MD a couple of towns over from you in Harford County. www.delawareanimesociety.com is the website.

Edited by RavenNinja
I actually run Harford Community College's anime club, the Anime Media Society, but we only hold meetings during active semester currently. It may be possible to let you stop by sometime in the fall.
Edited by tstidm1
  • 2 weeks later...
I was about to post that! :P

But yeah, Towson Anime is *very* active. We volunteer at Sakura Matsuri, we hold some screenings and performances and other events and our new tradition: Tigercon. 2008 was our first year doing it and we got 350 people for a one day thing.

But anyway, if you'd like to drop by for a meeting sometime, feel free. Technically, you can't be a *member* unless you're a fee-paying full time student, but you can still show up. We meet Thursdays at 7 PM in University Union, Room 305. Parking is free on Cross Campus Drive in the evenings.

• 2 weeks later...
Since you're in Anne Arundel County, there's also the Anne Arundel Community College's anime club down in Arnold! :huh:

We meet on campus every Tuesday from 1-6 in Annex B, room 112. (I think that's the room number; we always have a sign posted outside of the door, though.) I'm sure we're smaller than Towson (university vs. community college and all) but we're a real fun bunch of people. Similar to Towson, you can't technically be a "member" without being a student down at AACC, but you can always come and hang out! :lol:

Since you're in Anne Arundel County, there's also the Anne Arundel Community College's anime club down in Arnold! :lol:

We meet on campus every Tuesday from 1-6 in Annex B, room 112. (I think that's the room number; we always have a sign posted outside of the door, though.) I'm sure we're smaller than Towson (university vs. community college and all) but we're a real fun bunch of people. Similar to Towson, you can't technically be a "member" without being a student down at AACC, but you can always come and hang out! :D

the Anime club at Anne Arndel Commuity College in Anrold is now in Careers Center Building room 247 just for the summer, I think and I also go to that club. I just to the light rail and the bus from where I live plus, I also live in Anne Arundel County. I'm taking the light rail all the way up to the convention center for Otakon.

• 2 months later...
Any leads on something a little more north of Baltimore?

Delaware Anime Society is probably the closest anime club from where we are. I am in Aberdeen, MD a couple of towns over from you in Harford County. www.delawareanimesociety.com is the website.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...