I know that there is usually a big meetup at Edo but if there are any 21+ congoers there is a pretty good happy hour deal at Houlihan's. Half price drinks and appetizers and the Long Islands are pretty good... If anyone wanted to meetup feel free -- I'm sure that a few friends and myself will be there until the line dies down a little... that is unless we decide to play a game of Random Strangers... Either way See you there!

• 2 months later...
I know that there is usually a big meetup at Edo but if there are any 21+ congoers there is a pretty good happy hour deal at Houlihan's. Half price drinks and appetizers and the Long Islands are pretty good... If anyone wanted to meetup feel free -- I'm sure that a few friends and myself will be there until the line dies down a little... that is unless we decide to play a game of Random Strangers... Either way See you there!

This sounds super fun. I'm an Otakon first-timer, but at other conventions I've been to it can be difficult to find the 21+ set. I'm coming from DC, so I could potentially transport (friendly, mostly-sane) folks to this if they are in my area. I'm sure I can rally a small group of other fun, geeky, anime-loving grad students to come.

Sweet... I've always wanted to be part of a message board stranger meet-up!

Awesome... The Blue Razz Long Island is the best... just don't go washing it down with stuffed mushrooms before deciding to go wait in the hot Baltimore sun for a couple hours.... Speaking from experience... :D

And if anyone wants to play random strangers just have something worth giving away (last year it was gatorades and tickets to Tropic Thunder) and just give a descriptive characteristic of someone and give said item to the first person in line you find that matches....

Awesome... The Blue Razz Long Island is the best... just don't go washing it down with stuffed mushrooms before deciding to go wait in the hot Baltimore sun for a couple hours.... Speaking from experience... :P

And if anyone wants to play random strangers just have something worth giving away (last year it was gatorades and tickets to Tropic Thunder) and just give a descriptive characteristic of someone and give said item to the first person in line you find that matches....