2009 AMV makers meeting place

Is there going to be a meeting place this year?

If so I suggest the outdoor bar at Hard Rock Cafe (weather permitting) but if the weather is bad I dunno.

• 3 weeks later...

nobody wants to meet up aw man!!!!

I totally get that it is a bit early in the game to be planning it but it's that last year I saw the 2008 meeting up thread a day after Otakon. I really wanted to meet up with fellow AMV makers especially since last year for the weekend I mostly survived off of Gatorade, Fluff 'N' nutter sandwiches, Kusagi Gummi's, and vendor food. I really didn't wanna miss out on it this year and also for some of the newer con attendees, myself included, so they can catch early it as well.

For this first time con goers pretty much everything is in walking distance due to it all being in the Inner Harbor District. everything is probably within 5-10 minutes walking time time from the convention center.

• 2 weeks later...

ok quick Q though should a meeting spot gets decided on;

How do ya prove that your an AMV maker to others at the meeting?

cause I myself have quite a few AMV's that I never submitted into any contest but I would be tempted to do this meet-up type thing.

ok quick Q though should a meeting spot gets decided on;

How do ya prove that your an AMV maker to others at the meeting?

cause I myself have quite a few AMV's that I never submitted into any contest but I would be tempted to do this meet-up type thing.

Just a quick note: if you guys are planning on meeting somewhere within the con (e.g. anywhere inside the BCC or an Otakon/public space in the Hilton), I wouldn't plan on forcibly excluding anyone. The only reasons why people get turned out of any room at Otakon is 1) they don't have a badge, 2) the room is full. People are asked to move from public areas if they're causing traffic problems. Someone with no interest in AMVs probably would be completely out of place and wasting their time at the AMV meetup, but if you can't kick them out just because they don't make AMVs.

Yea I wasn't gonna exclude or setup some kinda special phrase it is gonna be if you come then you come if you don't then you don't.

With me is I have been only Youtube and Myspace for the past five years I doubt anybody down there has ever heard of me and I have only ever been in one AMV contest, Otakon 2008, and I have probably never heard of any of the other AMV makers that may be joing up.

So it'll be you show up or you don't no restrictions, no guidelines

Anyone that would do that crap is not someone that I would want to hang out with

• 1 month later...

is it still too early to try and setup a meeting place??????