Fan Parodies for 2009

Hey all,

Now that con planning is in full swing, does anyone have suggestions for the Fan Parody programming for this year's con? More classics, more new stuff? More fandubs, more animations, more live action? Long stuff, short stuff, medium stuff?

If you came to any of last year's showings, what made you come? And if you left before the end, what made you leave?

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't able to attend a fan panel last year because of the day I went, but I suggest having it focus on a certain anime or manga. An anime panel that is popular (like One Piece) would work best. I would suggest the manga Fairy Tail, but I don't know how many people know about that.

All I ask is that you keep Redeath on the Saturday night fan parody schedule.

I love getting the chance to watch that on the big screen at Otakon in a room with a few thousand people who know it as well as I do every year.

Another classic fan parody I'd like to see on the schedule this year is This Is Otakudom.

All I ask is that you keep Redeath on the Saturday night fan parody schedule.

I love getting the chance to watch that on the big screen at Otakon in a room with a few thousand people who know it as well as I do every year.

Another classic fan parody I'd like to see on the schedule this year is This Is Otakudom.

Edited by SilverMiko
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As I start to burn out of the con scene the fan parodies remain to be one reason why I still want to make Otakon. So when you ask what we want more of all I can really say is "yes". All manner of the parodies/dubs/etc. are great.

I just wish the hours were better. I wish they started earlier and didn't continue into the wee hours of the next day.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.