I'm not using the net much so I might have missed this but:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-...sale-store-list

tl;dr, anime is not selling in some areas so Best Buy is clearing out the stock they have at 50% off. Select stores only though, it still sells well in some places.

I got $500 worth today for $250.

I have 10% off coupons good Friday and a stack of gift cards. Friday's an off day for me, so the Inner Harbor store beckons.

I wish the Bel Air was on that list, but I may still check there Saturday after Weight Watchers. They may also be one that are discounting and consolidating their section.

Thanks for the heads up,

but none of those stores are anywhere close to where I live.

Oh well, thats what I get for living in the middle of nowhere.

Best Buy's anime selection has been going down for months and months!! Not suprising. My old Best Buy store 1442 where I worked proud looks like their dumping a bulk. We never had much luck selling anime and was always sending it back to the manufacturer.

I dont blame us either, we got sent like 8000 Lucky Star limited editions which never sold! Nothing but DBZ, Bleach, and Naruto ever sold for us! Just sucks a majority of the stores are going to have much of a selection.

Guess for everyone, its gonna be Suncoast or online! RIGHT STUF!!

Guess for everyone, its gonna be Suncoast or online! RIGHT STUF!!

Suncoast??? they still around?

My thoughts exactly, the Suncoast in my local mall folded some time ago!

And wouldn't you know it, almost every Best Buy in MD/DC seems to be listed, except the one right here in my town.

Edited by vegeta70
Guess for everyone, its gonna be Suncoast

I don't like paying $20 more for everything I want...

I wish the Bel Air was on that list, but I may still check there Saturday after Weight Watchers. They may also be one that are discounting and consolidating their section.

If it's not on the list, they arn't doing it. The staff at the other stores have no idea about it, actually the employees at the oneI bought my stuff at barely even knew what was going on. To scale down their inventory they are sending stock form some stores to the ones on the list.

BTW, it seems that if you go into one of the stores having the sale and use their computers to browse BestBuy.com you can have anime shipped to the store and then get it at the 50% rate.

Edited by Ananegg
BTW, it seems that if you go into one of the stores having the sale and use their computers to browse BestBuy.com you can have anime shipped to the store and then get it at the 50% rate.

I can now confirm this works, just last night I bought the EVA: Perfect Collection for $50 and the 1st season of Ranma 1/2 for $20 doing this.

Edited by Ananegg