Caffine vs energy drinks vs B-12

Just thought I'd put up something about this.

Remember, caffine is a depresent, meaning once its run its course you feel run down. That means if you have 3 coffees or sodas back to back expect a crash later. A lot of energy drinks also depend on caffine and sugar to give you a rush and so you crash later. There are more energy drinks now that do us B-vitamans, which won't give you a crash at the end. You can also find B-12 drops, sprays, lossanges, etc. at health food stores which can give you a burst of energy. Of course with all this its still important to say you need to keep yourself hydrated and the best way to do that is water, lots of water. Even if you're drinking gatorade or other sports drinks, still drink some water, it will help you a lot.

OK also a warning on those 5-hour energy drinks that are advertised to have no crash effects....

DO NOT take more that ONE bottle every 48 hours i do believe that is the warning on those little orange bottles, and with good reason too as they can have serious medical repercussions. For me, I've done no-doze, monster energy drinks, soda, tea, and the 5-hour energy and out of all of them the two things that workk for me to keep me going is soda (Dr. Pepper since I can't get any Big Red) and tea (Lipton with no lemon).

Everyone is different though

Edited by RTeker
OK also a warning on those 5-hour energy drinks that are advertised to have no crash effects....

DO NOT take more that ONE bottle every 48 hours i do believe that is the warning on those little orange bottles, and with good reason too as they can have serious medical repercussions. For me, I've done no-doze, monster energy drinks, soda, tea, and the 5-hour energy and out of all of them the two things that workk for me to keep me going is soda (Dr. Pepper since I can't get any Big Red) and tea (Lipton with no lemon).

Everyone is different though

America is seriously on an energy kick these days. There's more out there to give you that extra energy boost than there ever was.

I was at the store the other day & ran across Crystal Light On The Go drink mix with caffeine & B vitamins.

What's next? Gatorade with herbal energy supplements?

Just when I thought it was bad enough being a Pepsiholic, with Stay Awake pills on stand-by for that extra boost. I'll have the occasional energy drink when I'm in the mood, but that's about it.

I'm with MC on quad shots. That and a mountain dew amp energy drink, and I'm usually golden. Only when I need a little pick me up or have a taste for them though. As far as b-12 is concerned I usually get a 'healthy dose' of that every day in the vitamins I take (to the tune of about 417% per vitamin). Though interestingly enough I cut back to nothing but water come convention time. Are you asking about or mentioning energy drinks and supplements for recommendations, trying to stay up for extended hours, or find out what people keep energized on 'at con'? Just curious.

America is seriously on an energy kick these days. There's more out there to give you that extra energy boost than there ever was.

I was at the store the other day & ran across Crystal Light On The Go drink mix with caffeine & B vitamins.

What's next? Gatorade with herbal energy supplements?

Just when I thought it was bad enough being a Pepsiholic, with Stay Awake pills on stand-by for that extra boost. I'll have the occasional energy drink when I'm in the mood, but that's about it.

Edited by YangWenli