Live Pokemon Snap!

Pokemon Snap LIVE!

49645825220071217223451.jpg

Have you ever fantasied about a living, breathing world of pokemon?

Greetings fellow conventionists! We, Project Cosplay, have decided that the time of merely watching Pokemon on screens or in our DS’s was over. We want to make the pokemon world collide into our own world. So we are calling out to all of the Pokemon cosplayers to bring out everything from your inner Jiggleypuff to the Legendaries, to real life. Our goal is to have fun!

This will take place all saturday! We will be walking around the whole con, and if you are in a pokemon cosplay feel free to act like in the pokemon snap game. It’s up to you if you would like to hide and be found, or jump into the open for a surprise attack. You do not have to be around the fountain at the start of the day, we have a route that we will make a map of so feel free to stay inside our route. At some point I suggest we get together for a photoshoot- sometime on Saturday. Preferably early afternoon-ish. I am not familiar with the group gatherings or where they are. I will look into it and try to find a spot for us, but I'm always open for suggestions.

Photographers can join in too, we will have an online pokedex set up where you can submit your photos and keep track of which pokemon you've captured. That will be up shortly so keep in touch with us. We would like to get a general idea of what pokemon are going to be at this thing. We don't mind a little variety, like multiple pikachu's or squirtles. But one thing we have to ask is not to do multiple legendaries. Because they are supposed to be rare and one of a kind.

Also, we don’t want to limit the cosplaying to just the pokemon! We would love to have people cosplay as trainers, villains, and other human characters - let’s see how far this can go! We like the interaction between the people of pokemon. We don't care if you want to be evil or good. We welcome anyone!

Project Cosplay's Pokemon List

Please feel free to comment and message about our group! It’s going to be a blast people, looking forward to working with you!

Edited by nsomniacartist
  • 1 month later...

As I said on LJ, I'll be there as Umbreon :3

Is there an actual Pokemon meet, or is this all just random throughout saturday? I'm definately going to have to switch costumes throughout the day.. Umbreon is all black faux fur and will be exceedingly warm XD But i can't seem to find any notice of like, a group shot or anything, and i wouldn't want to miss it,

• 3 weeks later...
depending what day and time is is...

My friends and I are doing gijinka, I'm a Skitty and they are mudkips X3

Ah man I really want to see Riley from pokemon diamond and pearl

My group actually does a photo scavenger hunt every year and I added Play Pokemon Snap as one of the numbers. As there were so many pokemon cosplayers last year I thought it would be a good one but I'm glad that its become its own thing out there on the board haha.

I'm really excited to see how many different Pokemon and pokemon characters show up!!

This is an absolutely brilliant idea.

So, how will you pass out the map? I won't be a pokemon but I'd love to participate as a photographer. Is there anyway I can casually participate? Like, do I have to walk around with the Pokemon Snap group?

wow o.o I love the idea :D I would of joined but I already have my cosplay all done up XP. Going as Kurumu Kurono from rosario + vampire but I wouldn't mind getting some pictures done up from the con of the pokemon cosplays lol I would enjoy a map myself of where to find the different people XD but if I did go as one I would of probably gone as Garados, Glacion, or vaporeon or maybe even a latios/latias or rayquaza XD but ah well maybe next year right? XD

• 2 weeks later...
This is an absolutely brilliant idea.

So, how will you pass out the map? I won't be a pokemon but I'd love to participate as a photographer. Is there anyway I can casually participate? Like, do I have to walk around with the Pokemon Snap group?

Awesome! Sounds like fun. I'll be going as Maid!Ash from 'Tanks for the Memories!', if that's all right. I got some interesting feedback on it last year, so hopefully I can get the same response this year, albiet with some costume changes.

Awesome! Sounds like fun. I'll be going as Maid!Ash from 'Tanks for the Memories!', if that's all right. I got some interesting feedback on it last year, so hopefully I can get the same response this year, albiet with some costume changes.

I wonder how possible it would be for me to put together a Lucario costume in less than a month. ;)

This is going to be a good turn out everyone! We're gonna try bring some music from the old school games

Huh, this sounds cool. I always like when people take my picture XP I'll be cosplaying as an Eevee, and my friend will be a Juggler from the G/S/C games (and he actually can juggle, too XP) Plus, I'm gonna try to be in character as much as I can, so don't expect much of a conversation :P

I want to join in as a photographer... xD Does it count if you're not even cosplaying any human characters hosted in Pokemon??

I know this thread is ancient but I wouldn't trying to help you guys with being just a photographer mainly cause I got me a new camera for Otakon and this seems like an awesome way to use plus I have nephews that play Pokemon and I think they would get a kick to see pokemon cosaplayers. just message me a link to your on-line pokedex and I'll be sure to help you guys out!

I'll be super effective!!!

I know this thread is ancient but I wouldn't trying to help you guys with being just a photographer mainly cause I got me a new camera for Otakon and this seems like an awesome way to use plus I have nephews that play Pokemon and I think they would get a kick to see pokemon cosaplayers. just message me a link to your on-line pokedex and I'll be sure to help you guys out!

I'll be super effective!!!

• 5 months later...

Two friends and I are planning on going as the legendary bird trio Articuno, Zapados, and Moltres. I definitely am interested in doing this and I think my friends will be, too. I hope this is for Otakon 2010, because if it happened last year then I will be sad. I am confused on the exact details (starting place in the con, day, time, rules, path layout, etc.)

If they are already somewhere, I would really appreciate a pointer.

Two friends and I are planning on going as the legendary bird trio Articuno, Zapados, and Moltres. I definitely am interested in doing this and I think my friends will be, too. I hope this is for Otakon 2010, because if it happened last year then I will be sad. I am confused on the exact details (starting place in the con, day, time, rules, path layout, etc.)

If they are already somewhere, I would really appreciate a pointer.