ok new topic here;

Who has ever had a dream about an anime convention? How often? Am I the only one?

I personally like having these types cause its better than the zombie ones :wub: and its a sign that I need my con fix soon :ph34r:

Yes I have dreamed about otakon too.

I think I have had 2 of them. One was normal and the other not so normal.

One of them had Otakon in a mall with a whole bunch of people i knew over the yrs. Creepy....0_0

I usually get them around convention buzz. I know they registrations open during january so dream then. When its time for the upcoming months there is a new one. Then when its a few weeks before it i have one.

Its all planned out it my brain. lol ^0^

I've had a dream or two about Otakon.

Don't think I'll ever forget this one I had gosh, back in '03 that combined Otakon, a Creed concert & a missed wedding all into one event. All 3 events had happened within a 2 week period & strangely enough I received that freaky dream as a result of sorts.

My mind works in mysterious ways...

Edited by Shineigami02
  • 1 month later...

I haven't had any dreams about Otakon or any other anime convention but I have had plenty of dreams of zombies sometime I can't go back to sleep. But I do have a "Goal" dream which is to get into the finals of at least one Otakon AMV contest!

I had a dream last night I was at Otakon and I competed in the Super Smash Bros. Brawl tournament, I was in the final round and I won the competition. My opponent was one of my best friends, It could've gone either way, But he got the upper hand on me, I settled for Runner up, it was like when The Rock defeated Hulk Hogan at WWE Wrestlemania 18, I was nervous as hell.

I have had more con-going dreams/nightmares this year than ever before, but I have at least three to five a year, since I dunno.. maybe four years ago?

Sometimes they're a lot of fun, sometimes they're just the setting, and other times they're utterly terrifying...

For some reason, I always have dreams about Otakon very far away from the actual con date itself. The con always takes place in a location that is very much NOT the BCC or even Baltimore at all. I believe in one dream it was actually held in a parking garage. :lol: The con is always a much larger affair than it could ever possibly be in reality as well. At least they're always pleasant dreams where I'm enjoying myself.

Dreams are fun, aren't they?

• 2 weeks later...

I usually dream about the con as the date gets closer. Never good dreams, it's either I've forgotten something very vital to cosplay, losing friends at the BCC...or driving and never getting there O.o. Ugh...zombie dreams *shudders* I'm glad I'm not only one who gets those. Now a zombie filled BCC...that would be a really bad dream lol...unless you like zombies.

This is fantastic that I found this topic...

Haha, for the past few months I have been having these strange, long dreams all pertaining to Otakon in some way. They're not necessarily bad, just strange. For example, in one dream I was somehow hindered from getting to Otakon until late on Saturday...I got there with my boyfriend and was very unhappy I mad missed the majority of the con. Then I met with all my "Otakon buddies" (this is what I called them in the dream--they were people I have never met before) and I was all set to cosplay and discovered that I didn't have my cosplay. So we somehow ended up in someone's attic (not mine...?) and were digging through all this junk (mind you I'd left my boyfriend and was with all these people that I don't know in reality but in the dream we were good buds) and we were looking for my costume. Suddenly I started thinking that my costume is downstairs in my house hanging in the laundry room...this is where it was in REAL LIFE. However, in the dream, I refused this and kept searching. Then there was a blank spot, and I somehow got to Otakon late on Sunday and was really mad that I had missed most of the con.

This is just one of the dreams. Haha, everytime I've had one I just keep saying to myself "MAN, I MUST REALLY WANT TO GO TO OTAKON THIS YEAR" :D

every con i dream i ever had i woke up with disappointment. it always feels so real, and when i wake up i realize it's nowhere near that time.

so i go back to sleep frustrated and sad :P

I had an otakon nightmare not too long ago...

I dreamt that it was friday morning - the day of the con - and I had nothing prepared. I wasn't packed, my cosplay wasn't done, I had no money, no hotel, and my job called and demanded that I work that day. I went to work pissed off and I sat there angry that all my friends were at the con and that I was missing the concert. The dream felt pretty realistic actually - which is why I consider it a nightmare.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm slightly embarrassed to admit that I dream about anime conventions on a regular basis. Like, every couple of weeks at least.

They always end the same, slightly amusing way: I start to wake up enough to remember that I didn't spend the previous week or two getting ready for a con, start freaking out over how I managed to actually SHOW UP before remembering this, realize it can't actually be happening, and wake up.

...I had a convention dream last night too. o___o And it was scary and full of disappointment...it started out where I went to Otakon and one of my friends showed up that I had no idea was coming...and then I asked her where the friend that was actually going to come with me was and she goes, "Oh, she's afraid of being made fun of, so she stayed home." so...I got all disappointed and sad...and then I guess it was a time skip or something cause I was all excited to get into the Masquerade and actually have something go right, when these people rush me into a car telling me we have to get to the nearest house with a basement cause all these tornadoes are hitting. xD And there were, like, ten tornadoes right in front of me...but the whole time, I was like, "Noooo! Masqueradeeee! D="

Needless to say, that convention was ruined.

OMG!!! I'm not the only one whose had those CON dreams!

I've had my fair share of them for the passed few weeks. Every time I get on this site to pre-register friends or just get on to look at updates, I always have one of those wierd slow motion dreams.

For example, last night I had a dream that my mom was taking me and a friend to baltimore and it felt like forever to get up there!!! Then when we finally got to the hotel we were staying at, they said we weren't booked! I nearly cried just thinking about that. And I also nearly cried because in the dream, we went to the convention center and they said that we didn't register and I was like... BAWWHHHH!!! TT^TT

But other dreams are basically my fantasy fanservicing <3 woot!

I have been dreaming about missing a bus. I guess thats my subconscience telling me to reserve my bus ticket to the airport. -.-

Other than that I have been sleeping rather well despite the overwhelming 150% humidity + 38 degree heat. :D

No more missing the bus dreams for me, but last night I dreamed I was being chased by a bunch or Godzilla cosplayers. -.- The setting looked like the shopping district in Kobe that I go to though... lol

Creepy dream. Maybe I am thinking about a few years back someone cosplayed as Godzilla and made a really awesome costume. I remember him dancing near the DJ tables that were set up near the Dealer's room Entrance.

Anyway, it was creepy. :D

Not sure if its con-related, or a fear of going to the dentist later in July, but has anyone else ever dreamed of your teeth falling out? :o

I did have a dream that my seat on my flight got double booked and I got moved to First class because they flight was full. :D Then when I got to my seat the person sitting next to me was Kitagawa Keiko. :D We talked about stuff and I found out she was going to Otakon! haha... Then I woke up. :D

Fear of flight problems + Otakon ftw :D

OMG yes. But mine are dreams where soemthing is lost and I'm looking for it and then I run out of time before finding it ;_;

i haven't had dreams about otakon (I think it's better that way) actuly I don't seem to Dream at all durring the nights while I am at Otakon.

I prefer not to dream about conventions. Daydream - ok X3;

• 2 weeks later...

A couple months before the con starts, I always have the same types of dreams. I always dream that Im in Baltimore but I forgot that it was otakon, so I miss like the first day, then I have to try to get into the bcc without my pass. *lol*

• 11 months later...

Had a dream a few years back where neither my mother or my stepfather could drive me to Otakon, so my best friend (who usually comes with me) and I had to take a "train." (It looked more like a mix between a trolley and a bus) So, we had to go on the train in costume but luckily, the trolley-bus-train-thing was empty besides this random sleeping hobo who did nothing the whole dream. My friend was scared to get on the "train" because of the hobo. (She's the adventurous one...) I told her that the hobo wasn't going to hurt us. The conductor, who was the bald grandfather type with big bifocals and a scruffy grey mustache, started a conversation.

Conductor: I see you're going to Otakon there.

Me: How did you know?

Conductor: I saw your costumes. They're good. (My costumes are cheap and kinda crappy!)

Me: Thank you.

This started a long conversation about anything from anime to Baltimore in general. In the end, the conduction said that every Otakon, there was good weather (FALSE!) It showered for a few seconds a couple of times and to the right of the convention center was a huge unmoving storm.

...And for some reason, the train was hovering some of the way....

I don't usually remember dreams but when I do, I remember the weirdest parts.

I once had a dream a few years ago that I arrived at the Baltimore Convention Center on Friday for Otakon and the building was deserted. No con, no people... just absolute peace and quiet. Its like the con just never existed. Now that was scary.

I had a weird con dream this afternoon:

It was the Thursday of pre reg pick up. I was up, packed, and ready to head out of the door, when my aunt told me that I needed to finish some chores before I could leave. I know that I had already cleaned the kitchen, bathroom, and straightened the rest of the house (don't want to come home to a messy place) so I asked what needed to be done. She guided me to the back yard and informed me that I needed to milk the cows and feed the horses - which I thought was odd since we live in the middle of Baltimore City - but I shrugged and began to toss hay to the horses. Suddenly a black and white horse (I mean like t.v. black and white, think Mr. Ed) told me that I was getting my cosplay dirty. I looked down and realized that I was in full cosplay and slowly getting covered in hay, chaff, and animal by products. Disgusted and trying to clean myself up, I rushed to milk the cows and hurried off to meet my ride, only to find out they'd left already, and I had to make my own way to the hotel.

Before I could call a cab, the black and white horse offered me a ride, but only if I would pay for his Otakon membership to which I agreed. So, I saddled up, strapped my suit case to his back and made my way down town. Everything was fine and I was waiting at a red light two blocks away from the BCC when a dog dressed as Vash the Stampede yelled at me that I was doing it wrong and the car full of clowns next to me agreed with him...

I woke up wondering what the hell was in my subconscious mind that made me dream that.... :)

I had a weird con dream this afternoon:

It was the Thursday of pre reg pick up. I was up, packed, and ready to head out of the door, when my aunt told me that I needed to finish some chores before I could leave. I know that I had already cleaned the kitchen, bathroom, and straightened the rest of the house (don't want to come home to a messy place) so I asked what needed to be done. She guided me to the back yard and informed me that I needed to milk the cows and feed the horses - which I thought was odd since we live in the middle of Baltimore City - but I shrugged and began to toss hay to the horses. Suddenly a black and white horse (I mean like t.v. black and white, think Mr. Ed) told me that I was getting my cosplay dirty. I looked down and realized that I was in full cosplay and slowly getting covered in hay, chaff, and animal by products. Disgusted and trying to clean myself up, I rushed to milk the cows and hurried off to meet my ride, only to find out they'd left already, and I had to make my own way to the hotel.

Before I could call a cab, the black and white horse offered me a ride, but only if I would pay for his Otakon membership to which I agreed. So, I saddled up, strapped my suit case to his back and made my way down town. Everything was fine and I was waiting at a red light two blocks away from the BCC when a dog dressed as Vash the Stampede yelled at me that I was doing it wrong and the car full of clowns next to me agreed with him...

I woke up wondering what the hell was in my subconscious mind that made me dream that.... :D

• 3 weeks later...

I've had those dreams quite a bit but they're not usually good - usually I'm at the pre reg line but forgot my ID or pre reg papers.

One time though I dreamed Otakon was being held at a school gym and people in cosplay were running laps.