Thursday Pre-reg line

I have tickets to the VAMPS concert Thursday, so I'll be bypassing Thursday pick-up for the first time ever. We plan to stroll over on Friday morning about 10ish in order to miss most of the line then.

I wonder if the concert will have a huge effect on the Thursday line? Like, everyone goes to the concert instead of waiting, so there's no one in line. hmm...

I doubt it. We processed just shy of 9000 (yes, nine thousand, it's not a typo) registrations last year on Thursday night; and as someone else mentioned, the concert venue seats 1000. On top of that, even if all 1000 people went to the concert instead of doing Thursday night reg, there are still potentially 14000 other people who could choose to pre-register and then pick up their stuff that night. :P Otakon has a lot of people, which results in Otakon also having a lot of lines. But they move quickly once they start moving, so have faith. :P

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my first Otakon so I am really looking forward to it! My friend and I are staying Thursday/Saturday and we preregistered. We are debating whether to get to Baltimore early and get our badges or chill out for a bit, and look around. I know some of the Otacupid singles are planning a meet-up on Thursday for the early birds so I'll get my badge before then!

I am quite intimidated by long times but from reading the posts here I don't think I got anything to worry about :D It seems the line moves surprisingly fast when the number of people are considered.

Well this is my 2nd year at otakon (last year was the most fun i've had, and i cant wait for this) and I registered online last year, but this year we're picking up a friend from NY then coming back on thursday, if we were to show up around 5/6 pm how long do you think the line would be??? Bout an hour or two?

I am quite intimidated by long times but from reading the posts here I don't think I got anything to worry about :) It seems the line moves surprisingly fast when the number of people are considered.
I am quite intimidated by long times but from reading the posts here I don't think I got anything to worry about :) It seems the line moves surprisingly fast when the number of people are considered.

the pre-reg line is insanely long. you'll probably do an anime-fall over when you see it. however it does move very quickly. Last year I got in line around 6pm and waited 30-45mins..... felt like 15mins because I was entertained by all the cosplays walking by - and by this shirtless guy swinging a glowstick around for no reason :)

how late can i pick up my badge? On Thursday that is. I still wanna get my badge on Thursday...but I also have tickets to the vamp concert @.@ super confused...it's my first time going to otakon so I don't know what to expect.

Edited by Tsukinoaki
how late can i pick up my badge? On Thursday that is. I still wanna get my badge on Thursday...but I also have tickets to the vamp concert @.@ super confused...it's my first time going to otakon so I don't know what to expect.

I've been going to Otakon since 04 but this year is the first time we'll be spending thursday night there. The plan is to pick up our badges thursday. I'll be prepared for a long wait outside.

Something for people to keep in mind is that while drinking too little water causes problems (dehydration can be fatal) drinking too much water also causes problems (Hyponatremia which is where you dilute the sodium from your body and it also can be fatal). I prefer to alternate between water and gatorade, last year I carried around beef jerkey which worked pretty well. Remember when you sweat water and salt leaves your body, you need to replace both the water and the salt somehow. And no the carbonated water in soda doesn't count.

Take it from me, a guy who dresses up as Ikkaku every year with double layer 8oz martial arts uniforms; you will sweat. Getting that salt back into your body is as important as getting water in.

Just take care of yourself.

Eeeh, I'm taking Amtrak up from Georgia and won't be in Baltimore until around 11:30 Friday morning. So I'll be missing the pre-reg line by default. *G*

ah, there will still be a line.

last year around that exact time the line was still scary. I know this 'cause my friend was in that line at 11am.

Eeeh, I'm taking Amtrak up from Georgia and won't be in Baltimore until around 11:30 Friday morning. So I'll be missing the pre-reg line by default. *G*

ah, there will still be a line.

last year around that exact time the line was still scary. I know this 'cause my friend was in that line at 11am.

Well, I actually meant the Thursday pre-reg line. I already figured that no matter when I arrived, there would be a line. *G*

But my plans have changed so I might actually be a day earlier than previously expected. \o/

Actually in the afternoon on Saturday and Sunday the registration lines tend to slow down quite a lot. To the point where sometimes people can just walk in and buy a badge without waiting.

I won't even be leaving Delaware until around 7 pm. And depending on how wussy I am at speeding, it could take me anywhere from an hour and a half to 2 hours or so to get there. I think I'll enjoy the nice mozzy of getting my badge in the evening.

I'll be there in plenty of time for pre-reg; the bus I plan on taking leaves Wednesday night and gets into Baltimore around 6AM Thursday morning. lol.

when shall thee sleep cause yout not gonna have much time the entire weekend?

I have never been on the thursday line before, but this year I have a hotel for thursday night in preparation.

So I guess I WILL be on this line.

I'll get there for the late morning or afternoon. I hope to have a good time in line. Bored Otaku do it best and all that. I know I'm usually up for anything and hate doing nothing.

If I DO end up on this Line o' Doom, I hope people will talk to me. >_<

Even though I will be with a group already, I love to meet new people.

Which is why I'm waiting an hour or two after it opens on Friday morning to get in line.

If last years line was any indication... that isn't going to save you. I swear I walked past, at like, 12, and the line was wrapped around the building, twice.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.