Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Duelistbluerose

Thursday Pre-reg line

I 'ride the line ride' thursday night every year. I'll be doing so by myself this year, probably. Everyone else I normally go with is coming later. I'll be packing my DS and a bottle of water :)

Oh, I haven't looked at the train schedule yet, but I would have no issues taking the Penn line up instead of the Camden line. The Penn line is powered, and there's a light rail stop right outside that station. Since it's powered, it gets there much faster. :D

Oh, I haven't looked at the train schedule yet, but I would have no issues taking the Penn line up instead of the Camden line. The Penn line is powered, and there's a light rail stop right outside that station. Since it's powered, it gets there much faster. :P

Ummmmmmm......... :(:)

If I am to read your words as you wrote them.......... you're saying the Camden Line trains are UNpowered.

I'm picturing a giant Flintstones-like, foot-powered rail cart...............

And having worked on the locomotives that used to POWER trains on the Camden Line, I'll correct you and say that what you probably meant was that the Penn Line trains are ELECTRICALLY propelled.

Actually, the difference in timing of the schedule has to do with the speed limits of the respective tracks. And for the time you save taking the Penn Line, you'll lose it taking the Light Rail from Penn Station to the BCC.

Oh boy....it will be interesting how I'll be in the pre-reg line before my work shift begins. Plus the first day of Otakon is also a PAYDAY for me!!! *squirms*

Well, for those of you in town on Thursday night, if you're looking for something cool to do AFTER grabbing your badge, me and a whole bunch of friends will be hitting up Super Art Fight at the Ottobar.

It's a whole bunch of artists (some from the alley) battling on like, this giant canvas thing. There's live music, a DJ, all sorts of fun stuff.

Looks pretty cool. Show's supposed to start at 9, which should be enough time. The website is www.superartfight.com.

I remember last year I got to Baltimore late so it was pretty dark out by the time I got there.

The worst part was getting back to the hotel.

We pretty much parked,got in,got out.

There was a big line but it went through pretty smoothly.

Side note,if you have never been in the Baltimore area get a GPS XD

I'll be there in line at 9:00 am.

ive been getting my badges every thursday since otakon 07'

YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT.

this year, my group decided to get dinner at hooters for everyone to get to know each other after we pick up badges...

not a bad idea =]

oh and on thursdays...the line moves incredibly fast...20-30minute wait. much better than a 3-5 hour wait friday morning. =]

Myself, I'm looking at perhaps getting there at 6p or even later on Thursday depending on the weather of course. I'm not sure if I've said this on this BBS yet but some of my old and new buddies were telling me last weekend they plan to be in line at 6am that day (Insane I say)!

ive been getting my badges every thursday since otakon 07'

YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT.

this year, my group decided to get dinner at hooters for everyone to get to know each other after we pick up badges...

not a bad idea =]

oh and on thursdays...the line moves incredibly fast...20-30minute wait. much better than a 3-5 hour wait friday morning. =]

Hm. I'd be getting there around 7 AM. I wonder if im at the front of the line, like last year.

I'll be coming back from Ocean City that morning, so I'll be in line around 5pmish!

I'll be coming back from Ocean City that morning, so I'll be in line around 5pmish!

It'd be funny if my group ended up right next to you guys. XD

If we are, you won't see me for very long. I have a habit of running around the line looking for my friends!

If we are, you won't see me for very long. I have a habit of running around the line looking for my friends!

Take out medication and add hotel key, cash, debit card, and D.S., and there's my list. X3 ... needless to say I bring three out of those four with me anyway, and the first is kinda a given. But regardless!

Oh, and concert tickets. Note to self. Don't forget the tickets for VAMPS, or I shall likely die a very painful demise.

That's okay. I have to find someone after pre-reg so I can give him the 3 2-liters of Cheerwine he asked for. That's if he comes in on Thursday. I'll have to tweet him and ask.

But I AM familar with this city because I live here!! :D

Anyway I hope I get the badges before my work shift starts (4:50pm) since I can walk a few blocks to work right from the convention center. Here is what I'll have on me, and I really hope any one of you start a convo with me or any ladies glomp me (I love being glomped!):

- PSP

- DSi

- My lunch bag

- Headphones since I listen to a talk radio porgram podcast on my PSP while I'm working (shocker!)

I'm bringing my nintendo ds, my cd's and my lunch next thursday, i'll actually be in line around 8:00am

But I AM familar with this city because I live here!! ;)

Anyway I hope I get the badges before my work shift starts (4:50pm) since I can walk a few blocks to work right from the convention center.

But I AM familar with this city because I live here!! ^_^

Anyway I hope I get the badges before my work shift starts (4:50pm) since I can walk a few blocks to work right from the convention center.

Not to be a wet blanket but badge pickup doesn't start Thursday night until 5:00 PM.

For reference:

http://www.otakon.com/vitals_hours.asp

I personally dont go for the extra hours in line on thursday, I just get finished with work for the day get off at 5, jump on the train and get in line by the time its moving. Thou staying after is usually dependent on who I run into or meet. I'm usually up for any thursday meetups.

I'm bringing a camel back (muh water), my hat (I'm bald), a folding chair, sun block, ID, and I'll probably have a pancho rolled up in my pocket. But I won't even be in town until 3ish, I may go visit the martial arts supply store I've heard about, Kyoto. It's a little too far to walk though, not sure if I'll drive there before parking or take a cab.

Yeah, I'm totally arriving arount 7-8pm because in the past the wait has been almost nonexistent by then.

Standing in line for a con can be fun sometimes, but it's much more enjoyable when it's a line INSIDE in the air conditioning. So I'll save my line standing minutes for one of those next weekend. :D

The Thursday line is the only line I stand in at the con. I don't go to the masquerade (or the concerts), and I usually just wait for the dealers/artists alley to be open for a while. So for me, being in the Thursday line is a nice little excursion. ^^

I go to the masquerade every year.

Yeah last year I got to talking to a couple who mentioned that they were cosplaying as Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask. I totally forgot about them until I was taking their picture and the Sailor Moon said "We were standing in line with you yesterday...remember?" Then it all came back to me.

This year I'm bringing a small tripod folding chair and my camel back so things should be really nice.

I have to work on Thursday but I get out early for a Chiropractor appt. so I hopefully should be in line @ around 7:30ish or so.

I'm 90% sure I'm going to be cosplaying as Jack on Thursday, unless the weather is 90+degrees. Which, I don't think it will be around 6:30 or 7, (here's hoping) so yes. I might bring my DS as it's always fun to pictochat with everyone at the con. I'll probably also have water, some sort of snick-snack, and a ton of excitement :D

I'm 90% sure I'm going to be cosplaying as Jack on Thursday, unless the weather is 90+degrees. Which, I don't think it will be around 6:30 or 7, (here's hoping) so yes. I might bring my DS as it's always fun to pictochat with everyone at the con. I'll probably also have water, some sort of snick-snack, and a ton of excitement :mellow:

I'm 90% sure I'm going to be cosplaying as Jack on Thursday, unless the weather is 90+degrees. Which, I don't think it will be around 6:30 or 7, (here's hoping) so yes. I might bring my DS as it's always fun to pictochat with everyone at the con. I'll probably also have water, some sort of snick-snack, and a ton of excitement <_<

Current Weather report suggests the temp will be 94 degrees on Thursday.

I SO strongly encourage people to bring lots of water..... and / or lots of $1 bills for the vendors that are sure to be trolling the lines.

Stay healthy so you can have fun all weekend!

C

Just have a question related to the pre-reg line...

I know somebody who's coming with a kid younger than 8 years old, and that kid is admitted free in the con with his parent's registration. Do they BOTH need to be in the pre-reg line in order to pick up their badges and stuff, or can the parent do it alone for both of them (while the kid is hanging with family)? Just wondering for that kid's sake. Especially with the weather and all.

Just have a question related to the pre-reg line...

I know somebody who's coming with a kid younger than 8 years old, and that kid is admitted free in the con with his parent's registration. Do they BOTH need to be in the pre-reg line in order to pick up their badges and stuff, or can the parent do it alone for both of them (while the kid is hanging with family)? Just wondering for that kid's sake. Especially with the weather and all.

The child will need to be there to receive a children's badge.

However, you don't need to bring the child along Thursday night, you can bring him/her up to get their badge at any time.

Although if you planned on getting in the Thursday night line around 8PM your wait should not be very long.

Current Weather report suggests the temp will be 94 degrees on Thursday.

Ahhh, but that is during the day yes? The night will be cooler. I hope. BOO WEATHER.

With a decent chance for rain/storms on Thursday morning/early-afternoon as a "cold" front passes from North to South.

Hmmm...I should be getting into Bmore around 1~2 on Thursday, but not sure when I'll actually hit the line. I need to see how early my hotel will actually let me check in. In any case, I'll be bringing plenty of G2 :D.

I haven't stood in line for this one yet but in the past (attending Fanime Con in SJ, CA) it has been a blast. Though through those years I had always had my friends with me. This year I am on my own. While I do intend on meeting lots of new friends I am also preparing for the fact of long waits. Thus I have loaded my iPod with Anime. Lots and lots of anime to be watched while I wait.

Still when ever I go to an event, such as this, one always has to bring a camera. You do never never never know what you will run into at a con.

I might bring my DS as it's always fun to pictochat with everyone at the con. I'll probably also have water, some sort of snick-snack, and a ton of excitement :D

Yeah it'd be nice if there was a way for a popup to appear when playing a game that someone is in a pictochat.

True, haha. Although whenever I see people playing DSes, I wish I could just interrupt their game with a message. "PLAY ME IN TETRIS!"

True, haha. Although whenever I see people playing DSes, I wish I could just interrupt their game with a message. "PLAY ME IN TETRIS!"

By the way we must battle again to see who truly is the tetris champion, we never found a winner last time and I've been practicing ^_^