Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ashurii

Lolita Tea Party?

Are there any official (or unofficial) tea parties being held at Otakon? I know they've become a staple at many other conventions around the U.S. and thought I'd inquire.

I'd really like to get in touch with the host(s)/hostess(es) of the Tea Party if possible. I tried contacting them through Otakon, but I haven't heard a response from (from either party) yet and time is running out!

Thanks!

I'd really like to get in touch with the host(s)/hostess(es) of the Tea Party if possible. I tried contacting them through Otakon, but I haven't heard a response from (from either party) yet and time is running out!

Thanks!

The Lolita tea party that happens every year at Otakon is not an official event; that is, the staff does not plan it as a part of programming. So trying to contact the staff about it won't be effective. However, the girl who runs the tea party at Otakon reads the BBS pretty frequently, so you should hear from her in a little while here.

Hi there! I do indeed read the BBS frequently (perhaps more frequently than I ought, haha), but this really isn't the best place to reach me RE: lolita events as I do prefer to (try to) keep that stuff to the lolita LiveJournal communities.

As far as I know, mine is the only tea party being held this year; there are usually a few other events of a similar title being held by other groups (I think Cosplay Oneesan has held one before, and I'm pretty sure there've been other events on the terrace by cosplay groups?), but there's been no word in the lolita community, and with the terrace being closed there's less space for the inevitable large crowd. BCC food regulations have also put a damper on those events, since bringing outside food is verboten. It's very much not an official con event, and considering the nature of the con's deal with Aramark, it's unlikely to ever become one.

My event is held annually at Teavolve, a wonderful little tearoom over in Harbor East--we take over most of the shop and enjoy a light meal, chatter, and gossip; it's a great way to catch up with people you don't see often or make new friends. It's RSVP and has a strict guest limit. The event also requires pre-payment (since we're dealing with a restaurant and a truly massive group), the period for which is just about over. There's a bit of room, but I've got to go over the waiting list to see exactly how much before I can accept new guests (a word of warning, though--there's an unspoken dress code; most of the guests are very experienced in the fashion and tend to dress to impress).

Other than that, how can I help you?