Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KSweeley

New places to eat for Otakon 2009.

There's two new places for Otakon 2009 attendees and Otakon staff can eat at. I was in the downtown/Inner Harbor area Monday night (June 15) to meet up with a MySpace friend who is also an Otakon attendee at the Convention Center light rail stop, I got there a little bit early and saw directly from the Convention Center light rail stop the signature green awning and the Subway logo on the awning so I crossed over Pratt Street at Pratt and Howard to check it out and it had a sign that read "Just Opened!" While walking around, me and my friend walked over the skywalk leading to Harborplace from the BCC and I noticed that a steakhouse restaurant has also opened on Light Street near the Hyatt hotel.

The (not real time) picture on Google Street View shows a Subway awning at that location with "OPENING SOON" signs in the windows. (I'm guessing that's the one you're talking about.) It's right next to the California Tortilla.

The (not real time) picture on Google Street View shows a Subway awning at that location with "OPENING SOON" signs in the windows. (I'm guessing that's the one you're talking about.) It's right next to the California Tortilla.

Yep, that's the one!!!

will artscape have food vendors? if so, that's another option

According to the Artscape 2009 map, there will be 4 food courts: http://www.artscape.org/uploads/Image/09ASmap_large.jpg

Locations:

1. Mount Royal Avenue, near the main building of MICA.

2. Cathedral Street, near the Myerhoff parking garage.

3. Intersection of Mount Royal Avenue and Charles Street.

4. Charles Street, near the Charles theater.

I think the steak house you mentioned is Sullivans. I seriously love them, and right now they're having a deal. Two 3 course meals for $69. Pricey but yummy.

There is also another new Subway where the McDonalds use to be across from the Renaissance Hotel. I'm not sure if anyone mentioned that one yet.

I think the steak house you mentioned is Sullivans. I seriously love them, and right now they're having a deal. Two 3 course meals for $69. Pricey but yummy.

There is also another new Subway where the McDonalds use to be across from the Renaissance Hotel. I'm not sure if anyone mentioned that one yet.

Yep, that's the name! Sullivan's Steakhouse on Light Street. Wow!!!! ^_^ There's a lot of Subways popping up in downtown Baltimore... Who wants to bet that the closest Subway at Howard and Pratt will be packed with Otakon attendees and sell out of everything this year?

Man last year I had a hot dog at Artscape and it was delicious. Mmm...fond memories.

Artscape food is always yummy. Chicken teriyaki and fried cheesecake (it tastes better then it sounds) are my faves.

The light rail this year is going to be jam packed with people from the con and the festival. Its going to be very interesting.

whats artscape? If its good food i wanna go, I had a hard time navagating the city at the last two otakons i went to.)

subway sounds like a nice place to eat, but i never know whats good, theres one in the wallmart down here, and it always smells like pizza! what food do they make that smells like pizza!?O.O *drools* i loves pizza! and not that greek pizza i had last time, yech!

There's a lot of Subways popping up in downtown Baltimore... Who wants to bet that the closest Subway at Howard and Pratt will be packed with Otakon attendees and sell out of everything this year?

Does the map in the program still mention the Taco Bell that closed in 2005? Somehow we still walk over there at least once every year and not remember until we see the sign dated November, 2005 saying they are closed. :)

Whoah, I totally didn't put it together in my head that Otakon and Artscape are happening the same weekend. That's pretty sweet since I go to MICA and I'll be staying in my apartment right nearby for the con. There should be plenty of good food options this year. :)

whats artscape? If its good food i wanna go, I had a hard time navagating the city at the last two otakons i went to.)

Does anyone know if the sandwich shop/chinese food buffet thing that's on the second floor of the building that has burger king and bank of america in it is still there?

I feel like I tried to go there last Otakon (the food is yummy) and they were closed on Friday afternoon. I couldn't think that they had run out of food already.

Anyone know?

I think you're referring to Cafe !00.... Last time I was downtown it was still there but with the business turnover in Baltimore I dunno... <_<

Does anyone know if the sandwich shop/chinese food buffet thing that's on the second floor of the building that has burger king and bank of america in it is still there?

I feel like I tried to go there last Otakon (the food is yummy) and they were closed on Friday afternoon. I couldn't think that they had run out of food already.

Anyone know?

That's Cafe 100 and yes it's still open, went in it to check it out on Monday (June 15).

Does the map in the program still mention the Taco Bell that closed in 2005? Somehow we still walk over there at least once every year and not remember until we see the sign dated November, 2005 saying they are closed. <_<

Anyone know?

That's Cafe 100 and yes it's still open, went in it to check it out on Monday (June 15).

Anyone know?

Anyone know?

O__O I LOVE BURGER KING! is that the closest one? i never even knew there was one close to the harbor, i only knew of the McDonalds. Is there like a map to get there?

Unfortunately Burger King is no longer in that location. It closed I think two years ago. ;_; The closest Burger King to the Inner Harbor is on Charles and Fayette street.

This is good since Subway is the only way I can stay fed off of five bucks for the entire day. :3

Predict they run out of bread by Sat!!

Anyone know?

O__O I LOVE BURGER KING! is that the closest one? i never even knew there was one close to the harbor, i only knew of the McDonalds. Is there like a map to get there?

aww mand bummer, how far is that? >.< im so bad with directions lol. can u take lightrail?

Just put "Charles at Fayette Baltimore, MD" into Google Maps. It's not far at all, maybe five blocks.

aww mand bummer, how far is that? >.< im so bad with directions lol. can u take lightrail?

It's about five blocks up from the convention center, if you go to street view it's the green fronted building on the right hand side.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Burger%20Kin...l=en&tab=wl

This is good since Subway is the only way I can stay fed off of five bucks for the entire day. :3

Predict they run out of bread by Sat!!

Thanks about the update on Cafe 100 :D

Anyone else indulge in the hot dog stands that always stratigically place themselves outside the convention center during the con? I've always wanted to, but always forget. And they're cheap. And delishus. Ohhh, hot dog vendors.

Anyone else indulge in the hot dog stands that always stratigically place themselves outside the convention center during the con? I've always wanted to, but always forget. And they're cheap. And delishus. Ohhh, hot dog vendors.

There probably won't be any hot dog/burger/pit beef vendors this year, as the Orioles are out of town (in Chicago, against the White Sox) during the con.

There probably won't be any hot dog/burger/pit beef vendors this year, as the Orioles are out of town (in Chicago, against the White Sox) during the con.

I rather enjoy the ice cream truck that always seems to stay parked out front. The first time I saw that I laughed so hard...and thought my god this is the most brilliant ice cream man in the world. Last year it was there at like 1 in the morning too and was like a blessing from heaven. I got a Sonic shaped ice cream for the walk back to my hotel!

Sunday morning last year, after an exhausting Saturday night, I got up late and didn't have time to eat breakfast. I had to run over to the stadium to pick up tickets (JAM Project were going to the game that afternoon). On the way back, i got a fantastic half smoke and it was probably the best sausage I'd ever had.

Thanks about the update on Cafe 100 :)

Sunday morning last year, after an exhausting Saturday night, I got up late and didn't have time to eat breakfast. I had to run over to the stadium to pick up tickets (JAM Project were going to the game that afternoon). On the way back, i got a fantastic half smoke and it was probably the best sausage I'd ever had.

I rather enjoy the ice cream truck that always seems to stay parked out front. The first time I saw that I laughed so hard...and thought my god this is the most brilliant ice cream man in the world. Last year it was there at like 1 in the morning too and was like a blessing from heaven. I got a Sonic shaped ice cream for the walk back to my hotel!

Does the map in the program still mention the Taco Bell that closed in 2005? Somehow we still walk over there at least once every year and not remember until we see the sign dated November, 2005 saying they are closed. :(

The one thing I hate is that a lot of places, aside from those in like Harborplace close ridiculously early. The McDonalds near my hotel last year closed at like, 7.

The one thing I hate is that a lot of places, aside from those in like Harborplace close ridiculously early. The McDonalds near my hotel last year closed at like, 7.

YAY! It finally opened!

Subway is even BETTER than Taco Bell!

^___^

5 dollar foot long! oh yeah!

Ah... I can't wait to see the store initiated in the way of 'The Flood' O_O

I would feel sorry if I didn't find their reactions amusing. I still find it amusing. gods I'm immature, it keeps my skin nice.

I hope this year they are able to update the map a bit. :3

I also hope that they warn that poor Subway of whats coming, so they can get prepared.

I <3 5 dollar footlongs.

I also hope that they warn that poor Subway of whats coming, so they can get prepared.

I <3 5 dollar footlongs.

I <3 5 dollar footlongs.

otakon should hang a banner up saying, "we're coming: July 17th-19th".

that'll let the local businesses know that they should stock up on food.

Oooh, Subway! Cool beans. I like Subway. Not sure if I'll be able to actually eat there due to the crowds, but good to know!

The customer service person in me always shudders at the idea of working in a restaurant in the Inner Harbor. I just can't even begin to imagine the stress. I wonder if they have a high turn over rate.

I also hope the new Subway is preprared. It's location and hopefully long hours will make eating for the weekend very very cheap. Cheap is a con-goer's favorite word, I think :blink:

C

I may be eating at Cal Tor down there a lot...I love Cal Tor... :blink:

I'm actually excited to see how many places run out of food!