Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BioProject

One Month Till Otakon 2009 O_O

Ok People. It is June 17th 2009, meaning that Otakon is exactly one month away. Time is going by faster than we expected and I know that most, if not everyone is rushing to do some last minute things before the big weekend. I myself am trying to get a decent amount of spending cash and trying to grow my hair out a little bit longer so it will look just right for the person I'm cosplaying as (Hisagi).

What are you guys doing to get ready?

MONEY. Goodness, money...I just went on a trip to Florida and while I was there, I accidentally spent about $200 over my Florida budget without realizing it. xD So I'm living off of microwave ramen for the next few weeks until Otakon...plus, my cosplay isn't done...but it's just one last small article of clothing...gaaah. @__@ Seems like yesterday it was 6 months away and I had all the time in the world.

Money here as well. I've got it figured that I shouldn't have too much trouble with spending cash since I'm not really looking for anything specific to buy this year, but who knows what treasures the Dealer's Room will have. Right now my spending money budget is about $200, which is a pretty reasonable amount based on what I've spent in the past. I figure I'll put in a few extra hours at work here and there for the next month and maybe I can double it.

Definately saving up monies for otakon @_@ I want to make sure that I'll have enough to buy lots of figures and anime and manga and hentai and wallappers and art and lolita outfits -_----- anyways yea mostly that ^^;; Don'tthink I'll be spending it all though but hey you gotta save up for food and stuff not at the con but ya know around ^^; ::ish excited about Kanon Wakeshima: O____O;;; OMFG ONLY 1 MORE MONTH W007!!!! :D

Money must be a big thing...xD Sadly...I only have about $60 to spend at Otakon...enough for maybe a jrock CD and that's about it...sigh...maybe I can make friends and sucker them into buying stuff for me. =D Muahahahaha!

I mean...uh...you guys never heard that. >___>;;

sleep, stocking up on it!! -_-

Haha, this. I don't spend much, but I def. don't get enough sleep during the con. I'm also in the final planning stages of my tea party, so there's all that to be considered--it takes a lot of planning to completely fill a restaurant with frills!

Not sure if I will start this month or wait until July, but need to bank up some overtime for taking Thursday off/super-short.

Money is what I've mostly saving up now. I've been selling more stuff on eBay thankfully, so that should cover both my tattoo and Otakon expenses!

Money isn't so much a problem for me but budgetting is.

I'm trying to figure out how much money I need, and then also attempting to figure out how to pay the bills while I'm home for the summer. Luckily my first cell phone contract is finishing in August. Although I have been totally tempted to buy an iPhone 3G. Well... a plan that gets me one for free. -_-

So many nice things I want to buy vs saving for my vacation. -.-

Thus... I am budgeting. >.<

- Finishing up guest announcements and logistics

- prepping guest schedules

- coordinating with travel agent on guest travel

- Working out dinners, parties, and so forth for our guests

- Figuring out what to do about sudden changes in my interpreters' availability

- Checking in with Industry on various things

- Making sure Press has what they need

- Keeping my staff's morale up

- buying supplies, guest welcome gifts, etc.

- checking my section of the program and pocket guides

- preparing for Anime Expo trip (setting up meetings, etc.)

I'm also about to pack up my entire kitchen for a remodel, which i *hope* will be done by Otakon (I promised a certain guest that I'd show off my new kitchen)

Planning something for my parents' 40th anniversary

that excludes my actual paid job, which is also in crazy high gear.

- Finishing up guest announcements and logistics

- prepping guest schedules

- coordinating with travel agent on guest travel

- Working out dinners, parties, and so forth for our guests

- Figuring out what to do about sudden changes in my interpreters' availability

- Checking in with Industry on various things

- Making sure Press has what they need

- Keeping my staff's morale up

- buying supplies, guest welcome gifts, etc.

- checking my section of the program and pocket guides

- preparing for Anime Expo trip (setting up meetings, etc.)

I'm also about to pack up my entire kitchen for a remodel, which i *hope* will be done by Otakon (I promised a certain guest that I'd show off my new kitchen)

that excludes my actual paid job, which is also in crazy high gear.

The Alley is eating my soul. Actually, answering emails for The Alley is what's really eating my soul...the table assignments and payment processing isn't all that bad.

Getting together money, mostly. I just got transportation for my lady and I done and out of the way, and just got checks from the rest of my roommates. All that's left is to pray that my work schedule stays at 35+ hours, pile up the cash, try not to spend anymore money, and wait out the month.

ugh... 29 days....

Its gonna be tight for me. $398 plus tax for the 2 nights at the hilton (thank goodness I was able to get 2 guys to crash with me for $90 each)

then I got $338 for my car payment that goes out the day before the con (I got some odd timing sometimes good other times bad)

and after all that will dictate how much I can spend if anything if the dealers room and for food...

* Working five hours overtime every week for extra $ (45hrs/week sucks)

* budgeting out bills and only spending on what I absolutely need to

* thinking about what I am going to wear/buy at the con

* planning side trip to Aquarium on Thursday before badge pick-up

* still house shopping and ready to get out of the apartment in September! :D (Stressful...)

Current saved money $450, which is not too bad if hubby can save the same (and he makes over 2 x what I make...)

I'm pretty much just working out the money, though I'm in much better shape this year than in years past :D.

Working like crazy to get my stuff ready for AA....

To do:

- Get hamster plushies done (almost there)

- Make purrito plushies (hope to start this weekend)

- Make tote bags

Money is the thing I'm worried about. I accidentally spent more than I meant to last month, and now work has suddenly cut my hours, so it won't be as easy to save up. :( Luckily I'm going with my mom, and she said I didn't need to worry about paying her back for the room right away. I also am stressed out helping plan my friends bridal shower which is the sunday of the convention due to the other bridesmaids not being available any other day. So I'm going to have to leave the con early, which really sucks and was an unexpected wrench thrown into the mix. I was actually looking forward to the sunday concerts this year. :D For reference, I don't live in baltimore, so I have to rush back to Philadelphia for the shower sunday afternoon. At least I can stay til about noon on sunday before I drive home.

Let's see...

Worrying about money

Finishing my cosplay stuff

Freaking out about money

Finalizing my travel plans

Seriously panicking about money

Double checking my hotel arrangements

Planning daring robberies at several major banks in order to GET SOME FREAKING MONEY TOGETHER

I'm not worrying about money about this point. I'm just waiting for convention to happen.

Just last week my brother and I successfully pulled off a surprise anniversary party for my parents with 30 people.

In this next month I have to plan for Anime Expo, answer mounds of panicky pre-registration questions, finish programming something for Gofer Ops (heh heh it'll be ready, Clint!), and wonder if I can still go to San Diego Comic-Con.

Which of course all the travel that I have to do is insanity since I'm from Toronto in Canada - good thing I got my new passport yesterday!

Oh yeah, and also keep a nuclear plant from blowing up - my full time job is Homer Simpson. Now what does this big shiny red button do.... d'oh!

Live everyone else, worrying about money.

After that, packing, and trying not to bounce off the walls like a pinball for about four weeks. XD

Training for the tournaments, getting money all settled and more training for the tournaments.

Money, clothes and makeup. I'm not really going to be "cosplaying" this year, but I will be dressing up. My birthday is one week before otakon, so im hoping to get some stuff then :3

I NEEDS TO FINISH MAH SHOES FOR MAH COSPLAY. Normally, I would just buy them on ebay, but they mostly cost like $80 on there... for only the shoes.... O__O;;

I'm cosplaying as Soul from Soul Eater, by the way ^^;;

- Finishing up my cosplays: still need to finish Zoey's hoodie, monocle, vest and gloves (for Walter)

- Making sure my funds are in order

- Making checklists: what I need to pack/ what I need to buy before con/DR list

- Waiting to hear about gofer status this year (I'm patient :D)

- Doing character research (aka watching/playing lots of Left 4 Dead, watching Hellsing)

- Planning to go back to finish teacher certification in the fall ;_; *worry worry worry*

I NEEDS TO FINISH MAH SHOES FOR MAH COSPLAY. Normally, I would just buy them on ebay, but they mostly cost like $80 on there... for only the shoes.... O__O;;

I'm cosplaying as Soul from Soul Eater, by the way ^^;;

It is mostly money at this point and smaller arrangements that need to be made (such as confirming an early leave on Thursday night from work to Make Gofer Orientation). With all of the announcements of the past couple of weeks, it is starting to get me excited for Otakon and all of major convention season ahead.

Well, I'm trying to take things easy, but I'm almost all set on my end with where to go and whatnot. Money isn't an issue right now, nor is food. What I am proposing though on another BBS is a meetup breakfast which would be either on Friday or Saturday morn, before the halls and guest panels open up. That seems to be getting plenty of support, I must say. As for what to wear, well i'll keep that under wraps for now.

Money gathering, obviously, but mostly concerned with the convention schedule. Since I'm a lone-wolf congoer, I make a rough schedule of what to do the second I set eyes on the schedule and hope that it doesn't get tossed upside down (a joggled schedule is something I manage). Then there's also my friends going to the con (my Japanese language friends and my one bud from high school). Gotta fit them into the schedule too.

So between now and until Thursday when I head down to pick up pre-reg stuff, I'll be picking up more hours at my job and working out everyday to get into convention-shape. I'm one of those congoers who gets there early and leaves late with two water bottles and enough money to grab a bite every few hours each day. Sleep is no problem since I'm already used to functioning off of five to six hours of sleep (thank you college).

Ahahah, I'm all done over here XD

Just waiting for that special day that I step off the plane! Wooo, getting dizzy!

crap.

I am not even half way done my cosplay - nor am I done the cosplay prop that Im making for a friend >_<

Start looking for Otakon adverts on TV over the next few weeks.....I just faxed off the order, and the video arrived at Comcast yesterday!

Start looking for Otakon adverts on TV over the next few weeks.....I just faxed off the order, and the video arrived at Comcast yesterday!

Shame I won't see 'em down MY way. Any chance of getting them on YouTube or something?

Probably a little closer to con.

And you just might. We're hitting Philly, Baltimore, and DC/Nothern VA on Comcast. We're on CN, Adult Swim, Nick, and Scifi Anime Night. between now and Otakon.

I SHOULD be able to get some spots on Funimation Channel, too, which would be nationwide.

Sigh...I need about 10 more hours per day....

Shame I won't see 'em down MY way. Any chance of getting them on YouTube or something?

My wig came for my Aeon cosplay...It's all wrong!!!

I need to sned off for another one now DX

YaY! Im in near harrisburg so ill get the ad from philly!

Money is my issue as well.

Cant cosplay cause that cost money that i dont have.

Working for the money i dont have currently

Saving for camping trip to knobels hoping my mother pays for a majority of it.

Saving for my half of the hotel

As well as my dealers wishlist.

The month is gonna go by fast...

eep!! i need to finish my arm and leg warmers for my cosplay Dx

and i need to fix the shirt a lil, it's about 2 or 3 inches too big ;w; ugh!

when in the world did we have less than a month left?

i could've sworn we still had a month and a half left T____T...

the money issue i'm pretty secure with

i'm working alot of extra days lately [i love my boss!] so i'm stocking up some spending money

yayyy :(

- Attempting to not go crazy from not seeing my boyfriend for a month

- Finishing up all the preparations for the Freedom of Fashion : The American Lolita panel (be there people!)

- Getting prize basket for the panel all set up !

- Getting outfits ready

- Saving up Money

and thats about it ;;^^

Seriously considering canceling that evening's class. Duty tells me to have the class, as it is a summer mini-session, and axing a day is like getting rid of a week. But the rest of me says cancel it, get my badge, and hang with friends that I don't see very often. Hrm...

* Saving money. Spending the entire weekend more or less in the Dealer's Room and NOT having spending money? Cheap and masochistic on my part. Not this year!!!

* Reverting to eating fruits and veggies to build up energy. I figure this way I can excuse five days of not so healthy eating.

* Keeping track of relevant info on boards, as well, usual.

* Plotting wardrobe. Oh yes.

*Stocking up on sleep.