Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BioProject

One Month Till Otakon 2009 O_O

SO MUCH TO DO

1.) Go on a trip this weekend and not spend any money (HA)

2.) Actually make progress on my cosplay

3.) Repair other cosplay

4.) Panic

5.) Figure out my ride downtown/schedule for Thursday

6.) Begin stocking up on food items for the weekend

7.) And somehow aquire more money

Pssht, that's all possible.

...right?

Start looking for Otakon adverts on TV over the next few weeks.....I just faxed off the order, and the video arrived at Comcast yesterday!

Shame I won't see 'em down MY way. Any chance of getting them on YouTube or something?

Probably a little closer to con.

And you just might. We're hitting Philly, Baltimore, and DC/Nothern VA on Comcast. We're on CN, Adult Swim, Nick, and Scifi Anime Night. between now and Otakon.

I SHOULD be able to get some spots on Funimation Channel, too, which would be nationwide.

Sigh...I need about 10 more hours per day....

They are new, and feature a little bit of the footage of our mascots racing toward the BCC.

Times will GENERALLY be:

Fri Sat Sun - 10pm - midnight Cartoon Network

Friday night primetime - Nick

Monday anime block - SciFi Channel (i refuse to call it by its stupid new name)

Sprinkling throughout the week anytime anime is showing

Screaming "OTAKON!!!!" every time I remember about Otakon.

I already forgot that I have to remake my shirt for Otakon... crap...! The only other thing I really have to do is request off of work, whee!

Fun fact: It is 00:10 here and I'm too excited to sleep. AND there's still 24 days until pre-reg...

wonderful.

...speaking of pre-reg....I just remembered that there's a member in my family that still hasn't gotten her pre-reg ticket yet. O___O Crapsicles...I need to do that very soon...

...speaking of pre-reg....I just remembered that there's a member in my family that still hasn't gotten her pre-reg ticket yet. O___O Crapsicles...I need to do that very soon...

Fun fact: It is 00:10 here and I'm too excited to sleep. AND there's still 24 days until pre-reg...

wonderful.

I can't believe it's so close.

D;

I might have to make my sword out of foam at this point, or even just forget the sword and only bring knitted stuffed animals. Those I already have at least. ^__^

ano..... IceCream.... didn't the deadline pass several days ago...? -________-;; I thought it ended on the 17th.... .________. ;;

wow. I went out of my way going crazy about getting it in my June 17th for nothing.

but I could have sworn it was written....

I hope I didn't dream it. I've done such things before though. -_________________________________-

ah! your method of counting down would probably be really useful. I should try that! or maybe I should get a calendar which I'll be forced to look at. In someplace obvious.

D;

I might have to make my sword out of foam at this point, or even just forget the sword and only bring knitted stuffed animals. Those I already have at least. ^__^

ano..... IceCream.... didn't the deadline pass several days ago...? -________-;; I thought it ended on the 17th.... .________. ;;

wow. I went out of my way going crazy about getting it in my June 17th for nothing.

I hope I didn't dream it. I've done such things before though. -_________________________________-

The prereg price ended on the 17th, but I think you can still "prereg" until closer to the con, at the at door price though.

Not....ready....

And I'm trying not to think about it, 'cause I'm supposed to be thinking about orientation and my audition next week. Instead, I'm more flustered about my costumes arriving on time and locating a decent prop gun for Kuze!!

The prereg price ended on the 17th, but I think you can still "prereg" until closer to the con, at the at door price though.

LOL HIVEMIND XD

Sorry, I couldn't resist. ^^;

Back on-topic: Ooh, 22 days and hours for me until I head up Baltimore way! XD

LOL HIVEMIND XD

Sorry, I couldn't resist. ^^;

Back on-topic: Ooh, 22 days and hours for me until I head up Baltimore way! XD

D;

I think you can still pre-reg past the cut-off date, but you'll have to pay the at-door price. Or so the registration info says.

D;

I think you can still pre-reg past the cut-off date, but you'll have to pay the at-door price. Or so the registration info says.

argh, i still need to finish up my arm and leg warmers, and fix my shirt!

i also need to hem that skirt of mine :\

Heh, I'm considering doing a dry run in the morning so I know the earliest I can get to the Conv. Ctr, especially on the weekend, because that could eat into the Otafund a bit, but it's not a big concern right now. Other than that, I'm moving forward with plans for a meetup breakfast with some friends from another popular BBS...but I need the schedule so I could better have an idea on what day to have it (A few things are already up on the Members Only section).

I've got my budget made, plane tickets booked, and con registration in. I'm ready to roll!

I've been putting in a few extra hours here and there at work, so the two checks I'm getting between now and the 17th should be larger than usual. All that's left for me to do is buy my tickets for the VAMPS concert on Thursday.

Right now I'm doing a lot of mental preparation so I don't end up like 2007 where I found myself in Wal-Mart at 9pm the night before I left for the con looking for luggage. I think that year I also completely forgot to pack socks. Last year I forgot a toothbrush.

So right now I'm just making mental checklists of everything I'll pack.

Funny thing, I'm still panicking despite having everything ready. I got so worried that I began booking tickets and packing this past weekend. I did run into a small problem that I couldn't find my favorite shirt. I looked for it and eventually found it my spare bag. Along with my tickets and ID.

The left hand and the right hand...

22 days? Wow!

Here's my list:

- Adjusting my sleep schedule to accomodate my too-early Thurs flight

- Completing 1-2 more cosplays

- Trying not to spend a dime

- Making a pack-list (probably start packing in a week)

- Working out!!!

- Mentally preparing myself for planes

I'm actually calmer now than I was a month ago, but I'm still flipping out. I find that generally I don't spend too much in the Dealer's Room (it'll just sit there) but I'm really hoping I'll have enough cash for other little stuff.

Yet to do:

- Beat and/or get as many Achievements(depending on system) as possible in certain games so I can sell them

- Gather other stuff to sell

- Get even more extra money

- Pay bills/rent X_X

- Finish getting any con food(including three 2-liters of Cheerwine an online friend asked for).

- Get stuff for the cosplay that I still haven't decided if I want to do yet or not

- Pack

- Get through the next three weeks without screaming or going crazy in anticipation

Three weeks... three weeks...

I'm late but...you can prereg at the at-door rate until July 1st...so yeah. xD

I've been up in the gym, just workin' on mah fitness. =D

Well, actually. I just bought a Wii Fit yesterday...so hopefully, by Otakon, I'll have a decent amount of stamina to walk around Otakon without sweating in my cosplay. xD

And, to Thyme, I can't freakin' imagine riding on an airplane from England all the way to Maryland. @_____@ I took a trip to Florida last week...which was only a two hour plane ride and I had a panic attack from all the turbulence and stuff...I really, really wanted to get off about 30 minutes before we got there...

That's pretty awesome to think that Otakon is popular enough to suck in people from out of the country XD The farthest I've traveled to go to a con is Canada, but that isn't that far.

I've been working out for the last month or so. You should check out hundredpushups.com, it's pretty cool. I'm doing that and push ups and running; pretty time consuming.

And, to Thyme, I can't freakin' imagine riding on an airplane from England all the way to Maryland. @_____@ I took a trip to Florida last week...which was only a two hour plane ride and I had a panic attack from all the turbulence and stuff...I really, really wanted to get off about 30 minutes before we got there...

Fun fact: The plane trip is 8 hours. But I arrive 4 hours after I leave...*Mind implodes*

...maybe you're just traveling super, super fast and the plane trip is actually four hours, but it's going so fast, it feels like 8 hours.

Then again, that wouldn't make sense because if it was going faster...the trip would be...shorter...I don't know.

I can't do push-ups. At all...that's one of the things that's on the Wii Fit...and I tried doing one and I was like, "I QUIT NO MORE." So I got off the balance board thing...and the TV is all, "Hey! Your muscles won't tone themselves!" and I'm just like "I don't careeee! T___T"

Yeah Wii Fit always was an ignorant piece of technology. I don't see IT doing any exercise!

Anyway, got my shoes for Aeon today, so all I need now is to add some silver stuff. Still need to:

- convert my last batch of

[x] Deliver commercials -- Commercials should start this weekend. Funimation Channel gets theirs tomorrow and Comcast already has theirs.

[x] Finalize travel for remaining J-guests. Will lock that today.

[ ] call Toshi

[ ] touch base with translation team, mural painter, etc.

[ ] follow up on parking passes

[ ] get a copy of our catering orders

[ ] figure out how to accommodate guests who are vegan (+5 difficulty)

[ ] finalize hotel list

[ ] finalize arrival/departure list

[ ] sort out logistics for drivers and interpreters

[ ] get finalized press list

[ ] get finalized industry list

[ ] finalize industry reception

[ ] write section chief report

[ ] nag Lee about giveaways for Expo

[ ] buy new mid-size luggage for Expo trip

[ ] touch base with Sakura-con & ANN about Anime Expo stuff

[ ] make appointments for Expo meetings

[ ] make final guest announcements

[ ] get a dang photo of Kikuko Inoue that I was owed days ago

[ ] prep t-shirt order for guest gifts

On the bright side my kitchen remodel is going along pretty well!

146 hours left for me to work on stuff for Artist's Alley, starting at 6PM today! That's not including sleeping hours, eating, or working my full-time job. Sometimes this "paying the mortgage" crap stinks. Need more time for crafting... @_@

Wow it just dawned on me that I have 21 more days or less to prepare for otakon! ::runs around:: waaaaaah! :D

I just had a fun new step added to my prep list: find a new ride now that my friend I WAS going with has to work all that week! :D

Wow it just dawned on me that I have 21 more days or less to prepare for otakon! ::runs around:: waaaaaah! :D

I actually went out and bought a new camera for the con! I now have a Canon Rebel XSI. Didn't even think I was getting one, but now I have 20 some odd days to learn how to use it.

I'm using the same camera I had last year...only last year, it was my mom's camera. This year, it's my camera. =D It's a Coolpix camera thingy...I was at a party and I was using it and one girl pointed out that I was using that 'Austin Kutcher camera'. xD

I still have all the pictures from last year's Otakon on it...I think I shall keep them on there...

Ooh, that's another thing to add to the list: charge camera batteries. Although I prolly need to charge only one, as I can charge the rest @ the hotel, lol.

I can prolly format the CD(my digital camera uses CD-RWs as a medium for photo storage) my Katsu '09 pics are on, as well, since I have copies on my laptop, PSP, and Zune. XD

My sister is letting me borrow her camcorder but if I have more money before hand I might pick up a good digi camera for when my boyfriend goes off on his own to explore the con for the first time ^_^

I have to...

- Buy some stuff for the hotel (I doubt my friends and I can all use those itty-bitty hotel soaps for three nights.)

- Find a pair of socks (cosplay and stuff) that don't cut off my legs' circulation

- Buy a big box of ramen

- Get tickets for VAMPS concert (I'll probably do that later today)

- Shorten my skirt for my cosplay

- Get a hair cut

- Get a new shirt

Jealous! I wish I could get a new camera for the con! I want a Canon, but I'm stuck with my Nikon Coolpix L12....it's lasted me through a couple cons, but isn't the best...

Oh man, a new camera for Otakon would be SO nice (my current camera is actually WORSE than the one in my phone)

Fun fact: The plane trip is 8 hours. But I arrive 4 hours after I leave...*Mind implodes*

Just realized reading through here that I should probably replace my 7 year old Sony 2.1 MP camera before the con rolls around...just not sure with what yet.

3 weeks from today... OTAKON 2009! Are you ready for the showcase of the otaku?

I saw today the schedule is starting to come together (Members Only section). I'm finally starting to finalize plans for the weekend which includes hitting probably everything outside of karaoke, hehe. If my suspicion's correct, some of the panels i'm looking forward to are going to be in the new hotel. Whoo hoo!

Chamelion is right. D= That's always what I feel like in the closer weeks to the convention. I've been working on crap for it all year and I'm starting to realize, "Well...what the heck am I gonna do with myself AFTER it's over?"

I expect a lot of sleeping in and lazing around the house in the days after it.

I saw today the schedule is starting to come together (Members Only section). I'm finally starting to finalize plans for the weekend which includes hitting probably everything outside of karaoke, hehe. If my suspicion's correct, some of the panels i'm looking forward to are going to be in the new hotel. Whoo hoo!