Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BioProject

One Month Till Otakon 2009 O_O

I really like the idea of the Host Club Culture panel thing on Saturday..or maybe even the Death Note: L, change the WorLd, since I'm a huge Death Note fan...but how much you wanna bet the Masquerade'll be scheduled right over that...oh well. I'm willing to miss out on them for mah Masquerade.

I really like the idea of the Host Club Culture panel thing on Saturday..or maybe even the Death Note: L, change the WorLd, since I'm a huge Death Note fan...but how much you wanna bet the Masquerade'll be scheduled right over that...oh well. I'm willing to miss out on them for mah Masquerade.

Have you checked the current schedule yet to make sure?

(Also: AAAAAAAAAAAH! LESS THAN THREE WEEKS FOR ME!!! 8O *panics* )

Have you checked the current schedule yet to make sure?

(Also: AAAAAAAAAAAH! LESS THAN THREE WEEKS FOR ME!!! 8O *panics* )

Yeah, there's the event "Irrashaimase!: Host Club Culture in Japan". It sucks that the buttons/pages don't work... I wanna know about more info on some things! Like what "Whack-A-Catgirl" is XD There's so much I'm gonna do this year...

LMAO, "Whack-A-Catgirl"??? This I HAVE to see. XD

Yeah, there's the event "Irrashaimase!: Host Club Culture in Japan". It sucks that the buttons/pages don't work... I wanna know about more info on some things! Like what "Whack-A-Catgirl" is XD There's so much I'm gonna do this year...

LMAO, "Whack-A-Catgirl"??? This I HAVE to see. XD

It's a live action game show XD but it's at 9pm-ish... so it can't be THAT bad! I hope they pick people from the audience to play cause I wanna XD

Hm, checking the schedule, it seems I may or may not be able to check it out, depending on how long the lines for autographs with MELL are. 'cause that's gonna be a priority for me.

It's a live action game show XD but it's at 9pm-ish... so it can't be THAT bad! I hope they pick people from the audience to play cause I wanna XD

Hm, checking the schedule, it seems I may or may not be able to check it out, depending on how long the lines for autographs with MELL are. 'cause that's gonna be a priority for me.

That's a shame, haha. Hopefully I can get in and play!

Does anyone notice that there are 2 events Sunday/Monday, 12am? Has that always been like that? @_@

The schedule utility you're looking at on the website still has one or two little bugs in it. The four of us working last night figured (at 2:15am when we were finishing the schedule) that you'd be able to figure out that 'midnight Sunday' is, for all intents and purposes, Saturday night, and left it the way it is for the moment.

:lol: Glad you guys are enjoying checking things out.

That's a shame, haha. Hopefully I can get in and play!

Does anyone notice that there are 2 events Sunday/Monday, 12am? Has that always been like that? @_@

They don't have the Masquerade listed on the events schedule yet...at least, as far as I can see...I wish they wouldddd...I'm sure they'll do it eventually. Cause I plan my day around the Masquerade. xD

Chamelion is right. D= That's always what I feel like in the closer weeks to the convention. I've been working on crap for it all year and I'm starting to realize, "Well...what the heck am I gonna do with myself AFTER it's over?"

I expect a lot of sleeping in and lazing around the house in the days after it.

Selling stuff for some extra buffer cash, trying to make plans with people, revving up for my friend's birthday and hoping my phone bill and the new Gazette release don't throw too big of a monkey wrench into my plans. Can't wait for everything to pay off when I'm there. n_n

I just started a job so hopefully I'll get a good amount of my own money to go :]

The sad thing is I don't even have my costumes COMPLETELY done yet, heh. I work better when I'm under pressure I suppose XD

Argh.

I just got thing sorted out, and we got an extra guest all of a sudden.

He's a really cool one though, and someone I have met several times -- so I'm excited and honored that he wants to come, but fitting in another guest at the last minute is pretty stressful!

You got to be kidding me...another late guest add? That's awesome, but I hope you don't get too stressed out, while I'm just about set...er then again, I always seem to be stressed about something. I'm too busy though to speculate on the other thread, so see ya later.

Oh, and best of luck with your trip to the 'Expo this week. I know there's a lot on the line down there, and I have a good friend of mine making the trip for 2009.

I'm really starting to up my cardio to prepare for Otakon since I run around the BCC pretty much all day to and fro. I should get new sneakers as well actually.

Another guest?

Wow Jim, your pre-con flurry of busy never ceases to amaze me when it gets down to the wire.

AND MAN. It's actually closerish to two weeks til I leave for Baltimore!

I should get on with cleaning out my car too.

Guest guest guest guest guest guest! Happy day! I also finished my cosplay not too long ago, and finally bought the last prereg I needed for Otakon, so I'm all set!~

Oh, and guys, I has a dilemma! Advice would be great! Ya see, I'm coming in Saturday morning. My hotel room at the Hilton won't be ready to get into until about 2 PM on Saturday. Meaning I won't have anywhere to put on my wig and stuff besides the car. So...should I just wear the clothes part of my cosplay to wait in the prereg line in the morning, and wait to put on my wig and stuff in the bathroom once I get inside the convention center? Or should I put it on before I get to the line? I'm thinking before, because the morning is the coolest part of the day and it'll be fun to wear the wig and stuff without sweating my behind off...but I'll have to do it in a mirror in the car...or maybe possibly get my mom to do it, but she's not great at that stuff. >_<

HAHA after hearing all this im starting to think ima slacker... Im just now ordering the peices to my cosplay.. <sigh>...

And i made my prereg on the very last day.. Well of the cheap price.. yay for being a cheapskate

Also btw, Jim... im assuming this is ur name from what everyone else is calling u... chillax is good (in the sense as dont kill urself but by all means do what u do) I aint forcing ya to take a break but ya know stress can cause problems and ur more useful alive and healthy lol... jk jk :)

@ICG.... Id say just put it on before u leave or grnated ur flying or something of the sort put it one using w/e mirror u have access to... Carrying the stuff around would prolly become a hinderance.. or at least it would for me =^-^=

Anyways im getting ready to make a trip up to my college in like 3 hours (Penn State FTW) for some advising thing so you all have fun wit doing w/e ur doing

And like i said before, Jim, try not to drop over dead... been through enough trauma with the whole Billy Mays thing lol

18 days left as of JUNE 29..... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

ready or not here it comes

We're just 2 weeks away from OTAKON 2009, the superbowl of anime conventions, the wrestlemania of anime conventions. ARE YOU READY!

We're just 2 weeks away from OTAKON 2009, the superbowl of anime conventions, the wrestlemania of anime conventions. ARE YOU READY!

Yeah, I think I'll just put it on before I get out of the car...cause I'll be crammed into the backseat of a Blazer with my friend and her mom, so the wig'll just be poking people in the eye if I wear it...it's an Axel wig, so you get the idea. @_@

2 MORE WEEKS. Whoo. Now I'm the one who feels like a slacker, because I have nothing to do...I'm on summer vacation so my days have consisted of being on the computer all day...maybe taking a break for food and bathroom...maybe playing some Wii...back to computer...going to bed at, like, 4 in the morning and waking up at about 1 PM...rinse and repeat...

Yeah, I think I'll just put it on before I get out of the car...cause I'll be crammed into the backseat of a Blazer with my friend and her mom, so the wig'll just be poking people in the eye if I wear it...it's an Axel wig, so you get the idea. @_@

2 MORE WEEKS. Whoo. Now I'm the one who feels like a slacker, because I have nothing to do...I'm on summer vacation so my days have consisted of being on the computer all day...maybe taking a break for food and bathroom...maybe playing some Wii...back to computer...going to bed at, like, 4 in the morning and waking up at about 1 PM...rinse and repeat...

...I'm in my stage of planning where I'm sitting here spinning in circles on my spinny chair and thinking about how I need to pack everything and carry everything and thinking about everything that could break in the process and all the stuff that could go wrong and...>___<

Raaaaawr.

xD You have a countdown, that's pretty cool. I have one on Bebo, but I don't think Windows Vista supports countdowns...I might be able to find one...

I'm sorry if I'm bumping, but I wanted to share this link, and I can't edit my previous post here...

Anyway, I found a halfway decent countdown timer gadget for Vista's sidebar that seems to do the trick; if anything, it can be set in the options screen to countdown to Otakon.

Anyway, the link: http://gallery.live.com/liveItemDetail.asp...p;bt=1&pl=1

Hope this helps!

Ooh, it works and I like it! It has pretty skins...like the one with the pink and the dragon...it matches my Avatar: The Last Airbender wallpaper. xD

16 days, 4 hours, 22 minutes, and 54 seconds for me until Otakon...

Ooh, it works and I like it! It has pretty skins...like the one with the pink and the dragon...it matches my Avatar: The Last Airbender wallpaper. xD

16 days, 4 hours, 22 minutes, and 54 seconds for me until Otakon...

Yeahh...I'll be a day or two off from everyone else...since my Otakon begins on Saturday...xD

It just dawned on me today that I have only 14 more days or less to prepare for otakon @_@ ::runs around flailing arms:: wheres my sowing kit!?!?!?! TT___TT;;;

2 weeks from now i'll be at my friend's house in Mt. Wolf, PA, spending the night, watching anime, helping her pack the rest of her things to get in my SUV for the hour drive to Batli on Thursday.

In the MEANTIME: I have to work the next four days get a couple days off, then work the entire weekend before leaving; which is great; it means more money.

However, my store is doing a promotion to try to sell the most medium pizzas in a day, with a goal of 1000! So Saturday the 11th may wipe me out so much, I won't wanna drive the 10 hours to Mt. Wolf :)

Ah well. as long as I make good money, I can't really complain.

Yes, I can.

C

Yeahh...I'll be a day or two off from everyone else...since my Otakon begins on Saturday...xD

Mine actually begins two weeks from tonight, when my bus pulls out of Norfolk, VA, lol.

It just dawned on me today that I have only 14 more days or less to prepare for otakon @_@ ::runs around flailing arms:: wheres my sowing kit!?!?!?! TT___TT;;;

Yeah, I hear ya. I'm still not done my cosplays...I'm procrastinating and I had to order another hoodie to use for Zoey. Hopefully motivation will come upon me this weekend and I'll get everything done. It seems like its coming so fast this year, makes me kinda sad...because it'll be here and gone before we all know it. Everytime I think of how many days closer we are to con..the song "Coming Closer" by L'Arc~en~Ciel starts playing in my head O.o

I'm leaving either Wednesday night or Thursday morning, depending on if I'm going to spend the night in DE and go to Baltimore from there :)

*and I apparently have no typing skills tonight*

Oh noes I don't know how I lost track of time waiting cause it didn't seem like it would ever come. Now I'm hoping my boots come in on time. Plus I have to buy the last and most important piece of my cosplay...Those EYEBROWS. But other then that I'm too excited...oh crap...I think I may be late to go back to work.

Oh noes I don't know how I lost track of time waiting cause it didn't seem like it would ever come. Now I'm hoping my boots come in on time. Plus I have to buy the last and most important piece of my cosplay...Those EYEBROWS. But other then that I'm too excited...oh crap...I think I may be late to go back to work.

yea I hear ya I still have to find some over-the-knee socks for my two cosplays I'm going as and had to order my arm band for my yuuki costume since i can't find the one I made last year TT___TT!

On a complete and total whim, I went out and bought stuff for a cosplay last night. Thank goodness its super duper easy. lol