Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BioProject

One Month Till Otakon 2009 O_O

10 days. Whoohoo. I've actually been holding off on ranting about Otakon. Like, there's moments with my parents where I go, "Y'know, this would be a good time to tell them something about Otakon..." but then I completely hold off because I figure no one wants to hear anymore about it. xD I'm holding off all my rantings until exactly a week before...or at least maybe until next Wednesday...then they shall get an earful...

10 Days.....and I'm STILL not done with my cosplay...:huh:;

Anyone else a slacker, too?

Barely even started. x____x

I can't finish my Friday cosplay yet...my hoodie is currently in West Virginia....>_< I'm just hoping that it gets here in time now. Everything else will get done this week...and then I'll be packing so that I don't forget anything this year. It's still getting here waaay too fast this year.

Dunno what LA Blood is...I have a feeling it's something painfully obvious that I should know about.

The Live Action adaptation of "Blood: The Last Vampire"

Speaking of wigs, I'm just mildly freaking out because my wig seems to be coming UNstyled...like...the front is starting to fall down a bit where my mask constantly pushes against it...I think I'm gonna attack it with some hairspray to try to fix it...because it's an Axel wig, so I get paranoid when it doesn't look symmetrical in the front...but then I keep telling myself that I'm not cosplaying as Axel, so it doesn't matter if the hair doesn't look like Axel because it's not Axel...but just the fact that it's not symmetrical in the front is bothering me. xD Anyone think I'm getting a little too paranoid over it? Cause I honestly don't think anyone will notice...but they might and just be too nice to say anything...

Dunno what LA Blood is...I have a feeling it's something painfully obvious that I should know about.

8 Days until Otakon!

Anyone got the pre-convention jitters? I get extremely nervous around convention time, but i'm excited though since it will be my 8th year.

Six years at Otakon, first time I managed to get one of the con block rooms at the Radisson.....and I forget to pre-register :lol:

Gonna drive in early, early morning on Friday to get into the nice line :D

At least the costume is mostly done. Still need to fix my ridiculuously oversized getas :D , but the rest is all there!

Anyone got the pre-convention jitters? I get extremely nervous around convention time, but i'm excited though since it will be my 8th year.

I think so. The only thing that's going to get me through work Fri-Wed. is "n days... n days..."

OTAKON!!! It's closing in. A fun 3 Day (4 for those who go Thursday) convention of crazy hyper otakus *Happy Otakon dance*

I wonder if and when someone's going to post a thread entitled "OMG ONE WEEK~!". ^^;;; (prolly Friday, I guess. lol. )

The showcase of the otaku is coming up a week from tomorrow, and my friend's Luigi costume hasn't come in yet. It's almost like the SuperBowl of Anime Conventions, the World Series of anime conventions, the Wrestlemania of Anime conventions, Otakon means a lot to me and I've been going there since 2002, I've got butterflies in my stomach thinking about it right now.

Otakon's so close.

I feel like I'm forgetting some pre-con stuff though. Hmm.

I wonder if and when someone's going to post a thread entitled "OMG ONE WEEK~!". ^^;;; (prolly Friday, I guess. lol. )

That depends on if you count Pre-reg pickup. If someone counts that I expect a new thread to begin at 12:00:01 EDT.

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin.

9 days...it's passing dreadfully slow for me because I have absolutely nothing to do...I haven't been out of the house since 4th of July...xD I think I'll go somewhere tomorrow...I think...

That depends on if you count Pre-reg pickup. If someone counts that I expect a new thread to begin at 12:00:01 EDT.

Well, some *would* consider pre-reg part of the con festivities, so mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaybe.

Can I? For irony's sake :D

Anyway, I styled 4 wigs last night, hotglued my wings and Raichu ears this morning, repainted my tail, and spraypainted our guns o_O

15th birthday today :3

8/9 days till otakon! Excitement is settling in.

15th birthday, pretty coooooool.

I...actually should sell some stuff on eBay too, thinking about it...I just have nothing to sell...well, I mean, I DO, but I always somehow convince myself that I still need it and I keep it. I need to clean my room too...not looking forward to that AT ALL. Gawd knows what lives in there.

Happy birthday, L-Kun!

I sold some more comics on eBay recently...but no ones paid yet...augh.

Yeah, I'm doing some Ebay-ing myself. Here's hoping I get some bites. :3 It's hard, because I keep swinging back and forth between being okay with selling my stuff and being sad about it. But I'm getting more stuff, so why do I really need things I don't even use? ^^;

I felt the same way at first, but when you have over 5,000 comics sitting in your house, you get over it quickly.

I felt the same way at first, but when you have over 5,000 comics sitting in your house, you get over it quickly.

Very true. It just sort of stinks when I look and realize that the best stuff I have to sell is really my music, and I sure as heck am not parting ways with my j-rock stuff. I keep debating looking through the magazines to see if there are any of those I could sell off, but then I think 'you know, I spent how much to get magazines this year? I'm going to spend HOW much on them this year?'... yeah, thus far selling a lot of random manga and DVDs. Trying to get some clothes sold while I'm at it.

I really can't wait to just be at this convention already. I need this weekend, badly. <3 This is the best way for me to relax~ going crazy, running around all over the place, seeing all the sights, and depriving myself of sleep for a few days. X3 Love it.

Very true. It just sort of stinks when I look and realize that the best stuff I have to sell is really my music, and I sure as heck am not parting ways with my j-rock stuff. I keep debating looking through the magazines to see if there are any of those I could sell off, but then I think 'you know, I spent how much to get magazines this year? I'm going to spend HOW much on them this year?'... yeah, thus far selling a lot of random manga and DVDs. Trying to get some clothes sold while I'm at it.

I really can't wait to just be at this convention already. I need this weekend, badly. <3 This is the best way for me to relax~ going crazy, running around all over the place, seeing all the sights, and depriving myself of sleep for a few days. X3 Love it.

Tell me about it. It's been almost a year since last Otakon, almost 6 months since my last concert, and it's just been constant work work work... yeah. ^^; I love conventions for this very reason. It's the hijinks I've had here that keep me smiling when everything else bites.

Tell me about it. It's been almost a year since last Otakon, almost 6 months since my last concert, and it's just been constant work work work... yeah. ^^; I love conventions for this very reason. It's the hijinks I've had here that keep me smiling when everything else bites.

I have nothing that would get me any major money...I don't have comics, the only manga I have is the Death Note series and I worked hard to be able to buy all of that so I'm sure as heck not letting that leave my shelf...I don't have any anime except, like, the cheapo stuff I bought at Big Lots for 5 bucks...however, I am rather loaded when it comes to video games...all the video games I want to sell are the cheap ones that no one wants though.

...I just went digging through my box of video games...and I lifted the box up...and I found a whole bag full of video games I didn't even know I had. xD Including a Eureka Seven one...apparently one I just bought because it had anime on it...I've never heard of the series in my life...and I found one of those cases that hold multiple CDs...it's entirely full of Playstation Magazine demo discs...and a random Barbie CD...

Anyone wanna buy a CD thing full of Playstation Magazine demo discs? :lol:

I remember those days...

When it was manageable...

wow everyone we have a week or less before otakon is here it's slowly sneaking up on us more! Lol :D

Anyway, I styled 4 wigs last night, hotglued my wings and Raichu ears this morning, repainted my tail, and spraypainted our guns o_O

wow everyone we have a week or less before otakon is here it's slowly sneaking up on us more! Lol :D

Why does Raichu have guns? O.O

I'm guessing the guns are for a different cosplay. Although Raichu packin' enough heat to make Revy Two-Hands go "WTF?" would be something to see.

I can not believe I started this topic a month ago and now it's in a week! Why does time have to fly by so freakin fast?

The only thing that I have left to do is to style my hair and pray that it comes out right.

Why does Raichu have guns? O.O

I'm guessing the guns are for a different cosplay. Although Raichu packin' enough heat to make Revy Two-Hands go "WTF?" would be something to see.