Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alabaster

Transformers Giant Robot Invasion!!!

Are any of you going to show up for the Transformers Giant Robot Invasion tomorrow night?

http://www.otakon.com/promo_tf2009.asp

Free tickets to a sweet premier, some Otakon and Transformers swag to be had, and a chance to show of your costume for the media....come on guys, show off your Otakon pride!

I wish I could be there to watch, but am taking time off Tuesday for my first Aberdeen Ironbirds game of the season. I hope somebody gets tons of pictures and puts them on the website quickly.

I will be at the screening, but on the clock, so to speak, writing a review for The Towerlight. I'll bring my camera though, so I can take pics of the inevitable ironic cardboard Gundam.

No, it's an advance screening on the 22nd. Because Otakon and Allied are awesome like that.

Correct, sir. And I'm really hoping that it works out -- they have some cool screenings coming up and if this is nice and splashy and media-coverage producing, then we stand a better chance of getting stuff like HERO (we were a premier site for that movie) both for Otakon and for side events.

... No, what I meant was ...

We're working with them to stage a Giant Robot Invasion at the Baltimore premiere, and we need your help. So tell all your friends, it's time to show off your mad skills!

Here's how it will work:

1. The sneak preview will be held at the Cinemark Egyptian at Arundel Mills Mall, Monday, 22 June 2009, at 7:30 p.m. (The actual screening is closed to the public.)

2. Show up at 6 p.m. in your best Transformers or giant robot costume. Show off for the media!

3. At about 6:45 p.m., the best five costumes will be selected by judges from 98 ROCK.

4. Once winners are selected, you'll have time to put away your costume before the movie starts.

5. Those best five costumes will each win two reserved seats for the screening. Runners up will receive Transformers swag including toys and Otakon t-shirts.

6. The best costume will also receive a free membership to Otakon 2009.

7. ALL participants will be invited to appear in costume the next morning on Fox 45 News, where they'll promote the movie (and Otakon) on Transformers Tuesday!

They're counting on the creativity and skills of Otakon's legions of cosplayers to make the event a success -- so let's not disappoint!

There is no need to sign up: just show up at the indicated time in costume, and you've got a chance to win! Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen opens in theaters nationwide on Wednesday, July 24.

Are you still sure it's not June 24th?

... No, what I meant was ...

Are you still sure it's not June 24th?

It's June 24th. The 'July' was a typo; July 24th is a Friday (and after Otakon). I think Jim thought you had said "June 24th" instead of "June 24th".

I was there last night at the premier, great crowd, not a lot of cosplayers, still, a fun time to be had by all. We gave out a bunch o Otakon Schwag, so it kept people occupied til the movie started. All in all, the movie rocked and the event went pretty well.