Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jkid

One Day Stands

This will be the first year I've done any convention as a One-Day shot. I usually attend the entire weekend but it was this or nothing this year so I'm going with this. I already know it' won't be enough. :):D:D

I tend to do One Day Stands at the local cons here in Florida, usually if I am hosting a panel (I just recently did it at JACON this year). Here in Florida the con programming on Fridays and Sundays suck, so Saturday is usually the day to go... so that's what I do. :D

I also did a lot of 1 day con deals last year. Did one day at NY Comic Con, another one day at Anime Festival Orlando.

I regret NYCC, there was so much to do and so little time.

I one-day'd at this year's Anime Boston because I wasn't about to miss Yuki, but at the same time I had next to no money for a hotel and driving would take too long since I couldn't have Thursday off. Took a flight up at 6:30am Saturday, got there by 9, saw the concert, got autograph, had the time of my life.

On the downside, the line for the autographs went on for a while and the last flight back to my airport left at 6:00pm, I think...made it with about seven minutes to spare, so it worked out after all, but it sucked being in line and thinking 'I'm going to miss my flight but it's Yuki Kajiura...' Very worth it, but I'm still sorry I couldn't check out more while I was there. (I missed the Touhou Panel, darn it...) Then of course I had to do my very best not to look/act like a zombie when I showed up at a friend's wedding the next day. I need to work on this not sleeping thing...

Since I live in Maryland, though, there's no way I'd one-day Otakon. My goal this year is not to get lost. good luck with that, me

I did it two years ago at Otakon. It was strange that I decided to go on that Friday. Brought my train tickets for that Saturday, came down and stayed till 6:00pm and then jumped back on the train for 4 hrs to go back home. Loved Otakon ever since. :)

My first Otakon (2004) was for just the Friday. I continually kick myself because that was L'Arc year and I missed it... *sigh*

Never again!

I couldn't imagine going for just one day at Otakon, every year I've gone I've been there Thu-Sun. :D

However I have done the one day stand for other cons. Went to AnimeNext '07 on Saturday, left at 6am Sunday morning. Went to a con not worth mentioning by name for a few hours on a Saturday & I also went to Wizard World East in '02 & '03 on Saturday.