Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dragonclaw21974

Pre-reg numbers?

I was wondering if the current pre-reg numbers are on par (or higher or lower) with previous years. The reason that I ask is because it seems that there is going to be alot of first timers this year at Otakon. I've noticed on quite a few of the forums that I"m on that the number of people saying that this is their first year at Otakon seems to be more numerous than I remember previous years being.

Well, we saw a huge jump in the 2 days before the price cutoff. With that jump, the numbers are pretty close to previous years. Matt Smiechowski made us a bunch of charts illustrating this year's pre-reg compared to the past few years and it doesn't seem significantly higher or lower than it usually is.. However I'm terrible at interpreting data and therefore I just look at the raw numbers, lol. ^_^

(Edited for spelling and clarity)

It might be info we are not allowed to have but I was curious if you could give information on pre-reg info out? Such as how many people wait until they are at the con to register and how many pre-registrations you normally get.

Probably Matt will make a statement of some sort next week, or possibly sooner. However he is out here at Anime Expo along with a few other staffers so you probably won't hear much for the next day or three.

Probably Matt will make a statement of some sort next week, or possibly sooner. However he is out here at Anime Expo along with a few other staffers so you probably won't hear much for the next day or three.

Yes we'll be posting an official announcement soon, although depending on what else comes down the pipe this week it may just come out for Opening Ceremonies. I hope you all don't mind?