Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

moonbunnychan

Hotel tvs

I know we all hate them...with their not letting us hook things up to them.

I know almost none of them have RCA inputs, but memory fails me as to whether they tend to have RF stuff. Reason I ask is because I've been entertaining the notion of getting an RCA to RF adapter. Has anybody ever used one? Do they work?

Right now I've got something on the way to be able to hook games and stuff up to a PC monitor, but it's gonna be kind of a pain to bring one on top of everything else I already bring.

I know we all hate them...with their not letting us hook things up to them.

I know almost none of them have RCA inputs, but memory fails me as to whether they tend to have RF stuff. Reason I ask is because I've been entertaining the notion of getting an RCA to RF adapter. Has anybody ever used one? Do they work?

Right now I've got something on the way to be able to hook games and stuff up to a PC monitor, but it's gonna be kind of a pain to bring one on top of everything else I already bring.

If you get one, don't get a super-cheap one. I'm not saying you need to spend big $ on one, but avoid no-name knockoffs on this one.

I got a cheap one years ago, and it's a flaming pile. Whenever the picture beign sent is a totally white or totally black screen, the box interprets this as meaning "no signal - turn off!" Made for some frustrating moments during scene changes in movies/shows/games/whatever - normal sound to LOUD PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSH of snow and back to normal just as quickly.

Just a note for anyone reading this and curious:

I stayed at the Sheraton City Center last year, and although they have really nice flat screen TVs, they have NO outlets for games or DVDs.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what sort of connections the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor has on their TVs? RCA, SVideo, RF, what? thanks in advance.

Speaking of Hotel TVs, don't you get annoyed when they have HDTVs, but the programs and channels are not in HD?

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what sort of connections the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor has on their TVs? RCA, SVideo, RF, what? thanks in advance.

I think they just have standard RF from my years there, BUT they have "lock boxes" on the connector so you cannot disconnect them from the TV (otherwise people would insert a VCR & tape stuff off the movie list, etc.) I have heard if you ask NICELY, they MIGHT have a tech come up & disconnect it to allow you to hook something up, but that's a BIG maybe, and only if you have the hotel do it themselves so they can see/approve what you're hooking up...

Though they may be against hooking up game consoles, as that'd cut into the built-in N64 (yes, as of 2 years ago, they had that ancient system) that you can pay to play for $xx.xx per hour... along with the noise if you break out a game with a lot of stomping like DDR...

All things equal, ASK THE FRONT DESK first before you start playing Dr. Frankenstein on your TV's connections... "you break it, you bought it" certainly applies, and in a hotel, that coaxial cable could cost you 10x market price...

I think they just have standard RF from my years there, BUT they have "lock boxes" on the connector so you cannot disconnect them from the TV (otherwise people would insert a VCR & tape stuff off the movie list, etc.) I have heard if you ask NICELY, they MIGHT have a tech come up & disconnect it to allow you to hook something up, but that's a BIG maybe, and only if you have the hotel do it themselves so they can see/approve what you're hooking up...

Though they may be against hooking up game consoles, as that'd cut into the built-in N64 (yes, as of 2 years ago, they had that ancient system) that you can pay to play for $xx.xx per hour... along with the noise if you break out a game with a lot of stomping like DDR...

All things equal, ASK THE FRONT DESK first before you start playing Dr. Frankenstein on your TV's connections... "you break it, you bought it" certainly applies, and in a hotel, that coaxial cable could cost you 10x market price...

Hmm, I called Reservations to see if I could upgrade to this Sight and Sound room because complimentary internet and wonderfully sounding bed sound nice and they said they weren't offering them yet because they were brand new rooms. I dunno. I called the front desk to verify and they said the same thing. =/ Oh well, I just won't be playing video games.

I'm staying at the Brookshire, and while I remember them having no rca ports, I can not for the life of me remember if they had an accessible rf port. Anybody know?

Hmm, I called Reservations to see if I could upgrade to this Sight and Sound room because complimentary internet and wonderfully sounding bed sound nice and they said they weren't offering them yet because they were brand new rooms. I dunno. I called the front desk to verify and they said the same thing. =/ Oh well, I just won't be playing video games.

Does anyone know if the Holiday Inn has the hookups for games or dvd player?

I think I remember seeing a way to bypass the lock boxes with either a bic pen or a straw (cant remember what one) Its a safe way to get past the lock with no damage.

Oh, derp, I didn't even see that one. Thanks a bunch, W. :lol: I guess we'll either ask or just deal with not having it.

Something else just occured to me on your post. The S&S are brand new rooms? Isn't the entire hotel BRAND NEW!? I think they were just trying to tell you cant have one in a round about way.

Im calling now, will add to this post when I find out.

C

Something else just occured to me on your post. The S&S are brand new rooms? Isn't the entire hotel BRAND NEW!? I think they were just trying to tell you cant have one in a round about way.

Im calling now, will add to this post when I find out.

C