Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kreidas

Who lives in Baltimore? OR Maryland in general?

Dididn't know there are so many Marylanders on this site...we should meet up together!

Any suggestions?

Lived in Baltimore my whole life. Love it here, wouldn't change a thing.

I was born in DC, but I have been a long time Maryland resident. I attend the University of Maryland.

Born in D.C. - moved out to the subs just before I turned two - lived here pretty much my whole life.

BOT - I suspect that there already is a meeting for those from MD at Otakon...it's called Otakon. While there are a number of folks travelling from out of town the VAST majority of folks are from MD.

Neat idea but I suspect there is nowhere near enough room for a meet up.

Born in D.C. - moved out to the subs just before I turned two - lived here pretty much my whole life.

BOT - I suspect that there already is a meeting for those from MD at Otakon...it's called Otakon. While there are a number of folks travelling from out of town the VAST majority of folks are from MD.

Neat idea but I suspect there is nowhere near enough room for a meet up.

Anne Arundel County has been my home for almost my entire life. while not the best, we have it all. I'd like a meetup too, but I already planned one with others on another BBS for Friday morning!

I live in Dundalk, MD

I have lived in Baltimore all of my life. Looking forward to the craziness that comes during the con. Especially the fun I have with my co-workers teaching them about cosplay and anime. They love it when I come to the job in cosplay or in lolita during Otakon, so do our clients.

I live about three hours from the Baltimore area, up in western MD...Allegany County. A meetup sounds cool, so I'm definitely up for it.

Lived here pretty much my entire life ( cept for 8 months when I lived in Florida ).

born and raised here, although i moved around a few times :]

now i've been settled in the city for about 11 years.

LOL...that's definitely a lot of people.

Do you guys like the Karoke thing? We could always meet up there if u guys are intereseted in that kinda thing...

We can hear each other sing...and me do very badly lol.

I live in baltimore and this will be my very first time going. Finally have courage to go, as I live aboult 15 minutes from downtown.

lol my town is in PA but its close enough to to MD ud think it was rape or something... I live somewhere in the Hanove/Gettysburg area not even a 15 minute drive to the border

I live in Baltimore City, have lived in the city for my entire life. I live just 5-10 minutes away from the Baltimore Convention Center. A meetup of Baltimore/Maryland Otakon BBS members could be awesome, I would participate, would love to have new friends to possibly hang out with.

lol my town is in PA but its close enough to to MD ud think it was rape or something... I live somewhere in the Hanove/Gettysburg area not even a 15 minute drive to the border

No way. I'm in Hanover too. How odd is that.

I live about three hours from the Baltimore area, up in western MD...Allegany County. A meetup sounds cool, so I'm definitely up for it.

I just moved to MD myself a couple months ago. I live in Forte Meade, and would love to meet some locals! You can count me in!

OK...

It seems that several people here do want to meet during Otakon.

I say...that we can do a few options.

1) Karoke Room

2) Edo Sushi

3) Bar?

4) Anywhere else?

If I can have a suggestion on time and place, that would be great. Also afternoon/evening preferences.

I probably will arrive over at the con on Friday early afternoon and Saturday morning. Sunday i'm still debating, since I may have tennis/movie engagements.

If anyone can seriously make suggestions...and follow through with em during the con, that would be wonderful.;)

(Sorry if I sound like a crappy old man, but I played against the Tennis Version of Garra...the Absolute Perfect Defense of tennis. Extremely scary, extremely tired, extremely satisfied that I survived it.)

I live in Allegany County too, in Frostburg. Not too many in our area are in to this kind of thing.

Originally from NH, been going to school at the Peabody Institute in Mt. Vernon for three years, and will be for two more for my master's. I live about a mile away from the BCC, and last year was my first Otakon since I was here for the summer for the first time, and had absolutely no excuse not to go. XD

I'd suggest a bar or something; less expensive, more laid-back, etc. I can't recall, does anyone remember when they posted the event/panel schedule last year? Once we know that, we can plan better. I know I'd rather not have it during the AMV contest showings since my video made the finals and I'd like to be there both showings if possible (Friday 5-7:30 and Saturday 3-5:30 were the tentative times).

Anywhere in the harbor is fine, but if we have a good amount of time, maybe it'd be fun to check out some places further up Charles St? Mick O'Shea's is always fun.

...Cazbar has a bellydancing show every Saturday night, that'd be... kind of hilarious. XD Hell, I'd be up for it, it's always a blast there.

I was born and raised in md (dundalk) but we moved to florida for my dads job now im moving back up there. Coming for the con and never leaving (ok school also).

Originally from NH, been going to school at the Peabody Institute in Mt. Vernon for three years, and will be for two more for my master's. I live about a mile away from the BCC, and last year was my first Otakon since I was here for the summer for the first time, and had absolutely no excuse not to go. XD

I'd suggest a bar or something; less expensive, more laid-back, etc. I can't recall, does anyone remember when they posted the event/panel schedule last year? Once we know that, we can plan better. I know I'd rather not have it during the AMV contest showings since my video made the finals and I'd like to be there both showings if possible (Friday 5-7:30 and Saturday 3-5:30 were the tentative times).

Anywhere in the harbor is fine, but if we have a good amount of time, maybe it'd be fun to check out some places further up Charles St? Mick O'Shea's is always fun.

...Cazbar has a bellydancing show every Saturday night, that'd be... kind of hilarious. XD Hell, I'd be up for it, it's always a blast there.

Saturday after 5pm I'll be at Artscape waiting for Cake to play, so Friday may be best for me too.

I've never eaten at Edo Sushi before. In my opinion the best sushi place "downtown" is inside Cross Street Market in Federal Hill.

Mick O'Sheas seem's like a cool place, judging by the website: http://www.mickosheas.com/index2.html I drive by it fairly often but have never been there....

Also, Friday the 17th there's a $5 cover to get in.

I've never eaten at Edo Sushi before. In my opinion the best sushi place "downtown" is inside Cross Street Market in Federal Hill.

Mick O'Sheas seem's like a cool place, judging by the website: http://www.mickosheas.com/index2.html I drive by it fairly often but have never been there....

Also, Friday the 17th there's a $5 cover to get in.

Anime fans like eating sushi. I've noticed it's a trend or something. :)

I actually refuse to eat in the Inner Harbor. There are much better places elsewhere in Baltimore. Although last year we ate at Tir Na Noh, which was really good.

Anime fans like eating sushi. I've noticed it's a trend or something. :)

I actually refuse to eat in the Inner Harbor. There are much better places elsewhere in Baltimore. Although last year we ate at Tir Na Noh, which was really good.

It's much easier to walk down the sidewalk to the pavilions then it is elsewhere. Ive tried in the past to take my friends to places elsewhere, but they all usually refuse! lol

It's much easier to walk down the sidewalk to the pavilions then it is elsewhere. Ive tried in the past to take my friends to places elsewhere, but they all usually refuse! lol

Meeting up at Edo Sushi would be an ideal place, the Otakon BBS has had in the past couple of years, an unofficial meetup on Thursday night at Edo Sushi. Edo Sushi seems to be much closer than Mick O'Shea's so I would prefer Edo Sushi.

Meeting up at Edo Sushi would be an ideal place, the Otakon BBS has had in the past couple of years, an unofficial meetup on Thursday night at Edo Sushi. Edo Sushi seems to be much closer than Mick O'Shea's so I would prefer Edo Sushi.

Wait, I forgot about the Hilton, we could meetup at the Diamond Tavern, the Hilton Baltimore's restaurant, the Hilton is connected via the enclosed skybridge, that way we don't need to go outside at all, we just go across the skybridge and go down to level 1 and get to the Diamond Tavern, or we could meetup at the lobby bar area. Here's some info on the Diamond Tavern/lobby bar: http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/BWIC...and/dining.do#3

Wait, I forgot about the Hilton, we could meetup at the Diamond Tavern, the Hilton Baltimore's restaurant, the Hilton is connected via the enclosed skybridge, that way we don't need to go outside at all, we just go across the skybridge and go down to level 1 and get to the Diamond Tavern, or we could meetup at the lobby bar area. Here's some info on the Diamond Tavern/lobby bar: http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/BWIC...and/dining.do#3

I'll be honest, I'd rather go to a bar where we may have a better chance of getting individual tabs. Not to sound like a sour lady, but every time I go out with a group, especially at conventions, my boyfriend and I are left footing most of the bill.

I'll be honest, I'd rather go to a bar where we may have a better chance of getting individual tabs. Not to sound like a sour lady, but every time I go out with a group, especially at conventions, my boyfriend and I are left footing most of the bill.

^

As in individual bill for each person/couple/whatever.:)

I think regardless where we go, it's gonna be an individual bill anyways...

I'm so not gonna pay for anyone else unless it's a single lady who loves anime and tennis lol.

How do you set polls in this chat anyways? It might be a good idea to make one for this...sigh in regards to the location.

I might need to start private msging the other posters eventually and see what they think about this...sigh X 2. Between tennis prep training, otakon, meditation, work, etc etc etc...

This is gonna be fun:)

Gaithersburg here! (Soon to be Rockville though)

I think regardless where we go, it's gonna be an individual bill anyways...

I'm so not gonna pay for anyone else unless it's a single lady who loves anime and tennis lol.

How do you set polls in this chat anyways? It might be a good idea to make one for this...sigh in regards to the location.

I might need to start private msging the other posters eventually and see what they think about this...sigh X 2. Between tennis prep training, otakon, meditation, work, etc etc etc...

This is gonna be fun:)

Cross Street Market, down in the Nicks Seafood area, does do tabs for people since it's more like a bar. They have sushi, steamed crabs, oysters, and other kinds of seafood as well. They also have pretty cheap drinks. However on a Friday night in Federal Hill it will be crowded.

Tir Na Nog in the Inner Harbor is a pretty good place. The food is amazing, not sure if they split checks.

Hoolihans near the ESPN Zone is a nice place, never too crowded. Again, no idea if they split checks.

Hotel bars and the like are good ideas, but they are going to be more expensive then other places downtown, especially at the Hilton.

Mick O'Sheas may be the best place, but I'm never really down for cover charges.

Went from Cedonia to Fells Point to Cockeysville...

Should have stayed in Fells since I was walking distance from the con... :-/

On the meetup thing I was trying to maybe setup something at Houlihan's but anyplace would be cool with me... I know that they have $5apps and half price drinks until 7pm (the Long Islands are awesome)

I'll be moving over not far from Twinbrook metro...renting some space in my friend's new house. Much closer to work :blink:.

I'll be moving over not far from Twinbrook metro...renting some space in my friend's new house. Much closer to work :blink:.