Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kreidas

Who lives in Baltimore? OR Maryland in general?

I live about 10-15 minutes from the BCC, whoo!

Who else is up for that suggestion? Friday 5-7:30 time frame sounds good to me. Saturday..I'm gonna be running around like a headless chicken...taking pictures most likely.

Who else is up for that suggestion? Friday 5-7:30 time frame sounds good to me. Saturday..I'm gonna be running around like a headless chicken...taking pictures most likely.

Aaah! I meant to clarify that I want to AVOID that time, since I would like to be at the convention for the AMV contest. What about immediately after? 7:30-8ish? Or, if you'd rather keep an earlier time than that, is having it on Saturday a real issue?

Saturday won't work at all for me. Friday may be my best bet, but I still have to see what some of my out of town buddies are doing. :/ So Right now My boy and I are a 'maybe'.

(Truthfully I don't care where we eat, but I will always vote for Cross Street is only for their gift from the God's sushi.)

I live in Hampden. :(

While I wouldn't be free for a meetup (artist alley omg), why not try Matsuri, if you're already going to Federal Hill? Their nabeyaki udon is to die for. And, while the location of Yakitori One (on Maryland Avenue, near Station North) may not seem all that desireable to County folk, they're the only place to get some serious takoyaki, okonomiyaki, onigiri, or, of course, yakitori (they have several different kinds).

I have lived and was born in Baltimore all my life (living in highlandtown ATM).

I could really use some friends right now in my life.....any of you willing to give me a chance?

(BTW, I work at the Shcaffer building Mon-Fri from 4:50pm-8:40pm)

I have lived and was born in Baltimore all my life (living in highlandtown ATM).

I could really use some friends right now in my life.....any of you willing to give me a chance?

I live about three hours from the Baltimore area, up in western MD...Allegany County. A meetup sounds cool, so I'm definitely up for it.

I live in Allegany County too, in Frostburg. Not too many in our area are in to this kind of thing.

Oh, you'd be surprised... I live in Frostburg as well. Maybe we should get a big bus or something.

I live in Aberdeen, MD. Even though I am a 20 minute ride from the BCC by train, I still will sleep Friday and Saturday nights in a hotel room.

I live in Aberdeen, MD. Even though I am a 20 minute ride from the BCC by train, I still will sleep Friday and Saturday nights in a hotel room.

Haha me too my friend! I'm staying at the Hilton when I live 15 minutes away, I'm really lazy.

Alright...as of so far let's see what choices we have in a meet location.

1) Cross Street Market - 1

2) Tir Na Nog - 0

3) Hoolihans - 0

4) Mick O' Sheas - 0

5) Hilton Diamond Tavern - 0

6) Edo Sushi - 0

As of so far, only one person, MissV, has voted.

Alright...as of so far let's see what choices we have in a meet location.

2) Tir Na Nog - 0

3) Hoolihans - 0

4) Mick O' Sheas - 0

6) Edo Sushi - 0

As of so far, only one person, MissV, has voted.

Shcaffer Beer? Really? That's pretty awesome. I've broken into the Hamms building down in Canton numbers of times. :huh:

I think a meetup sounds like a great idea :) I live in Catonsville, just about 10 minutes away from the convention center by car or 20 by bike. Also, since this is my first post, HI EVERYONE! lol My name's John. I've been going to Otakon since '99. How long have you guys been going? I assume Marylanders on average have a longer history with the con.

As of right now...our tally for meetup location preferences:

2) Tir Na Nog - 1 (maybe?)

3) Hoolihans - 1 (maybe?)

4) Mick O' Sheas - 0

6) Edo Sushi - 0

To all posters - remember to choose a preference on where you would like all of us to meet lol if you would like to participate in the Marylanders Meetup:)

As of right now...our tally for meetup location preferences:

3) Hoolihans - 1 (maybe?)

4) Mick O' Sheas - 0

6) Edo Sushi - 0

To all posters - remember to choose a preference on where you would like all of us to meet lol if you would like to participate in the Marylanders Meetup:)

One place that was missed, the lobby bar at the Hilton Baltimore, it's separate from the Diamond Tavern.

Hmmm... The Cross Street Market is quite a walk from the BCC if we're walking to the meetup, according to Google it's a 17 minute walk: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source...mp;t=h&z=17

I wonder how many of us would be willing to walk for 17 minutes to the Cross Street Market if that becomes the location.

Since Tir Na Nog, Houlihans and the Hilton is close by, I would prefer those locations over the Cross Street Market. Edo Sushi might be crowded on Friday and in the past, reservations for groups were preferred by Edo Sushi so that's out of the running for me.

I live in baltomore and first time finally going. I whould love to meet with others there. If any is interested.

I live in baltomore and first time finally going. I whould love to meet with others there. If any is interested.

Dididn't know there are so many Marylanders on this site...we should meet up together!

Any suggestions?

I live about three hours from the Baltimore area, up in western MD...Allegany County. A meetup sounds cool, so I'm definitely up for it.

I live in Fells Point. We will meet up with peeps. any 21+ from Drinks?

I live in Fells Point. We will meet up with peeps. any 21+ from Drinks?

You mean FOR drinks, right?

I think a lot of us are 21+, from what I'm seeing here. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Therefore the location choosing thing - want to see what kind of environment we're gonna be relaxing in.

So far Houlihans is in the lead. So if you wanna bring friends for R & R and drinking with us, that's definitely welcome.

I know how to get to Fell's Point from my job by bus. But if any of you have any idea that I'm gonna be drinking or dancing or anything like that...forget it.

Pikesville bebeh! :3

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s15/Starfire217/blank.jpg[i'm one of the few local scenekandikids you'd find walking around towson or something.]

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s15/Starfire217/blank.jpg[i'm one of the few local scenekandikids you'd find walking around towson or something.]

Do you have a sister named Rachel?

I have a close friend named Rachel. >>

3) Hoolihans - 3

4) Mick O' Sheas - 0

6) Edo Sushi - 0

One more day...but it definitely looks like that Houlihans will be our meeting spot. So let's call it as is -

The get together will be on July 17th (Friday) over at Houlihans!

The address for it is gonna be at:

621 E Pratt Street Ste. 105

Baltimore, MD 21202-3132

443-872-0058

If you guys need more information on this here's the website:

http://houlihans.com/LocateUs.aspx?Region=Maryland

Seeya all there! Please msg if there are any questions.

Hmmm... The Cross Street Market is quite a walk from the BCC if we're walking to the meetup, according to Google it's a 17 minute walk: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source...mp;t=h&z=17

I wonder how many of us would be willing to walk for 17 minutes to the Cross Street Market if that becomes the location.

Since Tir Na Nog, Houlihans and the Hilton is close by, I would prefer those locations over the Cross Street Market. Edo Sushi might be crowded on Friday and in the past, reservations for groups were preferred by Edo Sushi so that's out of the running for me.

20 minutes is nothing. I mean really, that's being lazy, and that disappoints me.

I told my boyfriend about the meet up last night, but he didn't seem particularly enthralled at going to Houlihans for dinner. However, we'll try our best getting over there!

I'm actually gonna have to cancel on this. I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I really want to see the Eva movie at 8pm on Friday night (I won't be able to see it when it shows on Saturday because of cosplay plans). Have fun guys!

You look like someone I know. >>; (I live in your hood. My sister just graduated PHS this year.)

You look like someone I know. >>; (I live in your hood. My sister just graduated PHS this year.)

Thats me.

Connor Jacob?

you're talking about Rachel Lipman.

I attend Pikesville High.

i was gunna go to pikesville high!!! i went to summit park elementary which is right around the corner. i think im off topic.

but anyways, i wuld like to participate on this md gathering =]

Come right along! The more the merrier. :huh:

Okay, the meetup in on Friday at Houlihan's, what time??? Like from when to when? I would like to know so I can plan my gofer schedule around this meetup.

OK...might as well do this again since we're getting that close to Otakon proper.

Time: 7:30 pm until whenever people want to disband,

OK...might as well do this again since we're getting that close to Otakon proper.

Time: 7:30 pm until whenever people want to disband,

Thursday night there's also Super Art Fight up at the Ottobar, from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. (ish). Steampunk band, live art battles, and only about 10 minutes north of the BCC if you take Howard.

For more information, go to http://www.superartfight.com/

Thursday night there's also Super Art Fight up at the Ottobar, from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. (ish). Steampunk band, live art battles, and only about 10 minutes north of the BCC if you take Howard.

That might be interesting...anyone know where this Ottobar place is?

That might be interesting...anyone know where this Ottobar place is?