Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webyugioh

Otakon 09 Panel List

I'm glad they did but ...

theres some in the hotel ;_; THe one thing I always liked about Otakon (and AUSA) is that everything was inthe same building. When I start having to cross the street it gets confusing. I hope there will be signs (oh wait they are banned*bricked*) telling us where to go and not just room titles

Other than that I'm lookng forward to it. and atculy goin gto some panels this year

Here are some info on the rooms that I got from another thread:

The new panel rooms (5 & 6) are in the Hilton.

The old panel rooms (1-4) are the same as they have been:

Panel 1 (337-338)

Panel 2 (324-326)

Panel 3 (318-323)

Panel 4 (Ballroom II)

The Hilton Baltimore consists of two buildings, the hotel and the extension. The BCC is connected to the extension by the 'bendy bridge' over Howard Street and the extension is connected to the hotel by another bridge over Eutaw Street.

This year, the only public room in the extension will be the Manga Library in Poe, which is the first room on the right once you cross the 'bendy bridge' from the BCC.

Keep going across the next bridge and you'll find yourself directly above the hotel lobby. This is the Key Ballroom, where you'll find Panel 5, Panel 6, and Autograph 4, all brand new for this year. If you're staying in the Hilton, ride the elevator down from your room to the 2nd floor and these rooms will be right where you get off the elevator.

I wanna see:

Kimono your doin it wrong (wear them all the time)

Cosplay 101

Gaijin in Japan: A Real Taste of Tokyo

Irrashaimase!: Host Club Culture in Japan

Lifestyles of Lolita (was gonna cosplay)

Live-Action Whack-a-Catgirl (seems interesting)

Shin Megami Tensei (love persona)

Ultimate Lolita Fashion Show

Whose Line is it Anime?

Without Watching the Anime: Opening & Ending Themes (Love the music)

Thats the only real reason to go to the convention as well as the Rave and Dealers Room

...wait, the manga library is gonna be in the hotel extension? Yes! Closeby library, here I come! I was never able to find the manga library last year...I was hoping to find it this year...and goody, it's gonna be right there. =D Hope I can pull myself away to get into the actual convention center.

Just to let someone know the dates on the panel waiver forms are wrong. They still say August 8,9, and 10th.

Got some good panels going on this year. Very excited to see the lolita fashion show, and the J-drama panel.

I can't wait to see ANIME PRESS YOUR LUCK. BIG BUCKS! NO WHAMMIES!

I totally wanna see the puroresu panel. XD Unless it conflicts with something else I wanna do.

I wanna seeeee...either Parents and Fandom, Anime's Craziest Deaths, Even More Rhythm Games You Haven't Played, the Host Club culture panel thingy, or J-Music 101...I can bet you all of those are gonna be on the days that I won't be at Otakon, though, I just bet you. It's the way it always works out. Either that, or I'll be at the Masquerade during them.

I would love to see all these panels: (* for must see!)

Kikuko Inoue*

JTA Presents - Travel to Japan

VAMPS panel*

The Art of Translations with Trish Ledoux

Anime: Myths & Legends*

Anime's Craziest Deaths

Budget Tokyo Travel

Dubs that Time Forgot

Gaijin in Japan: A Real Taste of Tokyo!

Irrashaimase!: Host Club Culture in Japan*

J-Music 101: Introduction to the Japanese Music Industry

Oishii: A Cooking Panel

The Ins and Outs of Japanese Drama

The Philosophy of Bleach

The World of Sailor Moon.

Uncle Yo: Otaku Stand-Up Comedy

Boy's Love Games*

The Yaoi-ing Game*

How (Not) to Write a Lemon

So if I can at least get to the few * ones, I'll be happy! ;) And if the HD room has a good track, it will really be tough for me to fit everything in!

i wish there were more vidya panels this year

Gotta see the Metal Gear and Host Club panel.

Btw, I've been curious about this but why doesn't Mary Elizabeth McGlynn have a panel?

a genshiken panel?!?! :::geeks out::: I'll be there, and at the kanon wakeshima Q&A. man, there wont be any time to eat or sleep this weekend

I'm wondering why our panel is not on this list...

Our Steampunk Fashion and Gadgetry Panel is at 9am on Sunday in Panel Room 5.

Come check it out! <3 You can see some of our costume work in the multimedia section of our website. We'll be bringing most of our gear to the con and will be showing it during the panel. Outland Armour

I'm hoping to hear back from the panel director about why we're not on the list. Just sent him an email. :/

Oooh, Steampunk panel...I really like steampunk but I don't actually wear the clothes, but I think I still might hit that panel, I just won't be...y'know, dressed up...the most convenient part of that panel is it's in my hotel and it's at a time right before we're getting ready to leave...meaning I can sneak in there while we're packing up to leave for the day. =D

Okay, Panels emailed me back letting me know we just accidentally got left off the list, and we're on there now. Phew! ^_^

I'm so, so, so excited for a lot of these panels, they all sound awesome! ^_^ I haven't gone to many panels in the past, but I'm definitely going to drag some friends out of the dealer's room and into a panel with me this time.

I'm most psyched to see that there's going to be a Bang!Zoom dubbing workshop. I've heard about it before. Will we also be able to try dubbing ourselves at the panel? If so, that'd be so amazing. :D

If you are remotely interested in music, I urge everyone to come check out my two panels Friday night in Panel 3:

History of Japanese Rock/Pop Music (6:15-7:15pm)

and

Japanese Modern Rock Music (7:15-8:15pm)

Come learn about some awesome music and get some free CD's, too. Hope to see you all there!

So many exciting panels... I definitely want to see "How To Heckle, Bad Anime Good", and there are a few others that will depend on what my larp schedule ends up being.

I'm guessing these are the same people who did this panel at Katsucon (since the title of the panel is the same) so I highly recommend to people to go see "Kimonos: You're doin it wrong". The couple who did the panel at Katsucon were incredible! I also highly recommend Uncle Yo- I saw him at Zenkaikon a couple years ago and he is hilarious.

I'm curious about the AniMyu panel. Does anyone know which group exactly this is, and whether it's a discussion or a performance?

These panels look awesome! I'm especially psyched for the music based panels (you know I'm there) and the Host Club panel - I like that there are a couple devoted to photo posing too. Not only because I'd like to be cosplaying next year, but I could sort of use some work on being more photogenic period. ^^; Heh. Have to admit the Ultimate Hellsing panel title gave me a giggle.

Well, provided some of these panels don't conflict with each other, these are a few of the ones I'm interested in checking out:

- JTA Presents - Travel to Japan

- Budget Tokyo Travel

- Gaijin in Japan: A Real Taste of Tokyo!

- How to Become a Ninja in 1 Hour (caught the tail end of it last year; am curious to hear the full presentation this time around)

- How to Become a Samurai in 1 Hour

- Intro to Learning Japanese for Otaku

- Living with Kami: Shinto

Kimonos: You're doin it wrong

I'm definitely going to that one because I am indeed doin it wrong. xD

I guess I'll join in the panel pimping,

If you're a fan of Japanese dramas or just highly interested in this spectrum of Japanese entertainment, then come by Panel Room 2 Friday night at 8:45pm for the Ins and Out of Japanese Dramas. Come join us at this visual heavy discussion about the industry, the genres, the fandom, and how this small niche has now become larger than ever in Western Fandom.

Following that panel at 10:00 (or earlier) is Johnny's World: A Look into Johnnys & Associates in the same panel room Friday night. This is a one hour look at the biggest all-male talent agency in Japan that pretty much owns the Japanese entertainment industry. There's a 9 out of 10 show that everyone has been exposed to a Johnny's talent either through anime, dramas, movies, or anything else! So come by and finally get to know what Johnny's is all about.

To everyone who is hosting a panel, please keep up the "panel pimping."

Since we have no idea when they are going to release the descriptions,

this is a great way to get the word out about your panel.

How long does it take to get an email response from the panels department? I'm very nervous because our panel time conflicts.. one of our panelists is arriving Friday morning and registering at the con. There's no way he'd have his badge in time for our panel and its really unfair to him if we re-write the script and take him off of it since he is important to us.

Well in that case...

Viga the Otagal pimp panel 2009!

The Yaoi-ing Game

Day: Friday, 7/17/09

Time: 1100PM - 1200AM

A game show all about yaoi! Come see if you are a true fujoshi or another self proclaimed pairing fangirl. The audience is encouraged to SQUEE, AWWWW, and can participate for little prizes. That way not only the contestants have a chance but you do too!

Otaku TV

Day: Saturday, 7/18/09

Time: 430PM - 530PM

A video panel all about anime about anime fans. Lets get meta as we see our favorite medium acting like we do.

Genshiken: The Panel of Modern Visual Culture

Day: Saturday, 7/18/09

Time: 545PM - 645PM

A panel that is part video, part info and part disscussion about the anime Genshiken. A must see for Genshiken fans. A great supplement to Otaku TV.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Celebrating 30 Years

Day: Friday, 7/17/09

Time: 10:45AM - 12:45PM

Whether you are a new fan or old, you are encouraged to come learn about the history and future of one of Japan's biggest franchises.

Think you already know everything about Gundam? Then play in our game show for sweet prizes! (toys, shirts, etc)

Are there burning questions you need answers to? Ask us anything.

We are really excited for the 30th anniversary year and want to welcome everyone to see what it's all about.

EDIT: posted this in the other thread, sorry.

Lunar: Past, Present, Future? *.* Oh, please be what I think it is...

Hey guys.

I am definitely excited for this year's panels line up for Otakon!

I have a couple of panels that are running this year, which are back from last year!

Budget Tokyo Travel (formerly "Tokyo Travel on a Budget" 2008)

Panel 1 - Friday

3:15 PM - 4:15 PM

Our team will go over the ins and outs of making a trip to Tokyo happen without spending outrageous amounts of money!

J-Music 101: Introduction to the Japanese Music Industry (formerly "JPOP 101" 2007 and 2008)

Panel 1 - Friday

4:30 PM - 5:30 PM

An introduction into the world of mainstream Japanese music, where we will obviously introduce various artists from many different genres. This is the same stuff you will hear that is already being promoted and on top of the current charts in Japan. Geared for audiences who are either familiar or unfamiliar with J-Music!

Hope you guys can make it to my panels!

Off Topic: Just wanted to give a shout to Rob who was there last year for my music panel. I apologize for not making it to your panel due to other commitments and circumstances. I will definitely shoot you an email soon if you wanna meet up and plan things!