Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blitz the Comic Guy

"Am I the only one who likes this?"

WOW! More Shingu fans!Ya'll have made me quite happy... though now I feel like I need to mention something else since that previous post no longer seems valid :P

Has anyone else seen a manga/anime series from the late '90s called Kurogane Communication? It's about a girl in a post-apoalyptic future who lives witha surogate family of robots. I've yet to see the anime adaptation (which I believe came to the states several years ago) but the manga's a very fun read.

Im sure someone has heard of Case Closed and/or Trigun?

Those are my all time favourites. :3

I love Nabari. ^_^

Although I know a lot of people are familiar with them, I never hear about X or Tokyo Babylon anymore. Not enough people know about 07 Ghost, Pandora Hearts, Kuroshitsuji, Franken Fran, DOGS, Baccano, or Toradora.

I was just cruising Youtube, and I found Rainie Yang. I dunno if she's popular...Anyone like her?

Trigun I've heard of but never seen.

Case Closed: Best... anime... ever, IMO

This thread makes me feel ancient. I remember when Trigun, Nadesico, and a few of the other titles were HOT back 10 or so years ago give and take. @_@

Anyhoo, my obscure lists:

Manga:

Obscure OLD Clamp titles such as Duklyon, Tokyo Babylon, RG Veda, Clover, and Man of Many Faces.

Appare Jipangu! by Yuu Watase

Kaiken Phrase

Rose of Versailles

Kodomo no Omocha

Anime:

Kodomo no Omocha

Maze

Kaiken Phrase

Lost Universe

Mermaid's Scar

Mermaid's Forest

St. Seiya

Samurai Troppers (NOT Ronin Warriors)

Rose of Versailles

Akazumi Cha Cha

Trigun I've heard of but never seen.

Case Closed: Best... anime... ever, IMO

This thread makes me feel ancient. I remember when Trigun, Nadesico, and a few of the other titles were HOT back 10 or so years ago give and take. @_@

Anyhoo, my obscure lists:

Manga:

Obscure OLD Clamp titles such as Duklyon, Tokyo Babylon, RG Veda, Clover, and Man of Many Faces.

Appare Jipangu! by Yuu Watase

Kaiken Phrase

Rose of Versailles

Kodomo no Omocha

Anime:

Kodomo no Omocha

Maze

Kaiken Phrase

Lost Universe

Mermaid's Scar

Mermaid's Forest

St. Seiya

Samurai Troppers (NOT Ronin Warriors)

Rose of Versailles

Akazumi Cha Cha

I really enjoyed an anime called "REC" but it's very unknown.

I'm also a fan of Hatenkou Yugi, the manga at least, but not known at all really x.x.

And though it's not all that unknown, I rarely meet anyone else who actually liked Sukisho =(.

I have never met a single person who has liked Super GALS! without me showing to them first. I have converted a couple, even my girlfriend, but never met anyone who has liked it before then.

I have never met a single person who has liked Super GALS! without me showing to them first. I have converted a couple, even my girlfriend, but never met anyone who has liked it before then.

My obscure list of anime/manga that I love

Manga:

Bokurano

Shadow Star Naru Taru

Pluto

Boku ni natta Watashi

Bitter Virgin

Mars

Elfen Lied ......... it was a wild ride, so I have mixed feelings about this one

Solanin

Emma afterstories and Shirley

Otaku no musume-san

Bakuman

Anime:

Sorcerer Hunters

Library Wars/Toshokan Sensou

Freedom

Genshiken

Kamikaze kaitou jeanne

Scrapped Princess

Ping Pong Club

Manga:

Bokurano

Shadow Star Naru Taru

Pluto

Boku ni natta Watashi

Bitter Virgin

Mars

Elfen Lied ......... it was a wild ride, so I have mixed feelings about this one

Solanin

Otaku no musume-san

Bakuman

Anime:

Sorcerer Hunters

Freedom

Genshiken

Kamikaze kaitou jeanne

Scrapped Princess

Ping Pong Club

Manga:

Bokurano

Shadow Star Naru Taru

Pluto

Boku ni natta Watashi

Bitter Virgin

Mars

Solanin

Otaku no musume-san

Bakuman

Anime:

Sorcerer Hunters

Freedom

Genshiken

Kamikaze kaitou jeanne

Scrapped Princess

Ping Pong Club

I've read Pluto, Bitter Virgin, Elfe Lied and Otaku no Musume-san. I especially love Pluto. It's really well done.

I've also watched some of Scrapped Princess. Pretty good ^^

Ok so here's my list of obscure things...hopefully they're not too random lol.

Manga:

Bastard!

Dance In the Vampire Bund

Anime:

Gestalt (I'm pissed cause I can't find this dvd now grrrr and this is fricken awesome)

Legend of Himiko

Hyper Dolls

KO beasts

Strange Love

Most of this very short list I only have a couple dvds but I'm still looking. Most of them are very amusing just to watch.

Manga:

Bokurano

Shadow Star Naru Taru

Pluto

Boku ni natta Watashi

Bitter Virgin

Mars

Solanin

Otaku no musume-san

Bakuman

Anime:

Sorcerer Hunters

Freedom

Genshiken

Kamikaze kaitou jeanne

Scrapped Princess

Ping Pong Club

Sorcerer Hunters is one of my favorite anime ever. Same with Genshiken though I prefer the manga for what they call the second season. The first season was amazing. I've seen a little of Ping Pong Club and would like to see more if I could ever find it.

As for your manga I am only reading the last two on your list and I like them both. I am actually really excited that Bakuman got picked up to become an anime next fall.

How about Hoshin Engi/Soul Hunter? Anyone here read/seen this? My best friend had gotten it and let me borrow it. It had some terrible V/O for some of the characters, and it liked to jump time with no notice in the beginning. Granted, that was in the anime, I haven't read the manga, which might handle he passage o time better. Other than these two things though, it was pretty awesome.

It had some seriously cool characters, like Raishinshi, Ko Tenka and Nataku, who seem to be almost beggin to be cosplayed. I'd love to cosplay Ko Tenka, actually, but am afraid it would be a little too obscure.

Manga:

Bokurano

Shadow Star Naru Taru

Pluto

Boku ni natta Watashi

Bitter Virgin

Mars

Solanin

Otaku no musume-san

Bakuman

Anime:

Sorcerer Hunters

Freedom

Genshiken

Kamikaze kaitou jeanne

Scrapped Princess

Ping Pong Club

Sorcerer Hunters is one of my favorite anime ever. Same with Genshiken though I prefer the manga for what they call the second season. The first season was amazing. I've seen a little of Ping Pong Club and would like to see more if I could ever find it.

As for your manga I am only reading the last two on your list and I like them both. I am actually really excited that Bakuman got picked up to become an anime next fall.

That means you were older than I was when I first watched Sorcerer Hunters. I was still in middle school. But Carrot made that show for me. I was super freaking happy when I found a used box set of it for 20 bucks at a used DVD store.

I noticed that not too many people are really into the sports anime. There is the popular Slam Dunk, Eyeshield 21, and Big Windup. But I never hear people talk about Whistle, Major, or some other ones.

Personally my I have a big list of favorite sports anime.

Whistle

Major

Capeta

Over Drive

Buzzer Beater

Ganba Fly High

That means you were older than I was when I first watched Sorcerer Hunters. I was still in middle school. But Carrot made that show for me. I was super freaking happy when I found a used box set of it for 20 bucks at a used DVD store.

Where's the love for Yankee-kun to Megane-chan? That's one I wish was being published in English... ^_^

Where's the love for Yankee-kun to Megane-chan? That's one I wish was being published in English... ;)

Paniponi Dash?

Best Student Council

Negima

Kenichi the Mightiest Disciple

Blood: the Last Vampire

to name a few ones I've seen recently.

Where's the love for Yankee-kun to Megane-chan? That's one I wish was being published in English... ;)

You can find scanlations of that series here: One Manga.com

Utawarerumono

One Outs

Tower of Druaga

Kino's Journey

Dual! Parallel Trouble

El Hazard

These are my favorite animes and I feel like I am the only one who has watched them.

Skip Beat

Durarara!

And Bakemonogatari :3

Utawarerumono

One Outs

Tower of Druaga

Kino's Journey

Dual! Parallel Trouble

El Hazard

These are my favorite animes and I feel like I am the only one who has watched them.

I am also in love with Durarara. I love catching all the little Baccano! things in there too.

Though one of my favorite lines was something about please don't use gas in the van again. And in a later episode actually finding out what Dota-chin meant.

Why does no one like +anima!?

Its my all time favorite manga!

It SHOULD be an anime but it isn't popular enough!!

Its not fair... 8(

And another thing.

Why does it seem like no one cares for the original Dragon Ball series?

Everybody either loves DBZ or hates GT. (I'm both.)

I mean... i know its older but i think its the best out of them all.

UWAH!,

Len

Why does no one like +anima!?

Its my all time favorite manga!

It SHOULD be an anime but it isn't popular enough!!

Its not fair... 8(

And another thing.

Why does it seem like no one cares for the original Dragon Ball series?

Everybody either loves DBZ or hates GT. (I'm both.)

I mean... i know its older but i think its the best out of them all.

UWAH!,

Len

I was always under the impression that Loveless had a pretty huge fandom. Then again, I like yaoi, and it seems like the yaoi fangirls all squee over it. I could never get past the stupidity of the cat ears thing so I never bothered. (Also, it's by the same mangaka as Earthian, and I HATED Earthian.)

I'm also one of the only yaoi fans in existence who hated Gravitation XD

LOL, but I love bara. Maybe I should just post that. A whole genre nobody likes in the US! So sad!

I really like the Fist of the North Star movie and series. It's an older show that I believe newer anime fans have seen any of it. Also, any of Leiji Matsumoto's work is phenomenal.

I really like the Fist of the North Star movie and series. It's an older show that I believe newer anime fans have seen any of it. Also, any of Leiji Matsumoto's work is phenomenal.

Adieu Galaxy Express 999 was one of the first movies I had watched. Actually it was still one of the first anime that I watched and I love it. One day I need to get around to finding all of the 999 movies as well as The Harlock Saga.

Adieu Galaxy Express 999 was one of the first movies I had watched. Actually it was still one of the first anime that I watched and I love it. One day I need to get around to finding all of the 999 movies as well as The Harlock Saga.

When I first started reading manga, Kodocha, Maramalade Boy, and Mars were a few of the manga's I first read. I loved all of them, especially Kodocha and Mars. Because of them, I have a soft spot for old school looking anime/manga.

Does anybody here watch Angel Beats or Eyeshield 21?

I wasn't really interested in Angel Beats, but Eyeshield 21 I watched and read. But then again I've watched or read most of the sports anime and manga.

I read and enjoyed about 12-13 volumes of the Eyeshield 21 manga. I heard the anime wasn't that good, but it seems to be up on Crunchyroll so I might give it a chance.

I was kind of surprised I could get into a manga about football. Didn't make real football any more interesting, though = )

I never really was into sports manga but Eyeshield seems really nice ^^ it's funny and nice to watch.

I haven't watched Angel Beats yet [i plan to finish all 13 episodes before Otakon though] but I heard lots and lots of good reviews about it :3

Does anybody know if Skip Beat is going to have a season 2?