Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

onsenmark

One WEEK Until Otakon 2009!

Must... finish... panel... PowerPoint... (actually, I'm mostly done now, but still.)

I'm at that "so excited I can't sleep well" stage = / Good lord, I'm nearly 27 and I still get all hyper before a con...

Geeze now its 6 days... Good thing i am 98% ready. Not procrastinating actually fun.

5 days and change now. I SHOULD have enough time to get ready, if I'm lucky...

So excited! I'm looking forward to a great and fun filled weekend. Only pressing thing left is to dye my hair since I got my internship for fall.

What I need to do for Artist Alley:

~ Draw 5-6 characters' faces per series for 5-6 more series (I finished my Shugo Chara ones entirely within the past 7 hours and I've done other things, too...)

~ Ink, scan, color all 30-42 faces

~ Print onto shrinky-dinks

~ Shop for charm straps and earring wires (can't believe I ran out of those)

~ Shrink shrinky-dinks and make into charms, pins, charm braacelets

~ Print. Almost everything. Plus everything for my tablemates.

~ Pack!

~ See Harry Potter 6.

That's it, but it's a lot. It's also fun work, so I'm excited.

For the first year ever I'm entering art in the Art Show so I still need to finish THAT along with one major costume detail that I've been procrastinating on. Next Thursday will have me on the road almost all day -- not because Baltimore is far away (it's not) but because I have to pick a friend up from the train station about 45 minutes away and then pick my brother up and THEN drive to Baltimore to pick up our badges, have some sushi with friends, drop off stuff off at the Artist's Alley and head back home.

Buuuut I still have this Friday-Monday to work before the con so I'm pretty sure the true excitement will set in on Monday night. :lol:

6 days until Otakon!!!!!

Just realized how unexpectedly busy I'm going to be between now and Thursday with helping my sister move, so it looks like I'll have no choice but to do the last minute scramble to get ready :lol:.

I've gotta get a few more things this morning(one item for my cosplay, and a few other things I have to bring up with me), and that should be it for that. After that, it's just getting ready to pack, make sure I have enough smokes to last me the weekend, make sure I have all my food with me, make sure at least one of my camera's batteries is charged up, and prolly some other stuff I'm forgetting...

Yeah, small things, but there are so many of them...

OTAKON OTAKON OTAKON OTAKON O_O... I've started packing some things yesterday, and will continue grabbing stuff from my parent's place this weekend.... OTAKON OTAKON OTAKON OTAKON!!!

The parrot and I are heading to my parents' house this weekend, and I'll depart [from there] for Baltimore on Thursday morning.

Must remember to pack all three Ota-shirts @__@

Also must remember to pack, in no particular order:

- sundress

- sweater for wearing over sundress

- socks and proper shoes, since I'm not spending the weekend in the same tiny room

- cash and card(s)

- phone charger

- cookies for roommates

I have everything together, my plans actually go into motion Tuesday night. I unload the car, get little sleep Tuesday night on purpose so I can sleep Wednesday night. Wednesday run through the last check list to make sure I have everything, go to bed early/ Get up Thursday at 4am load the car, top off the car with gas, and be on the road by 5am. Get to Baltimore by 2pm find parking, check into the hotel, wait in the prereg line. Then relax in the hotel's hottub.

All the money is already set aside. Got the food, plates/plastic ware, sleeping supplies (cot and sleeping bag).

Now that I'm on vacation from work, time just seems to be going at a snails pace!

Now that I'm on vacation from work, time just seems to be going at a snails pace!

It is why I don't start a vacation much before the actual convention. I would rather be working on day job things than waiting for the con. I do know Tuesday (the slowest work day of my week) will seem very long indeed.

It is why I don't start a vacation much before the actual convention. I would rather be working on day job things than waiting for the con. I do know Tuesday (the slowest work day of my week) will seem very long indeed.

I have to agree with the whole "Work makes time before Otakon go faster" approach...but I don't think there's a single person on this board who would rather be at work than the beach.

I'd rather be at home prepping for the con than at work! Still so much to do. o__o

Silly mortgage, why must I pay you. ;___;

I made a "Things To Do Before the Con" list; it's filled with such excitement as cleaning out my car. *fist pump* I'm also obsessively figuring up expenses and how much I should bring, how much I should leave, whether or not I'll be able to make it to my next check with what I'm planning (answer: yes).

Also! Working. Blah. XD

I know... I'm so excited, We're only one week away before the convention of the otaku generation, the wrestlemania of anime conventions, the superbowl of anime conventions, the world series of anime conventions, Otakon 2009. I get so fired up each day it's closer and it's an amazing feeling that I can't explain, you have to be there to feel it, I've been going for 8 years straight and it gets better every year. From the autograph signings, to the game room, to the masquerade, this event has it all for everyone. It's pressure, but it's that good kind of pressure. Otakon 2007 was the biggest moment of my life, when I entered the masquerade as Link, there were over 10,000 people in that room, and when I played my ocarina, the audience stood in awe.

Oh, yeah; note to self. Remember to pick up Mad Libs. Determined to bring something fun for the car ride/lines this year, especially since my MP3 player crapped out AS I was on the Friday registration line last year. I'm coming prepared this time!

I'd rather be at home prepping for the con than at work! Still so much to do. o__o

Silly mortgage, why must I pay you. ;___;

It's the FINAL COUNTDOWN!!!!!!! Who's ready for Otakon 2009!!!!!!! Every year 22,000 people from around the world flock to the baltimore convention center for the biggest convention on the east coast. Thiss will be my 8th Otakon and I look forward to it every year, it's almost like the superbowl, wrestlemania, the world series all rolled into one big event.

I just realized I'll likely be working every day next week until the con. Here's to hoping I can get Thursday off somehow so I can actually sleep before my flight down @____@

I just realized I'll likely be working every day next week until the con. Here's to hoping I can get Thursday off somehow so I can actually sleep before my flight down @____@

So many plans...I, myself, am extremely busy as well...you have no idea how hard it is to sit here and try to beat the second championship game in Mario Golf for Gameboy Color...it's hard work, I tell you...

Naah, actually, I'm sitting here playing video games with my laptop in my lap because I'm procrastinating...I NEED to clean up my room AND the guest room because my friend and her mom will be staying over at my house next Friday night...but...I just don't want to do it...do you even know what could live under that huge pile of clothes that I call my floor?

I took my best friend out today to get her costume stuff. She got her parts for her Luigi costume, as well as a wig she needed real bad. So thankfully she's almost ready for the con!

I still need to finish a few small touches on my coustume... and see if I can find a replacement prop for the one that the mail ATE. DX

I'm driving down Thursday afternoon from West Virginia, so my ride isn't as long as some other peoples.... only four-five hours depending on traffic. Last year at Otakon I just drove back and forth because it was cheaper for me! (Oh, money, why must you be so hard to come by?)

Guuuuu... so my plan is basically to read Sherlock Holmes and play lots of video games while I wait for the con to arrive. I'm trying to sound boring to hold back how key-spammingly excited I am.

Oh Otakon.

Why must I continue to wait?

Only a few things left to do for me. I have to do some last minute packing, and get some more manga to read when I stand in lines. Why can't time move just a little faster. Its so close!!!

Edit: Also have to remember to pack my ah my goddess dvd and advent children complete dvd to get signed.

I took my best friend out today to get her costume stuff. She got her parts for her Luigi costume, as well as a wig she needed real bad. So thankfully she's almost ready for the con!

Yeah yeah yeah, but there's a weekend to be had before the next, and this coming weekend to me feels so calm, almost eerie in a way. Some good news for ya, though. I saw the 11 Insta-Weather Plus forecast, and right now it's looking like mid 80's and dry from both Thursday & Friday! Nothing on the weekend yet, but that would relieve so many worried about storms in the area, especially what happened last year. See ya soon!

Yeah, the general area around Baltimore has been really freakin' dry for the past week...no storms in sight for about a week or so...it's been super nice...calling for storms tomorrow, though, but meh. S'long as the weather gets the rain out of its system this weekend, I'm fine with it.

Yeah, the general area around Baltimore has been really freakin' dry for the past week...no storms in sight for about a week or so...it's been super nice...calling for storms tomorrow, though, but meh. S'long as the weather gets the rain out of its system this weekend, I'm fine with it.

I'm not even close to being ready. I'm still waiting for the final piece of my Friday cosplay to come in, I need to finish a few pieces for the other costumes, and then the packing process begins. My boyfriend and I will be driving from PA to DE and then to Baltimore on Thursday...and then its gofer orientation for me. I'm excited but just worried that I won't get everything finished on time O.o.

There will be very little sleep til Otakon...and during Otakon lol.

Coffee is gonna be your best friend, isn't it?:)

Yeah...maybe just a little bit. O.o At least my hoodie came in today, so I'm pretty sure I'll get everything done. Just trying to get back to a semi-normal/decent sleep pattern, so that I'm not a zombie-gofer with an unsatiable appetite for coffee/caffeine-rich beverages lol. I plan on scheduling in a nap before orientation (and I'm only 25...geez.)

I'm in this crazy sleep pattern where I can't sleep until 6 AM. It's not good...like, I wake up at about 4 PM and go to bed at 6 AM...last night was kind of not my fault though...had to play a few rounds of golf...*shakes fist at Mario Golf*

I lived in Baltimore all my life and this is the first time I get to go to Otakon. The internet is saying weather should be in the mid to low 80s all weekend. Which is good for me since I'll be in heavy Gothic Lolita petticoats! :D

I have to agree with the whole "Work makes time before Otakon go faster" approach...but I don't think there's a single person on this board who would rather be at work than the beach.

Sadly, and somewhat surprisingly even to myself, I'll take that bet.

Sadly, and somewhat surprisingly even to myself, I'll take that bet.

I just finished my cosplay. I just need to use an iron. ^^

5 days until Otakon!

Don't Panic...don't panic....don't.....

ok.....

PANIC!!!!!!

lol

I'm in this crazy sleep pattern where I can't sleep until 6 AM. It's not good...like, I wake up at about 4 PM and go to bed at 6 AM...last night was kind of not my fault though...had to play a few rounds of golf...*shakes fist at Mario Golf*

Now that the tennis thing is over...and one more practice session tomorrow...I guess I will feel the excitement coming up soon...LOL

I'm actually downtown right now! It feels so empty (well..sort of.)