Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

onsenmark

One WEEK Until Otakon 2009!

I hate when it gets this close to otakon, because I run out of stuff to do. I get so excited for it, that I start doing stuff a week ahead. All I really have to do now is finish packing/get gas/and clean up my house before I leave. Thats it!

I hate when it gets this close to otakon, because I run out of stuff to do. I get so excited for it, that I start doing stuff a week ahead. All I really have to do now is finish packing/get gas/and clean up my house before I leave. Thats it!

My biggest thing now is trying not to forget stuff. Last con i went to, I forgot to bring real shoes (like tennis shoes) so i was stuck with either construction boots from my costume or flip flops that i drove to the con with. And trust me sandals are a scary thing to wear at a rave...

My biggest thing now is trying not to forget stuff. Last con i went to, I forgot to bring real shoes (like tennis shoes) so i was stuck with either construction boots from my costume or flip flops that i drove to the con with. And trust me sandals are a scary thing to wear at a rave...

Still to do:

- sell extra stuff, turn in aluminum cans for extra pocket change

- Get through work tonight, tomorrow night, and possibly Wednesday afternoon

- Separate snacks/foods into baggies for each day

- charge any electronics that need it(and at least one camera battery)

- Get all my music back on my Zune

- Load of laundry

- PACK!

Keep in mind, that's not in any particular order. Gah, I'm gonna be busy the next couple days...

Whoo!!!! It's Monday already!!! I have my spending money with me and I just need to pack clothes and my power strip and I'll be all ready to go on Thursday. Thursday I'll be heading over to the Inner Harbor Best Buy to get me a DSi and a PSP-3000 to use during Otakon.

One week from today I will be back @ work @ my desk in Zombie Sleep Deprived mode... :D

so any folks heading from NJ? I know the anime fans are out there, just cant seem to find any lol

So yeah, I actually do have a lot of stuff still to do:

1) Get a haircut

2) Carwash

3) Get some reasonably healthy snacks

4) Laundry

5) More laundry

6) Clean the apartment

7) Get some practice time w/SF4 and Blazblue

8) Pack

9) Work half-day Thursday

10) Get gas

11) Leave for Otakon :D

Perhaps by making this list I'll even remember to do all of this...

One week from today I will be back @ work @ my desk in Zombie Sleep Deprived mode... :D

That's why I always take the Monday after Otakon off :P.

Still trying to get all the laundry done here. I don't cosplay so I have to come up with some decent outfits. >> And I'm just really really antsy.

After working at Otakon this coming weekend and leaving the Monday after to drive back to Canadaland, I have exactly Tuesday to get ready for San Diego Comic-con before I leave on the Wednesday.

Ha thats a good one not to forget, the multiple thing's I've forgotten to pack include charger for camera and cell, forgot toilettres one year had to find a store that had some near by, contact for my friend with the room information, went an entire weekend one con wandering around a hotel good thing it was 24hr things going on :\ Never found my friend till sunday.

I'm sitting here making a list of what I need to pack...and I'm keeping it with me in case I think of anything...because I know if I think of something and I don't write it down, I will NEVER remember it...I can't even remember everything I need sitting here now...it'll come to me eventually.

I just hit up the stores and stockpiled on glowsticks, necklaces, and bracelets. My to-do list is completed. Well I do have to do laundry so I have clothes to wear but that's kind of a given.

Anyone got those pre-otakon jitters yet?

Now that the tennis thing is out of the way, I will say this -

YES!!!!

I'm actually going out tomorrow and doing things for my cosplay.

Someone gimme a "Hell yeah!" for getting things done.

Other than tightening up plans and last minute costume things, the final things I do is try to get as IC as I can :D (haven't watched YYH, GitS, OR Pokemon in forever...)

Sooo...I'm curious. Does anyone have any tips for me? I've never tried to put more people than I reserved for in a room...

48 Hours until Otakon!

I work today (hope I can get off early) and I arranged to have tomorrow off to do last minute prepping. Thank goodness I did too, because I am nowhere near ready. I still need to do some sewing, a bit of painting, and half my packing.

Heading to my last work day till i can offically say i am readying for the con. Doh i am already late for it though... XD

I just spent my entire night fixing up these for my cosplay. This afternoon before my 4p-12:30a shift I have to run out and get spray and fabric paint and maybe a white t-shirt, and bring my little seamstress over to get the sewing done for the rest of my arm AND FINISH MY COSPLAY ALL IN ONE DAY! :D

But right now, it's nap time. @___@

I just spent my entire night fixing up these for my cosplay. This afternoon before my 4p-12:30a shift I have to run out and get spray and fabric paint and maybe a white t-shirt, and bring my little seamstress over to get the sewing done for the rest of my arm AND FINISH MY COSPLAY ALL IN ONE DAY! :D

But right now, it's nap time. @___@

My living room is currently piled five feet high with Otakon crap -- guest suite supplies, badges, biz card cases, bottled water, etc. and I still have shopping to do. I have stuff to fax out today, and stuff to call people about. Tonight we pick up the minivans and translators start arriving. Tomorrow it's getting all the stuff from the storage room and setting everything up.

By the time you guys arrive, I've been in Baltimore for a couple of very LONG days.

My living room is currently piled five feet high with Otakon crap -- guest suite supplies, badges, biz card cases, bottled water, etc. and I still have shopping to do. I have stuff to fax out today, and stuff to call people about. Tonight we pick up the minivans and translators start arriving. Tomorrow it's getting all the stuff from the storage room and setting everything up.

By the time you guys arrive, I've been in Baltimore for a couple of very LONG days.

Last minute shopping for toiletries and snacks today.

And I also need to stop by work and speak with personnel because one of the managers was supposed to give me Friday off and I don't know if he fixed it.

Well, I can't go to work Friday even if they don't gimme the day off. Unless Walmart wants to compensate me for a flight back so I can work my shift. *falls on floor*

(In other words, if they don't give me the day off they can kiss my arse. I'm not missing this for the world!)

And this is one of the reasons why I don't volunteer :D

It isn't nearly that bad until you get to the department head or section chief level. Last year I was a Captain and didn't have nearly as much stress/things to do as I do this year.

I keep thinking that I've forgotten something for Otakon and it's getting on my nerves.

Still to do:

-Get through work tonight

-Finish Fulbright preapp (oh god so much stress!)

-Laundry!

-Pack clothes

-Travel home (since I'm currently at my college)

-Buy snacks

-Pack up car with stuff and food and friends on Thursday and GO!!!!

Can it please be Thursday now? ;_;

No if it was thursday now I would have missed my flight and be stuck with no Otakon.

I still have to pack and find a safe way to store my nori eyebrows for travel.

I find it funny that there's 2 days until Otakon and I'm STILL procrastinating on getting my costumes done. Something tells me I'm bringing sewing needles into the Pre-reg line.

Less than 24 hours until I'm on a bus heading for Baltimore.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, crap.

My to do list currently consists of:

*Get through one more shift of day job and one shift of night job

*Pack

*Charge/buy batteries

*Convert more videos for Zune in case of long lines

*Find a wig for my costume

Thankfully I only live about 15 minutes from the BCC (unless I take public transport, which then takes me forever), so I can procrastinate a bit before leaving to go to the hotel. I haven't been able to think about much else besides Otakon the past two days, and it's actually made the work days go by faster.

Speaking of Zunes, I'm in the midst of trying to get music back onto mine before I leave; I'm up to the letter G as I type. XD

I need to:

- shop for some snacks by going to my fave market, Trader Joe's

- Buy a garment bag for my cosplay

- make sure I have some $1 in my wallet for the MARC train, lightrail train, B30 bus, and metro train :lol:;

- clean my bedroom so have a clean place to come back to - in particular, making space on my manga shelf

God, I won't be able to concentrate at work! I'll just be looking at the clock every 5mins

Finished packing one suitcase.... and I have less than 26 hours before I'm up getting ready to run out the door to catch my flight to otakon. Ahhhh so excited

Currently trying to fall asleep and failing. Hurray for iPhone so I don't have to get out of bed.

I Have about 24 hours till I hop on a car and drive to Baltimore with my friends. :3 Until then, I still have some last minute preparations to do such as finishing packing my luggage, making sure I have enough money..etc.

I know I won't be sleeping the night before that's for sure XD

Just got back from seeing Harry Potter...aah, good movie.

Anyway, yeah, 2 more days for me. It's getting here. Plan to relax for the next 2 days, if mum'll let me.

24 hours! ONE DAY LEFT UNTIL OTAKON!!!!!!!!!! GET READY BALTIMORE!!!!!!!