Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LadySkellington

Cab Rates

Having never needed to take a taxi in Baltimore before, I don't know their rates...Does anyone know? Or have an estimate? I can't remember the last time I was in a cab and I would like to at least have a vague idea before I have to hop in one.

Last year when my friends and I stayed at the Microtel (in Linthicum Heights - about 7 miles from the BCC ), we ended up having to take a cab from the BCC back to our hotel. I'm not sure of the rate, but all together each trip was between $30-$35.

Great resource, Otaku Ru.

BCC to most of the nearby hotels: $5-$8. BCC to Pier 6 Area Hotels: $8-10. BCC to Fells Point: $10-12.

I always estimate a $10 ride anywhere in the immediate area; it's usually less so it feels like I'm ahead of the game.

Remember kids: Estimate high, Spend Low.

Make sure you watch the cabbies, by the way. One guy tried to scam us last year; he drove us from the hotel to the greyhound station, but we didn't notice that he didn't have a running meeter until we were about 3/4 of the way there. Asked him how much it was, and he told us $20 (we took a cab from greyhound to the hotel a few days ago, and it cost about $15). Luckily we were gonna give him $20 anyway, including tip, so we basically didn't tip him... I hate taxis >>

Here's a tip: Ask them how much it will be before you get in.

For example, ask "How much to go from here to the Tremont Plaza?". They should be able to give you a rough idea.

Here's a tip: Ask them how much it will be before you get in.

For example, ask "How much to go from here to the Tremont Plaza?". They should be able to give you a rough idea.

Hey thanks for all the help. I'm staying with a friend who lives close-ish to the convention center, and I want to take a cab to avoid walking at night. I'd be with at least two other people at all times, so I feel good (: I'm also pretty sure it's not too far, so it shouldn't be pricey. And Yes Otaku Ru that website is indeed awesome.

Great resource, Otaku Ru.

BCC to most of the nearby hotels: $5-$8. BCC to Pier 6 Area Hotels: $8-10. BCC to Fells Point: $10-12.

I always estimate a $10 ride anywhere in the immediate area; it's usually less so it feels like I'm ahead of the game.

Remember kids: Estimate high, Spend Low.

Please take that advice... I had a cab driver try to charge me $20 because he: 1 Knew I was a tourist, and 2 Thought I didnt't know where he was supposed to be going, and then he decided to drive around for about 10 minutes in all directions. I got out of the cab and handed him $6(roughly the same amount I paid the last 3 times I took the same ride). He got a real nasty attitude but lucky the doorman came over to see what was the problem and the cab driver took off. Now not all the drivers are like that... that was one case out of maybe 5 or 6 cab rides I took that weekend but it doesnt hurt to be careful.