Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dither

Just a few more hours!

I can't believe there's only a few hours left! I'm going through my checklist, making sure everything is packed, finding out last minute ride arrangements, and setting my alarm!

What's everyone's last minute tasks, and why are you procrastinating by reading the forums? :(

I can't believe there's only a few hours left! I'm going through my checklist, making sure everything is packed, finding out last minute ride arrangements, and setting my alarm!

What's everyone's last minute tasks, and why are you procrastinating by reading the forums? :(

*has 2 more days to procrastinate. =D*

Y'know, everyone from the old thread just sorta migrates over here. xD

doing stuff early is fun. And/or already having my costume done, also helped.

Yep, I agree there. I started my costume back in September of last year. Didn't get it finished until last month, but I got it done. Gave me lots of time to procrastinate, because I always do.

I have everything all packed and managed to get all my cosplay items/ props finished , just waiting for my boyfriend to get here and then I've gotta get snacks and all ready for tomorrow :( Also going to try to get a decent night's rest.

Yep, I agree there. I started my costume back in September of last year. Didn't get it finished until last month, but I got it done. Gave me lots of time to procrastinate, because I always do.

I...procrastinate, like I said. xD It took me about 4 or 5 months after I finished my mask to actually bother putting the straps on to keep the mask on. Yes. I procrastinate for 4 or 5 months at a time. xD

Just trying to survive the terror of possibly not getting all the various little errands and such that need doing before heading up tomorrow afternoon ... but at least the giddiness is finally gone!

I'm so anxious!!! I really don't have anything to do at this point. I have to wait til morning to see if my costumes got here, and I'm basically packed........what to do now...

I have been working for 7 days straight, tomorrow is day 8. I am so looking forward to Otakon. This will be my first weekend off in about a year, and it will be a weekend of awesome.

I don't actually have many last minute things to do this year. I've got to make sure I've got all my bits of costume together, print out directions to get to Orpheus for friday, pack up my dolls, and then...get some sleep so I can go help with setting everything up for the arrival of the masses. (Can I just say how much I love living within walking distance of the con center? No long drives or bus rides for me. -_- )

I'm pretty much packed up and ready to go! -_- I leave tomorrow morning with my friends so I'm just checking to see if I have everything I need and all the products I'm selling at artist alley. <3

All packed except toiletries, yey!~

Probably getting to my Hotel around 3 tomorrow, and then getting in line immediately after! Now I have nothing better to do than to read these forums and check my facebook every 30 seconds or so!

ahaha...... yes.

DAMN IT! I'M STILL SICK! YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO STILL BE SICK BY THE TIME OTAKON COMES! D;

*gloom*

Getting up at 5:30, showering and stuff, then out the door!!!!

I just realized I'm gonna be away from the computer and internet all weekend... listening to "What Happens If I Can't Check My Myspace When We Get There?" is not helping either.... -_-

We live in Ohio so we are leaving at around 9:00am in order to arrive in Baltimore around 5 or 6. Then we go pickup our pre-reg crap and were good to go. :D

Only several more hours until myself and 7 other friends head out! Oh, and the wife is in there somewhere, too.

I'm actually still working on one last element of my costume that my sister convinced me to add today...it probably won't be all that great. I have yet to actually pack anything, and I leave at 8AM...

I think I'm well on my way to earning the title of Super Procrastinator. -_-

Hope to see everyone there!

*feels better*

But...I've found something that'll bother me all night. There's a mosquito in my room. And it flew away before I could catch it. Meaning I'll probably wake up with bug bites all over me.

I woke up early cause I couldn't fall back asleep >.>

BUT ONLY 40 MINUTES LEFT UNTIL I GET INTO A CAR AND DRIVE 9 HOURS TO BALTIMORE!!

Leaving for baltimore in less than 40 mins! -_- Have to go from Pittsburgh to New Stanton to pick up a friend and then down to Baltimore via turnpike! ^_^ Doing last minute stuff now, like gathering up toiletries and blow drying my hair! Woooo!

I am so excited!

Just waiting for my friend to arrive (she's driving from Hershey to Philadelphia), throw a couple things in my bag, print confirmation, and hit the road after lunch! I usually go with another group, so this is my first time driving down to the con, but hopefully it'll be fine. (about a two hour ride.)

I think i have everything packed.... 8D Doot doot doot...

I have to wait to go downtown (licenseless OTL i suck), so i'm going to be puttering around on the computer & poking Nantucket & wishing my wig came out better. :\ (I look so dumb; i almost don't want to cosplay xD) I also ought to go & grab some money, & some provisions, just in case i get hungry or something.

But the people in charge of our room are already checked in! I feel like such a slacker! |D;;;;;;;;;

Well, I have just about everything ready for these next four days. I"m coming later today to get the BADGE for Otakon and maybe grab a pizza from Pasta Hut, hehe. Then tomorrow begins the Artscape/Otakon weekend, and I"m pretty much booked on what to do. so I'll be seeing you soon!

Packing up my bags to crash at my friends for the weekend, then selling this computer for an extra chunk of money for Otakon, then hes picking me up.

I'm practically ready. I got my suitcase, laptop, camcorder, and camera ready. I even made a playlist for the convention for my g1 music player.

I'm waking up early in the morning at 6am to catch the train to Baltimore. It's practically a MARC train away to the city. For now, I'm going to Baltimore for the evening for before-con stuff.

From the looks of it, I won't be able to do 2 of my costumes this year. The f---ing package still hasn't gotten here. Needless to say, I'm unhappy. Unless they magically get here, prepare to see a grumpy little Raichu thundering around the BCC

D<

Well, I have just about everything ready for these next four days. I"m coming later today to get the BADGE for Otakon and maybe grab a pizza from Pasta Hut, hehe. Then tomorrow begins the Artscape/Otakon weekend, and I"m pretty much booked on what to do. so I'll be seeing you soon!

I'm driving down today to get my badge to avoid the hassel of the crazy Friday morning line, then tomorrow I will take my time and come down by maybe tenish and get the hotel all down. Go into Otakon and enjoy my sixth year of doing this.

I'm heading down around 6:30-7:00 or so. It only takes me an hour to half hour to get there depending on traffic. Can't wait! See you all there! :rolleyes:

I'll be heading to the light rail in 28 minutes, hopefully. Negotiating with the people i'm staying with for the weekend is the biggest obstacle by far.

Haha, it's so weird to see everyone already going and stuff...I've only just now started packing...I've got the rest of today and tomorrow to pack...but that Dealers Room cam is pretty neat. I hope it's still up tomorrow. I'll sit here and watch everyone wander around on their merry way. =D

Currently assembling glow sticks >:3

Last minute checklist?

Pick up badge, finish painting my boyfriend's cosplay shirt... somehow find more effective hairpins for my hair to be put up in a wig...

And primping for tomorrow morning.

Already bought breakfast foods for weekend fuel - I've been told this bagel place is comparable to NY bagels, so I'm pretty excited to try these out... they smell incredible, and I want to eat one now, but I don't want to get tired of them early on, since it's the easiest, quickest breakfast before running down to the BCC!

Can't fall asleep... too excited, damnit! Hmm... maybe I can try one of those 5 hour energy drinks... if they really work...

Can't...sleep....x___x 6...in the morning...it may be a good thing though...this way, I'll probably pass out in the middle of today, causing me to wake up late at night...and since I have to leave the house at around 3:30 AM...hmm...*debates just staying up*