Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mynameisru

What did you rake in for the Holidays?

Pretty sure I did this last Christmas, so I'll do it again. Tell us what you got for the holidays this year~!

I didn't get much this year, most of my gifts were made up in the little wad of cash I got for a private holiday getaway I'm planning over New Year's weekend. I got a box of Pocky as well as other assorted snacks, some nice cologne and other bath odds 'n' ends, $50 at the mall here, a copy of L4D2 on Steam, a couple of shirts and some nifty socks, and a new hair dryer since, well, mine went kaput on me. :P

What did everybody else get? O:

well I'll go along with it :D

Duped my parents into buying me the Beatles Rock Band Limited Edition ( already had the game) and since the game that came with it is still sealed I'm gonna exchange it for another game. (I know that's bad but being bad is good :D). a few gift cards, the complete box set of G.I.Joe series (on back order :P ), disks 2 & 4 of the original Tenchi Muyo OVA series (just need to get disk 3 now), Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. box set, and all 4 dvd's of One Piece second voyage.

Since Christmas and my birthday fall hand in hand, I got the following

Money

A Juicy Couture necklace

A Brahmin Handbag

Gift cards to Best Buy

Make up from Tarte, MAC, and Urban Decay

Lush bath stuff

Clothes

Love and Affection from my boyfriend.

I also have some unclaimed presents I have yet to pick up.

Not much:

- a 12-month card for XBox Live

- parts to mod my PS2 Slim to run imports

- And I won't get this until March, but my brother's buying me a copy of FF XIII

I added a pink checkered studded belt, a rainbow Atari belt buckle I've been oogling for months, Devil May Cry 4, a replica of Rukia's Soul Glove and a Star Wars Lego set to my loot after my trip to the mall today. :3

well, i got this yesterday after my sister got back into town, 350 Gig HD for my PS3. Now my PS3 is better than the new ones being released because of it AND it BC with the old PS1 and PS2 games :P

Panda earmuffs

Panda 2010 calendar

2 books about Vietnamese culture

Anderson Varejao (Cleveland Cavs) jersey

UP dvd

The 4400 complete series dvd

Energizer Wiimote flat panel charge station

And the 2 big things I bought with the money I got; Motorola Droid & a new HP desktop computer

I <3 my Droid.

All I really wanted this year was socks...and lo and behold, Christmas morning, I got sooo many socks that I felt like Dobby. I also got a very nice sushi making book which I'm excited to try!

2 Mario Hoodies from Hot Topic. (I hate hot topic, but I have to admit those hoodies along with the Pac Man hoodie are sweet.) One hoodie is the land scape, with hills, water, sky, coin blocks and other things while the other hoodie is around 40 characteters in cartoon form.

A pair of purple and black shoes to match my Ravens gear. (Baltimore football team)

An old Scrubbing Bubbles bank made of porcelin. (Those little guys are an awesome mascot. The bank inspired the 8 bit sprite I threw together for the game I'm working on. Scrubbing Bubble is going to be an optional boss and recruitable monster. =) )

A 10 foot long, 6 foot high zip up rack to hang my clothing in. I'm just sick of drawers and lack closet space for my stuff since I own a lot of different styles of cloths.

10 odd ball old video games, including Ultima V for the NES. $ 40 bucks on ebay, $2 bucks at a flea market. Sweet.

DVDs not worthy of title mention.

8 shirt, 3 pairs of pants. 2 sock packs, 3 packs of boxers.

A dollar store foam sword with a thin plastic rod in the middle. (fun to beat people with, but I could make a better one)

Cash, the universal gift card from the lazy.

A Dragon Quest Ruby Script battle system. (it was sent like 2 days before Xmas. lol. needs tweaking.)

Many minor other gifts really not worthy of mention.

Star Trek Cologne!

12 months of XBL

Condenser microphones.

PA system.

Lots of candy.

Some damn fine sweaters.

Pretty good year.

My haul:

1 TB External HDD

Dragon Age: Origins (PS3)

Fallout 3 GOTY Edition (PS3)

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

The Legacy of Ys

Dead Heart in a Dead World - Nevermore

This Godless Endeavor - Nevermore

Black Clouds and Silver Linings - Dream Theater

Black Gives Way to Blue - Alice in Chains

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (DVD)

Harry Potter 1-5 (Blu-Ray)

Spice and Wolf Season 1

Hell Girl Season 1

A Bluetooth Headset

A new comforter

Some new sleepwear sets

New tires for my car

New power steering pump for my car

Assorted gift cards

Money

Guitar shirt (literally, it's a shirt that you can play guitar on...well, with obvious limitations, but still...awesome!)