Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alabaster

Guest Announcement! Todd Haberkorn, Clarine Harp, and Patrick Seitz!

Here's the first of several upcoming guest announcements....

Three busy voice actors are confirmed for Otakon 2010:

Todd Haberkorn, Clarine Harp, and Patrick Seitz -- all of whom have fairly extensive credits. Check 'em out!

Yes, sir! I'm quite excited about Todd Haberkorn, and finally Clarine Harp is coming over, which is just as nice for moi!

...and did I hear five more guests in the next wave?

You guys got the inspiration for Aubrey Chorde to come. As a S*P fan, I am pleased.

(now, are you gonna get Kyle Hebert to come to Otakon? huh? huh? pleeeeeeease? XD )

(now, are you gonna get Kyle Hebert to come to Otakon? huh? huh? pleeeeeeease? XD )

Eventually. Not this year, I'm afraid. :)

I am freaking happy that the voice actor for Firo is coming. I will definitely need to go to Todd's panel.

Eventually. Not this year, I'm afraid. :)

There are several US-based actors who I've met and intend to bring as some point, but things just haven't worked out.

For example, Brad Swaile has not been able to attend at least twice in the past few years due to scheduling conflicts. He wants to come, we want him to come, but it just hasn't happened yet. Kirby Morrow is another who we missed a few years ago and haven't yet had the right moment to bring back.

Others who are in my "have met and will get them here eventually" queue are folks like Veronica Taylor, Lisa Ortiz, Jaime Marche, Tom Wayland, Jamie McGonnagal, Paul Dobson....the list goes on.

And that's to say nothing of folks like Satoshi Kon and Tohru Furuya and Toshihiko Seki, and half a dozen other folks. It took three or four years to finally get Kikuko Inoue here, even though we see her nearly every year in Japan.

WOOHOO! Thank you again otakon staff! ^_^ You just made my day and my sisters :D

Patrick Seitz voices Isshin Kurosaki... pretty cool. That's an unexpected Bleach VA to show up at Otakon.

Now if you get Wendee Lee, my registration will be bought within seconds of the announcement.

If i make it to the Patrick Seitz panel, I hope i can get him to say the Arthas line "I'LL HUNT YOU TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH!" from the Culling of Stratholme in WoW :P:D

Todd Haberkorn is a personal fave since his work on Watanuki was amazing. And it's great to see a webcomic-related guest come to Otakon! Harp's pretty awesome.

Todd Haberkorn is a personal fave since his work on Watanuki was amazing. And it's great to see a webcomic-related guest come to Otakon! Harp's pretty awesome.

Clarine's connection to webcomics is incidental; she's featured in HETALIA, which is why Funimation proposed we bring her.

(I am a huge webcomics fan myself and a regular SP reader -- but that's not why we brought her.)

Clarine's connection to webcomics is incidental; she's featured in HETALIA, which is why Funimation proposed we bring her.

(I am a huge webcomics fan myself and a regular SP reader -- but that's not why we brought her.)

It's not too late to claim it is a reason; then you'd look like a genius after the fact! :D (The Hetalia reason is also pretty cool, of course.)

I was certainly aware of the connection from the get-go -- like I said, Randy's comic has been on my daily read list for years.

And I don't need to fake it to look awesome because I *am* awesome. :)

(**NOTE: Not Captain Awesome, of course. I love CHUCK but I sure ain't in that kinda shape...)

question: is there going to be a patrick Seitz autograph session? I was hoping for him to sign my blazblue calamity trigger game case ^_^