Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alabaster

Guest Announcement: An Cafe's kanon

Talking about his career and his new video game, signing autographs, and spinning at the Otakurave will be An Cafe bassist kanon!

http://www.otakon.com/guests.asp#kanon

Enjoy!

PS: I love how earlier this year, people were (once again) complaining that we had abandoned the j-rock/j-pop fans. Even though I *told* everyone to expect plenty of different stuff this year, I also promised we wouldn't abandon you.

PS: I love how earlier this year, people were (once again) complaining that we had abandoned the j-rock/j-pop fans. Even though I *told* everyone to expect plenty of different stuff this year, I also promised we wouldn't abandon you.

Id classify An Cafe as Jrock, not pop, more specifically Oshare Kei. But either way, cool guest. I like all of the people you have been getting recently. Tons of guests lines up this year.

(Man, and I thought Yoshiki coming was the icing on the cake XD )

The cake is most certainly NOT a lie, but I'm not a fan of generic icing. It's just sugar and oil.

But *real* buttercream is okay, and chocolate ganache is best. Yum.

(Man, and I thought Yoshiki coming was the icing on the cake XD )

The cake is most certainly NOT a lie, but I'm not a fan of generic icing. It's just sugar and oil.

But *real* buttercream is okay, and chocolate ganache is best. Yum.

You guys are amazing. This is why my heart lies with Otakon <333

AHHH YAY! so happy! i was happy with x-japan & home made kazoku, BUT THIS IS JUST THE BEST PART!

thank-you so much!

I keep coming back to this topic for some reason, like I misread the announcement or something and need to read over it again, or like Kanon's gonna pop out of the screen and I need to be here. :D

haha, just wanted to say how awesome this isssss!!! <3333 ^_^:wub::wub:

Out of curiosity, what day/time is Kanon supposed to be spinning at the Rave? The schedule's finally been posted, but the Rave isn't listed on it. If I remember correctly, there's been a Rave on both Friday and Saturday nights - is that the same this year? Is Kanon spinning at both, or just one?

I'm asking because I'm a gofer and trying to schedule my hours for the weekend - Kanon at the Rave is the one event I absolutely don't want to miss. It's looking to be the highlight of the con for me!

He will be there Friday night around 10-11 pm -- not sure of the exact times the sets start, but I think that's the general window.

He will NOT be signing autographs then, however.

He will be there Friday night around 10-11 pm -- not sure of the exact times the sets start, but I think that's the general window.

He will NOT be signing autographs then, however.

Of course, I plan to do the autograph session to get that. I'm still excited to see him spin though. Thank you for getting him as a guest, and thank you for the quick response! B)

Do you know if they'll be offering photosets for him to autograph? If not, what would you suggest someone bring. I've got tons of magazines with An Cafe on the cover and a couple of posters.

Do you know if they'll be offering photosets for him to autograph? If not, what would you suggest someone bring. I've got tons of magazines with An Cafe on the cover and a couple of posters.

Seconding that, what should we have him sign at the Autograph session? I have a first-press DVD that I was hoping to get signed, but I'm not sure if it'd be in bad taste - it's the last live of a member that left the band, so is that something I should probably put away in favor of a magazine with them on the cover?

That's a good question. I have a poster, but not only will it probably get ripped & crinkled, it's also from when Bou was still in the band, the "old An Cafe." Will they have stuff to buy/sign there? I remember Nana Kitade had a poster and her eighteen CD you could buy and have her sign there. Will they have something like that for Kanon we'll be able to buy too? O:

With rare exceptions, we have NO IDEA what the guests will bring.

So long as you've got something that's legit merchandise, and is relevant to the guest, they will typically sign it.

You always have the option of your convention program.

I hope there will be An Cafe merch sold either there or in the Dealers Room because I don't have anything of my own that has An Cafe on it. :D