Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alabaster

Guest Annoucement: Hiroki Kikuta, Shihori, and Hiroaki Yura

Yup, it's (most of) the creative team behind our music this year -- composer Kikuta, singer Shihori, and music director Yura.

Another case of a guest we had a few years ago and have been trying to find the right opportunity to work with again. My favorite reply is "bring friends!"

They look pretty interesting. If I like what I hear in the Opening Animation, then I think I'll certainly check them out~ :D

They look pretty interesting. If I like what I hear in the Opening Animation, then I think I'll certainly check them out~ ^_^

Keep in mind that Shihori just worked with Yoko Kanno, Kikuta has worked with Nobuo Uwematsu, and Yura has worked on a crapload of stuff AND was a guest in 2007. They've each got careers beyond our animation. :D

They look pretty interesting. If I like what I hear in the Opening Animation, then I think I'll certainly check them out~ :D

Keep in mind that Shihori just worked with Yoko Kanno, Kikuta has worked with Nobuo Uwematsu, and Yura has worked on a crapload of stuff AND was a guest in 2007. They've each got careers beyond our animation. :)

I actually had a few questions in regards to whether any Eminence merchandise will be available in the Dealers Room.

I

I think you can also ask Eminence directly about their plans to sell goods at Otakon...could be more effective since I'm sure it's pre-con crunch time for Jim and crew.

What I want to know is this, from @otakon on twitter:

http://twitter.com/Otakon/status/19289019037

So they are performing? When? I hope it's not during the opening ceremony because that would conflict with like 2 other things I want to do >_>

I think you can also ask Eminence directly about their plans to sell goods at Otakon...could be more effective since I'm sure it's pre-con crunch time for Jim and crew.

What I want to know is this, from @otakon on twitter:

http://twitter.com/Otakon/status/19289019037

So they are performing? When? I hope it's not during the opening ceremony because that would conflict with like 2 other things I want to do >_>

I am going to play a little coy -- I would note that we have a larger than normal block for the opening ceremonies this year...

I actually had a few questions in regards to whether any Eminence merchandise will be available in the Dealers Room.

I

That's pretty cool that they're gonna be here in honor of this year's opening animation. Hopefully, I'll be able to see it. I know each of them has worked on other projects with other artists. But it's cool that they've took the time to make the song.

A few things concern me though:

1) Are they gonna have any autograph signings in the con? That is, if not in one of the autograph rooms, then anywhere in the Dealer's Room? I couldn't find a signing for them anywhere on the schedule. I know it's still less than a week away from the con, so maybe you guys haven't figured out the best time for them yet.

2) I heard from the Eminence website that the song's CD single will be released on July 30, 2010 (just in time for the con). Will you guys be able to have the single at the Dealer's Room? And will it be at the Otakon merchandise booth or the Eminence booth or some other booth? Just wondering, since I figure that there will probably be many people who want to buy the single after they see the animation.

They will be signing at the lanais booth in the dealers hall, which is also where you can buy their stuff. I don't know whether they were able to get a cd made in time, but they should have other stuff and the single will be available for download -- or at least that is the plan.

For those who are curious, here is what the latest Eminence newsletter has to say about this single:

Breaking news! Hioaki Yura, Hiroki Kikuta, Sarah