Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alabaster

Guess the Guest Contest #1 Discussion!

...I didn't think I'd have a clue until I realized one of the hints might not mean what it sounded like it meant. And now I think I have it. Hmmm, we'll see = )

I swear to god, if this is the act I think it is, I'm gonna be uber pissed for not attending this year.

...But then again, it may be the exact incentive I need to register in the first place. >_>

I did a lot of searching and I have a good feeling about my guess being correct. :D

Too bad I can't pre reg for another two weeks 'cause if I am right and didn't enter the contest I'm going to be kicking myself.

I apologize for the double post, I forgot about the time limit on editing.

But are allowed to discuss who we think the musical guest is and why? At the moment it just seems like a lot of "Hmm I think I know who it is, but I'm not saying' going on.

LOL, I'm just a selfish person who doesn't want to give away the answer so I have a higher chance of winning XD I don't think there's any reason not to say your guess if you want though.

Are you saying that I might post a clue that was potentially misleading, intentionally unhelpful, and yet otherwise entirely truthful?

Why, that would mean that I am in some way sadistic and evil, especially as regards this contest.

Perish the thought... :)

All of this act's members are the same gender.

Can we take that to mean that there are definitely multiple members?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I just wanted to make sure.

(from what I can tell, one popular group looks like the answer, but... I dunno).

It means that all of the members in this act are the same gender.

(yeah, I know I didn't answer the question --- you've got all the clues you're getting!)

LOL, I'm just a selfish person who doesn't want to give away the answer so I have a higher chance of winning XD I don't think there's any reason not to say your guess if you want though.

I submitted mine today as well, I am never good at guessing these things but I figured I would at least give it a shot again :)

>____< i spent all last night and this morning researching alongside my jpop fangirls...

they all came up w/ the same answer...

i hope they're right... *summits answer*

>____< i spent all last night and this morning researching alongside my jpop fangirls...

they all came up w/ the same answer...

i hope they're right... *summits answer*

I've submitted a guess as well although I wasn't sure about the group I submitted and how they rated on the Oricon Top 10. Doing a little more research tonight and hoping I wasn't wrong. If it is the group that I thought it should be an awesome concert

Unfortunately I haven't been able to submit a guess because I'm not pre-registered yet, but I did help out one of my friends. If it is who I think it is, I will scream my lungs out! I'm so excited!!!

Well, judging by the number of correct guesses, I think I may have gone a little too easy on the clues.

CHEMISTRY will be making their US debut at Otakon 2011.

Now....those of you who guessed correctly, tell us why you chose them?

What clued you in? Which of my clues was the give-away?

Actually, I myself guessed wrong in this contest.

EDIT: Possible that my guess could be another band taking part in Otakon, so I edited my response to delete the band's name

Ah! I was right!

For me, the biggest hint was the "they've worked with a real legend". The giant robot franchise was too vague (Gundam and Macross both came to mind, and Gundam in particular has had SO many series with so many JPop artists doing themes that it was impossible to narrow down from that.) But then I thought "huh, what does 'a real legend' even mean? ...I don't suppose somebody's worked with John Legend?"

So I went to John Legend's Wikipedia page, searched for the word "Japan", discovered that Chemistry worked with him and that they'd done a theme for a Gundam series, and that was enough for my guess. I wasn't sure how the sporting event fit in though, heh. (I"m still not!)

Have you already chosen the drawing winners?

ETA: Oh, guess I should have actually read the bio on the Otakon main site XD That explains the sporting event thing, haha.

Although the bio doesn't mention the whole reason I'd ever heard of them... the Antique Bakery themes XD

Thank you Otakon!!

I.LOVE.THIS.GROUP! Their song "This Night" is hotness. Looking forward to their concert!

I hadn't signed up yet so I couldn't enter in the contest. At first I thought it might be EXILE because they did a theme for the World Cup. CHEMISTRY did come to mind because not even a day before the contest someone let me listen to the song they did with John Legend! Man I wish I could have entered.

You guys will LOVE their show. I saw CHEMISTRY + SYNERGY at Beat Connection last year and they were AWESOME!!! I'm actually considering flying back to the USA just to see them live again with an American crowd.

My guess was also wrong, but I didn't know about the "real legend" clue (meaning I wasn't sure of it when I submitted the guess.) Knowing the popularity of ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION and that they had worked a lot with the macross series and were all 4 guys led me a stray. Oh well, there is always next time.

I guessed right, when I saw related to a larger robot franchise I was wondering if was Chemistry for there song Merry-go-round on the most recent gundam episode.

Can't believe I was right though! Nice pic for a guest to come and play!

Yup, the "legend" comment was a reference to the collaboration with John Legend; Gundam is the big giant robot reference; their song for the FIFA World Cup was the sports reference.

I think probably the clues were too easy this time. I must be slippin' in my old age....

DAMNIT!!!! DX

my guess was wrong

CHEMISTRY was one of our backup choices... WAH T^T

so then, when will the next guess the guest start?!?

Well, I was wrong. My guess was UVERworld because the hints kind of fit in with the info I came up with. I should have known I was off because that would have been too easy...