Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

izurusuke

(Yet Another) Parking Question

Question

Considering how obscenely expensive parking is downtown, my friends and I are going to try the park and ride thing this year. Thing is, I really don't know how it works. On the All Roads Lead to Otakon FAQ, it recommends the Timonium lot for people coming from the north. Is this still the best choice? Is overnight parking allowed there?

Also, since I've never used the light rail, I was wondering how easy it is to take large things on it (We will have one big cooler and probably small suitcases for 6 of us). Would it be easier for me to drop everyone and their stuff off first and then go park somewhere? If so, what lot would be best for that? All the MTA Maryland links on the FAQ are broken and I'm apparently too incompetent to navigate their site to find any info.

I know there are already a few parking topics but any help is greatly appreciated!

4 answers to this question

Considering how obscenely expensive parking is downtown, my friends and I are going to try the park and ride thing this year. Thing is, I really don't know how it works. On the All Roads Lead to Otakon FAQ, it recommends the Timonium lot for people coming from the north. Is this still the best choice? Is overnight parking allowed there?

Also, since I've never used the light rail, I was wondering how easy it is to take large things on it (We will have one big cooler and probably small suitcases for 6 of us). Would it be easier for me to drop everyone and their stuff off first and then go park somewhere? If so, what lot would be best for that? All the MTA Maryland links on the FAQ are broken and I'm apparently too incompetent to navigate their site to find any info.

I know there are already a few parking topics but any help is greatly appreciated!

I always call the Transit Police a week or two before the con and ask them for an updated list of stations at which overnight parking is permitted. It's much easier to get up-to-date information via a phone call, even if, like me, you hate making calls.

I always call the Transit Police a week or two before the con and ask them for an updated list of stations at which overnight parking is permitted. It's much easier to get up-to-date information via a phone call, even if, like me, you hate making calls.

Looks like they've changed the police number to emergency-only, but the MTA's Transit Information Call Center is apparently reachable at (410)-539-5000. If you don't remember it, it's on the MTA's website under "Contact MTA."