Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Forsynthia

Anyone renting basements near Bowie?

I know, the Otakon site isn't exactly where you think to ask about renting places.. But I JUST got evicted from my basement apartment.

Otakon is real close, and I need to be out by the 30th. (right in the middle on Otakon!) I'm desperate, and I need to ask somewhere.

So, does anyone know of anything for rent near Bowie, MD?

ATM my Fiancee and I are renting a basement w/ utilities for 900 and that's pretty much all we can do.

We had some money issues after moving in and have had some real trouble getting back to speed.

I'm searching, but it's going to be very difficult finding something in the next two weeks so we can start getting out of there.

Does anyone have any suggestions on something within half an hour of Bowie?

Thank you, and I'm sorry Mods if I'm not allowed to post this type of thing on here.

*speaking as a former rental agent and someone who has been in your shoes, not a staffer*

I think, you would do a lot better checking places like rent.com, craigslist, walking around your local area looking for fliers on telephone poles advertising apartments, or checking the website of your local newspaper to find a place to live. Posting an ad on the forums looking for an apartment is a HUGE crapshoot.

Good Luck.

I've been checking Craigslist, even posted an ad looking there, this was just a shot in the dark to see if anyone at all would know of anything.

I thought I'd just is a try. Doesn't hurt to try.