Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ryouko

Panels Feedback 2011 - MEGA THREAD

I was the head panelist of the "Mega Man: Made in Japan" panel, and I just wanted to say thanks to the panel staff who were attending our room (Panel 5). They were calm and professional, and helped us address all our needs to get set up and afterwards. We really appreciated it a lot!

Also thanks to everyone who came out to see our panel. :D We had a really good time!

To Panel Ops - the Ladies' Choice Hentai Panel went over really, really well. It was really well done, too. I only went to two panels this weekend, but I figured I'd give feedback for it XD

meme factory? I'm not quite sure I understand. Legends 3 only took 5 minutes of our time, enough for a 2 minute trailer and how fans can support it through the facebook campaign. Our presentation was timed very carefully, so that can't be correct. Are you sure they aren't confusing us with the Capcom Fan Panel?

I went to the Gundam, Capcom, Akira, and different guests panels. They were fun as always. I only got some video footage of the Gundam panel. Here's what I got.

Thanks to all the people that ran these panels.

Yo! That Mega Man panel was sweet! I saw some games I didn't know even existed...

Also RockBoard is ten times better than Mario Party. [/sarcasm]

Hey all,

I just wanted to ask anyone who attended my panel (Moe moe what? - Friday at 10:30AM) for some feedback. This was my first Otakon, and in fact my first time paneling, and because the experience was so fun/awesome I do want to continue paneling in the future. So, what did you like? What did you dislike? What would you change? This would all really help me tweak this panel should I give it (or a sequel version of it) in the future, and help me improve my paneling in general.

Thanks everyone! Otakon was amazing!!

Oh, also, if you (or someone you know) took any video or photos of the panel and is willing to share with me, I will give you a giant virtual cookie (along with my deepest gratitude, of course).

Hey all,

I just wanted to ask anyone who attended my panel (Exploring Tokyo - Friday at 4:30PM) for some feedback. This was my first Otakon, and in fact my first time paneling, and because the experience was so fun/awesome I do want to continue paneling in the future. So, what did you like? What did you dislike? What would you change? Do you think we should cut out the history bit at the beginning? Were there any areas of Tokyo you wanted us to talk about, or go more in depth about? This would all really help me tweak this panel should I give it (or a sequel version of it) in the future, and help me improve my paneling in general.

Thanks everyone! I <3 Otakon!!

Oh, also, if you (or someone you know) took any video or photos of the panel and is willing to share with me, I will give you a giant virtual pack of pocky (along with my deepest gratitude, of course).

Hey all,

I just wanted to ask anyone who attended my panel (Mythbusters: Anime Edition - Saturday at 12:00PM) for some feedback. This was my first Otakon, and in fact my first time paneling, and because the experience was so fun/awesome I do want to continue paneling in the future. So, what did you like? What did you dislike? What would you change? Did you think the physics was too advanced? Were there "myths" you wanted to see treated that we missed? This would all really help me tweak this panel should I give it (or a sequel version of it) in the future, and help me improve my paneling in general.

Actually, for this panel I do know for a fact that I really want to come back and do this panel again, but with new material each year. So definitely be honest and tell us (Rukan and me) how we can make this panel better for you.

Thanks everyone! Yay Otakon!!

Oh, also, if you (or someone you know) took any video or photos of the panel and is willing to share with me, I will give you a giant virtual bento box (along with my deepest gratitude, of course).

Hey all,

I just wanted to ask anyone who attended my panel (Survival Japanese and Beyond - Saturday, 7:00PM) for some feedback. This was my first Otakon, and in fact my first time paneling, and because the experience was so fun/awesome I do want to continue paneling in the future. So, what did you like? What did you dislike? What would you change? Did I try to cover too much/ go too fast? Was the Powerpoint too text heavy? Was there anything you wanted covered that I failed to cover? This would all really help me tweak this panel should I give it (or a sequel version of it) in the future, and help me improve my paneling in general.

Thanks everyone! Otakon saikou desu!!

Oh, also, if you (or someone you know) took any video or photos of the panel and is willing to share with me, I will give you a giant virtual super triple fudge chocolate brownie cake (along with my deepest gratitude, of course).

Crud, I just realized that this should have probably been posted in the Post-Otakon forums... is there a moderator out there who would be kind enough to move this thread over there (along with the other three of my panel feedback threads) ^^'?

Hey all,

I just wanted to ask anyone who attended my panel (Mythbusters: Anime Edition - Saturday at 12:00PM) for some feedback. This was my first Otakon, and in fact my first time paneling, and because the experience was so fun/awesome I do want to continue paneling in the future. So, what did you like? What did you dislike? What would you change? Did you think the physics was too advanced? Were there "myths" you wanted to see treated that we missed? This would all really help me tweak this panel should I give it (or a sequel version of it) in the future, and help me improve my paneling in general.

Actually, for this panel I do know for a fact that I really want to come back and do this panel again, but with new material each year. So definitely be honest and tell us (Rukan and me) how we can make this panel better for you.

Thanks everyone! Yay Otakon!!

Oh, also, if you (or someone you know) took any video or photos of the panel and is willing to share with me, I will give you a giant virtual bento box (along with my deepest gratitude, of course).

Hi this is Sy. I co hosted anime family feud. Taicho X and I were wondering what everyone thought and any suggestions. Also if you want to become part of our one hundred otaku please message me your email and once the new survey is compiled I will send it out to you. Thank you to everyone that came. You all helped make a dream and a lot of hard work a success!

meme factory? I'm not quite sure I understand. Legends 3 only took 5 minutes of our time, enough for a 2 minute trailer and how fans can support it through the facebook campaign. Our presentation was timed very carefully, so that can't be correct. Are you sure they aren't confusing us with the Capcom Fan Panel?

Well as far as I'm aware, they're totally wrong because I was there and there weren't memes being copiously thrown around.

Well one panelist said "All your 'Bass' are belong to us," but that's about it. <_<

You knew I was going to post, it's only fitting.

Gotta say, you guys did a really good job for your first time out. You did your homework, got the surveys out there (as I am with Card Sharks), contacted Travis Schario for his programs (told you he does great work). You had it put all together in nice, fast-paced, comedic fashion.

I can understand for this first time out why you didn't do a Fast Money round. It can be done if you want it in there, but I'll save my comments on how to do it in private with you. What I found really interesting is that the game goes quite a bit fast than I thought it would. I'm so used to doing two games of Press Your Luck, and here, you got three main games done, and STILL had time to spare at the end. Now that's efficient! I wish I was that good at timing out. (But I'm getting better.)

I've got a couple more helpers I'll share with you in private (unless someone else says it here first), including one that happened a couple times during the game that several audience members were quick on the ball to point out. I promise, it's easily fixable, and it also shows that you've got a lot of real Feud fans in the audience.

All in all, you're off to a great start.

GRADE: Hmm... I actually have to make a rubric for this (that's being a teacher for you). I know you're in the B's though.

Hi this is Sy. I co hosted anime family feud. Taicho X and I were wondering what everyone thought and any suggestions. Also if you want to become part of our one hundred otaku please message me your email and once the new survey is compiled I will send it out to you. Thank you to everyone that came. You all helped make a dream and a lot of hard work a success!

Yeah, I'm still working out how to call on people to answer questions, and trying to get as many people to speak as possible. I've never spoken in front of such a large crowd, so it's hard for me to see people who aren't close to the podium. I will definitely work on this though!!

I'm tempted to do something on superconductors in a future installment lol.

Alrighty, now that this is actually in the right forum where people can see it (Post-Otakon), I am hungry for feedback!!

(aka shameless but necessary bump)

I really liked your panel and it was pretty funny too. I did get kinda board with the explanations of the physics and some of it went completely over my head. It would be great if next time you could dumb it down a bit and find a way to shorten your explanations if possible. I really liked the first myth, Boing boing, boing... lol

Hello! Viga here!

How did you like the newest version of The Yaoi-ing Game? I changed and add new questions, segments and titles every year or in some cases such as Otakon, every con.

Also, thank you for being the best audience and group of contests I ever had. Thanks for all the hugs and comments all day Sunday as well. You convinced me to not retire it and instead keep building it every year!

It was funny and i've never enjoyed science so much in my life. Good show, man! Good show! Hope to see y'all back again at Otakon someday!

This post is a superconductor.

It was a great panel, and actually the one of the first 18+ ones I've been too (even though I've been old enough since my first con). But it was a great deal of fun. And thank you for the implied MONSTER yaoi.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like a lot of the good panels were scheduled too early or during other big events. I mean, the Touhou one even got canceled this year because the panelists couldn't make it that early. I think last year there were a lot more acafan panels or ones that looked more in depth at their subject matter. There were only two or three I saw this year covering that, and the Akira panel was probably the best one I went to. Did anyone else feel like last years panels were a little bit better?

I didn't go last year, but did you attend the Bandai After Dark panel? Not only did they give out some nice swag, but it was hilarious, fun, and they had a bunch of exciting announcements and stuff. Maybe it's just because I have little to compare it to, but that panel (and the Sunrise Industry Panel before it) was awesome, imho.

@ Galactic Mario

Haha glad you enjoyed! I actually was a bit thrown aback by the whole superconductor line of talk - I was not expecting it, although given how science fictioney the word "superconductor" has become I guess I shouldn't be that surprised in retrospect. Maybe I'll start off with superconductors next time *cough.* In any case we definitely plan on coming back with season 2 next year, God willing!

@ Aux10

Yeah, one thing Rukan and I found fairly difficult during the panel design stage was the physics/anime balance. It's really difficult mostly because the audience spans such a large range of experience, from those with no physics background to those who ostensibly know more physics than I do >.<. I think at the very least in the future, we will try to make the physics a bit more graphic, with more pictures and clearer descriptions to try to make people intuitively feel it. But yeah, this is definitely something we will work on, and with any luck the panel will improve in future iterations.

i like the voice actors after dark alot, and the league of dirty old men.

i missed a couple good panels cause they were way too early in the day.

i think they should have kept the j-metal panel tho, hopefully it comes back next year.

I didn't go to many panels but I definitely enjoyed the game show, Press Your Luck, and No-Sew Cosplay. (The latter had some really good panelists -- I don't like steampunk much at all but even their steampunk-related tangents were interesting.)

The Ladies' Choice Hentai was a bit disorganized, but not bad; I think the panelists had potential and that they'll probably be more streamlined if/when they do the panel again. I think their clips were a bit too long and they weren't that great at telling the audience what the clips were actually FROM, heh. (Also, Okane ga Nai was one of the picks...? Really?! I mean, I know people are going to have differing tastes, but the panel promised to be about atypical hentai and one of the picks was basically the most stereotypical yaoi anime ever made. Okane ga Nai is like, everything I hate about yaoi distilled into a single series.)

I went to the Alchemy 101 . . . it was my first panel of otakon and the worst. The line really long, the panel was filled, but by 20 min. in, half the room had left. I'd go into the details as to why it was so bad but that would take up at least a page.

I sat in on some of one panel on a topic I'm particularly well-versed in (tokusatsu) and had done panels on in the past.

This panel turned out to be a bunch of opening sequences and lame jokes, basically a waste of everyone's time. But me and another fan next to me were the only ones not just eating it all up. I told the panels staffers outside what was going on and they agreed with me.

But other than that, the fan panels I checked out were really good. And I'm totally going to actually apply for stuff next year.

I agree with the earliness of the panels...I honestly was only able to go to one panel, the Hetalia premiere panel, and that was it. I wanted to go to the Baby the Stars Shine Bright fashion show but I kinda forgot all about it so I dunno what time that was at. xD And I reaaally wanted to go to Ask a Nation on Saturday but it was at 9 in the morning and we had only just gotten to Baltimore around 8:30 so we were still settling and not ready to go run off to a panel that quickly. Dunno if it was good or not, I haven't heard any feedback about it.

But there wasn't anything I really wanted to see so I wasn't too disappointed to miss anything. Going to the Hetalia premiere was kind of a chance 'Oh hey, we're close-by and have nothing to do, let's see it.' sort of thing.

Ah yes, the super conductor... Just imagine how much power could be saved every day if one could exist at normal temperatures. Shame 2/3's of all electrical energy produced is lost in transmission. :D

Using more graphics and putting more info on the screen would help a lot especially for people who can't hear well (me) or those near the back.

If you gave me your email after the Survival Japanese and Beyond panel and have not received an email from me detailing where you can download the panel, please give me your email at AnimeAndPhysics@gmail.com (or PM me). A few of the emails were hard to read, so at least a few people were missed in the mailing.

Thanks!

I enjoyed most panels I went to this year. Roland Kelts was great. OCremix is always amazing!!

Little bummed that friday 12:30 everything I would like to see was opposite one another lol

Would have been nice if half those 18+ were a little earlier :D

Before this weekend, I would have told you that I generally don't like panels/workshops. However, this year, the ones I went to were great and I heard that the ones that I wanted to go to were great as well. The ONLY panel I didn't like was the Death Note Mafia. I was so livid when I left that. I missed the Green Tea panel for it and I REALLY wanted to go to the green tea panel. Waiting an hour and half outside of the room to get in just to stand and watch others participate in the panel did not make me a happy camper. I think that it was a lack of organization that ruined that panel, which could have otherwise been very good.

In general, the options were fantastic. There was so much that I wanted to see that I was overwhelmed and couldn't come up with a good plan. I DID miss all of early panels that I wanted to see, because I don't wake up until 10am, I don't get up until 10:30, and it takes me quite a bit of time to get dressed. Unless I suddenly become a morning person, I already know that early morning panels are a no go for me, unfortunately.

I get so easily bored at panels and usually within 15 minutes get tired enough to walk out. I LOVED your panel to death, though. It was HILARIOUS and I thought the whole thing was well thought out and executed. Also, I won candy so that made it even better. I'll definitely be back for it next year and can't wait to see it again. Hopefully I can be a contestant.

Yay, you!

So when's this gonna be up on Youtube?

Seemed like common interests were grouped together to overlap for some reason?

Pretty much every panel I was interested in (mecha related stuff) was around 8ish on Saturday. I ended up only going to the Gundam panel, which was okay but not worth missing some of the other related things for.

Checked out the Evangelion WTF panel and was a little disappointed.. just guys rambling and showing their collection of stuff they found on the internet. Wasn't as funny as I thought it would be.

Highlights of my con were video rooms... Kamen Rider v3 and House (Hausu) were just amazing!! More of that, please.

Our cameraman is a great editor and likes to make sure the video is a little more professional than just a copy and paste job, so it usually takes a few weeks. You can see what I mean if you take a look at last year's panel which is also on youtube (and the previous year's before that ^^;).

This was our group's last year running the Mega Man panel, so I'm glad our last hurrah went well. Just running out of topics to cover and don't want to drag it out to boredom.

If anyone's curious though, here is the list of games we covered:

Wily & Right no RockBoard: That's Paradise - NES, 1993

Rockman: The Power Battle - Arcade, 1995

Rockman 2: The Power Fighters - Arcade, 1996

Rockman Battle & Chase - Playstation, 1997

Rockman & Forte - SNES, 1998

Super Adventure Rockman - Playstation/Sega Saturn, 1998

Rockman & Forte: Challenger from the Future - Wonderswan, 1999

Rockman: Battle & Fighters - Neo Geo Pocket Color, 2000

Rockman Strategy - PC (Taiwan), 2001

Rockman Complete Works 1-6 - Playstation

Rockman.EXE: Phantom of Network - Mobile Phone, 2004

Rockman.EXE: Legend of Network - Mobile Phone, 2006

Rockman.EXE 4.5: Real Operation - Gameboy Advance, 2004

Rockman.EXE WS - Wonderswan Color, 2003

Rockman.EXE Operate Shooting Star - DS, 2009

Rockman.EXE The Medal Operation & Battle Chip Stadium - Arcade, 2005, 2006

Rockman DASH 2: Episode 1 (Demo Game with Toron ni Kobun)

Rockman DASH 1 PSP, 2005

Rockman DASH 2 - PC (2001, Taiwan) & PSP (2005)

Mega Man Legends 3

I thought it was fun! It wasn't really what I was expecting, but I'm glad I went. It was really entertaining. :3 My ears kind of hurt afterward thanks to everyone's screaming, haha.

Yeah, I gotta say I was totally disappointed with the sentai panel. I could tell that the panelists were passionate, but the panel had no form and seemed like just showing intros. There was a distinct lack of action clips in this panel and that was definitely the wrong way to go. No clipped videos and it seemed basically the kind of experience you might get if you went to one of their houses, them excitedly showing you clips with no setup :D Seriously guys, half of you didn't even say anything and you showed the entirety of one of the animation clips, an omake from a recent series, and you cut off Rolling Bomber, but barely had any actual action scenes. Also, when you are showing videos DO NOT TALK. The scene with the arrow where you screamed into the mic BEFORE it hit was totally unacceptable. I had seen it before and was looking forward to hearing the audience reaction but you took away any kind of comedic impact on attendees. It's like you didn't trust the video to stand on it's own without spoilers and side comments.