Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alexiamorana

"Missed connections" thread

I don't see one of these yet, so I'm making it!

Whether you talked to someone and forgot their name or you lost your phone and all your contacts, or maybe just want to tell someone how awesome their cosplay was, this is where to do it.

Well I'll start in that case.

I met two awesome people in the train station after con, actually.

To the girl: I helped you with your pokemon bracelet and we chatted but I didn't catch your name.

To the boy: I watched your bags and you did give me your name but I'm afraid I've forgotten how to spell it x.x Hopefully I'll find you at Katsu next year!

Well, otay then. :o

Dear Awesome Kyo Sohma:

I saw you today and regretted not glomping you. I especially loved your hair. :(

To the Lulu cosplayer that I photographed at the Hilton (I was the dude wearing the black "PARTY" shirt?) I wanted just let you know that you were really pretty and your cosplay was spot-on. :D

Darn my shy nature.

To the only Geno cosplayer that I saw all three days:

You're awesome. Sorry I couldn't get your name. XP (This is "Mario" by the way.)

To the guys on the highway heading north on 95 (I believe?) who noticed our Otakon sticker and were enthusiastically waving bottles of what appeared to be ice cold water...thank you for making my day, rofl. By the time I reached into my pocket to grab and wave a dollar at you, you were already far ahead of us in traffic. Bummer! But the moment the joke sank in, I was dying. Kudos! :)

to the boys across from my boyfriends room at the hilton (our windows faced each other), thanks for the awesome games we played threw the windows and cell phones thursday night when my two friends stayed that night. it was the best day before con ever!

-To that guy I danced with at the rave Saturday night: I wish I'd gotten your name! And number! I was the chick with the red camcorder!

-To that guy that took a picture of me and my friends Sunday: You were cute >.<

To the girl in the rainbow hair I danced with Saturday night, I at least would like your name.

I was in the red bandana.

The girl I helped cross the street after the rave I didn't get your name also don't remember what you look like as I was stricken with drunken blindness.

To that guy in the street with the megaphone who offered me Ice Cold Water for only one Dollar didn't get your name either.

To the Vampire Knight - Yuki that I went up to and asked for a picture on Saturday... we took a picture together instead and I totally forgot to take a picture of you myself :lol: lol

(I was Zero)

To the SigSig cosplayer (and probably the only IIDX cosplayer in the entire con): I was the black guy in the Niconico shirt playing the Bemani cabinets (P.S. Found my e-amuse card! =D)

During Con Feedback panel, me "Firemac" and my friend "Aerfox" were pictochatting, and we met many people during our chat, and we saw most of the other people's faces, except for "Miki".

We just wanted to see a face. Hopefully, you'll pictochat next year too!

To the 10th Doctor cosplayer, on Friday, we stood near the Dalk about an hour or two before the shoot, you came up behind me and told me to smile and took our picture together, told me "I was cut off", then took another. I want to say you were really cute, and I kinda want to see the photo you took. I was the Donna Noble cosplayer in her Silence In The Library outfit.

Also the Aerith named Serena I met in subway saturday. I loved your voice.

Red bandana guy

Also, to the Sakura Kasugano cosplayer I saw at the Game Room. You were very pretty. :o

To the little Homestuck trolls who talked/walked with me when I was in my Konoe (Lamento) costume, cheers! It was nice to meet you guys. Thanks for walking with me! :3 And for the compliments on my badge!

And to the guys who hung out with me in the hallway while waiting for the furmeet to start, thanksss! :D You guys were awesome. (I was the tree roo in the plaid long-sleeved shirt.)

Aaaand for the giant pink bunny-like suiter who gave me the balloon flower! n__n <3 I think your badge said Shia, but it was hard for me to see. But, thank youuu! <3 (It's still on Riley's ear... XD It's too cute for me to want to take off, even though I'm afraid of balloons!)

Dunno if any of these guys are on here, but oh well! <3

To the guy who gave me his number on a business card printed with "Hi, you are very cute" on it - I appreciate the kind gesture, but no thanks. Very creative though.

To the Etna cosplayer I took a photo of on Friday:

I found the Thief that you told me of and got a photo. Thanks for the heads-up on that one, and thanks again for the photo! Hope you were able to find a Prinny in the Dealer's Room!

To the Oichi cosplayer I said hi to... Um, well, I don't think I had any real identifying features, but I was wearing either a Thing 1 shirt or a shirt with orcas on it.

That was a great costume, and I would've gotten a picture of you if my friend wasn't chatting my ear off at the time, lol!

Looking for the guy who cosplayed as Usagi from Junjou Romantica. I meant to get his photo, but I was busy going to meet some friends. Also anyone I took a photo with my old Polaroid Land camera.

I came in a side door near the front of what I thought was the live action video room, and I asked a girl in the front row if I was indeed in the right place. She said "yes," so I went and got my seat. The lights came on, and I saw she was actually an extremely cute Latina or South Asian, I'm not sure which. I hated life at that point.

The movie was pretty amusing, though. Turkish sci-fi comedy at its finest, and the production values weren't too bad!!

TO LIZ AND CLAUDIA (Crossplay Leon and Ashley, Nero and Trish respectively) met you girls in the dealer room on Sunday. (Ryan/Dante) Tried to look you up on facebook and realized I REALLY should've asked a follow up question like what part of the country you live in or what not, can't seem to find you girls and if I don't I"m gonna be ONE SAD F'N Panda. Hoping you girls post on here or have friends that do, PM me if you get this.

-Ryan

to the X-23 cosplayer i didnt really get a chance to talk to you much. if you see this PM me =P

that girl was so damn good looking.

The girl that jumped on me looking for her friend at the rave, I would like your name at least :)

And to the girl with the blue cyberlocks and the glowstick fans that was leading everyone in the same dance on Saturday. You just rock...I have a video of it if you would like it :)

Looking for the guy who cosplayed as Usagi from Junjou Romantica. I meant to get his photo, but I was busy going to meet some friends. Also anyone I took a photo with my old Polaroid Land camera.

To the other person dressed as Pip Bernadotte from Hellsing on Saturday. You looked amazing. Seriously. Waaaay better than me with my plush goose and hair that never stayed braided. And even though your Pip ran circles around mine, you were still so nice to me. I've had people look down on me in a situation like that before, but not you. You invited me to the photoshoot and had a conversation with me and that really made me smile. Thank you so much for being nice to me. :)

-The short Pip with the uncooperative hair and the goose.

Also to the Vincent Nightray who started directing people at the Saturday Pandora Hearts photoshoot: You were fabulous. You just had an air about you. I'm not sure if it was your voice, or your take-chargeness at the shoot or just the fact that you simply asked "Mind if I creep on you?" when I asked you for a photo which still makes me laugh because it was so very Vincent, but you were awesome. Really truly awesome. I hope I see you and your larger-than-life personality at another con.

-The girl with the eyepatch and Plush goose taking pictures at the shoot.

Kaito who took a picture of me (as Accelerator) in dealers' room on Friday, and friend of yours cosplaying as Accelerator I ran into the next day: you both are adorable and I'd love to chat more sometime.

To the Aoshi Shinomori cosplayer I met in the Video Gaming hall: I was the Misao who found and posed with you! I hope that, as your first con, Otakon turned out to be amazing. You seemed like a really nice guy, and I just wanted to let you know that your costume made my day. :)

on friday, i was in line for the dealers hall when i happened to see a girl dressed as Misa Amane and asked if i could get a picture

i was the guy with the Death Note messenger bag (this one) and i complimented that you were the best Misa i'd seen all day (tbh, you were the best Misa i saw at the whole con) but i never asked for your name D:

To all the amazing girls I didn't get a chance to talk to due to having to get to panels, premieres or posts on time, I'm sorry, please PM me and help me in resolving this horrible error.

To anybody who was dressed as Sherlock (or John, or anyone) from the new BBC Sherlock series:

I was looking all weekend for Sherlock stuff and Sherlock cosplayers and didn't see any. T_T Some of the artists in the Artist Alley who were selling Sherlock prints told me there was an amazing one who stopped by and had a violin. If you were a Sherlock cosplayer, or know anybody who was, please let me know! If I don't see some photos I think I might die!

To anybody who was dressed as Sherlock (or John, or anyone) from the new BBC Sherlock series:

I was looking all weekend for Sherlock stuff and Sherlock cosplayers and didn't see any. T_T Some of the artists in the Artist Alley who were selling Sherlock prints told me there was an amazing one who stopped by and had a violin. If you were a Sherlock cosplayer, or know anybody who was, please let me know! If I don't see some photos I think I might die!

look in one of the pictures threads.

Looking for the madoka that chased me down in artist alley while i was in morning rescue. Looking to aquire the picture she took :angry:

A couple More:

To the genderbent Shizuo who hugged me outside the Durarara Panel because you loved my Pip outfit and my goose Thank you so much! That was another part of the day that just made me happy and I'm sorry we couldn't talk longer.

-Pip with the goose

The Girlycard who kept petting my goose at the Hellsing shoot Thank you for making me laugh, and I'm glad you liked my goose so much.

The Integra who told me "Pip don't pose with the Nazi scum!" when I took a picture with Jan and then patted my friend as Near on the head and called her a nice little English BoyAlso Thank you for making me laugh. Near and I sure had stories to tell when we met up with our friends again. You were very amusing.

To the Xerxes Break who went down the up escalator to take a picture with me, then kissed my hand and told me I looked lovely That's one of my favorite moments from the Con. That was just so incredibly nice of you. I really love the picture too.

The Marluxia who gave me a big hug when I was Labrador from 07-Ghost because you liked my Flowers One of my con goals was: Hug a Marluxia while dressed as Labrador. Thank you for letting me hug you.

The Drocell Cainz who I ran into in the bathroom Thanks for striking up a conversation with me, even though I was probably being extremely creepy fangirling while you were trying to wash your hands. I swear I'm sane, you were just the 1st Drocell I'd seen all day

and Lastly The Anderson with the vines at the Hellsing shoot Dude you looked freaking epic. The vines were a clever and awesome touch. I seriously regret not taking a picture with you.

Also, to the Sailor Venus we met on our way to the masquerade: I don't think you know what a godsend you were. When we asked if you were going to the Masquerade, we were lost, and had just walked in a giant three block circle. Because of you, we all didn't die from wandering around in the heat.

-The Very hot and tired Pip Bernadotte with the goose traveling with the Equally Hot and Tired Misa Amane, Near, Cheshire from Pandora Hearts and Gumi from Vocaloid from Saturday.

To the big guy in the orange shirt and headphones who said he was staying at the Red Roof Inn that I met while waiting for our shuttles at the BWI Business District light rail stop an Saturday Night. It was great talking to ya, had such a good time I don't think I would have cared if my shuttle took another 30 minuets.

To the Ace Attorney group I was hanging out with on Friday afternoon. I had some of the most fun time just hanging out with you all... even if we were all totally different age ranges. I felt that we all had a great connection and I hope we can connect with everyone again.

This is to that Really cute girl I met at the rave both nights. You where wearing all white, your shirt said "free hugs" (I think) And you had your hair in pigtails. you asked me and my buddy to open up dance circles for you. I was in A blue Tengentoppa T-shirt with the Daigurren skull on the back.

You would think after two awesome nights of hanging out with you I would work up the courage to at least ask your name :I

Hi all! I would like to thank the awesome 28 yrs old long haired hispanic guy with awesome glowing rave gloves who danced with me at the rave on sat and shared with me a night i'll never forget and is now locked into my memory bank ;) ♥!

To the Gene Starwind who stopped me from crying while the rave was going on on Saturday night, I'd really like to find you and thank you. ;_; I wasn't in costume or anything, but my hair was kinda ick from being in a wig all day.

I met this really awesome female at Otakon but forgot to ask for her name and email address, she said she had a Facebook and that she would be willing to add me but I forgot to ask her and she asked me to send her this video I recorded of her dancing. >< I have her on video

She's the gal in the red and white dress dancing.

I met this really awesome female at Otakon but forgot to ask for her name and email address, she said she had a Facebook and that she would be willing to add me but I forgot to ask her and she asked me to send her this video I recorded of her dancing. >< I have her on video
She's the gal in the red and white dress dancing.

To the guy I met at the rave....

You were wearing a black(I think) mask over your mouth, and your shirt showed you stomach.Pretty sure you were Asian. You saved me a few times from crowd surfers and such and I thanked you a few times. We also danced together before your friend took you away, and I never got you name! I think you were pretty nice so message me if you see this! :)

...I was the girl cosplaying as Yoko from Gurren Lagann. I had a black bikini top with red flames and black shorts on. Long red ponytail wig that had a skull hair clip in it with some yellow sunglass. ;)