Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

animelair

did anyone see that article about otakon in the washington post ?

the whole thing is about the change in the demographics how it's changed from just older guys now being full of teenage girls. and I'm sitting here reading it and they make it sound like were all just a bunch of pedifiles going there to feel-up the teenage girls I mean I'm only 24 but they making it sound like I should be ashamed that I go just because of my age it's insulting >:huh: or at least that's how it came off to me things like that make me think I should stop attending conventions because of stuff like this everyone stares at you like you shouldn't be there I just don't know I was excited at first when I found out it was going to be in the paper but now I'm just really disappointed ^_^

did anyone else read it yet ?

I would like to hear others take on the article

just what you get from it ?

the whole thing is about the change in the demographics how it's changed from just older guys now being full of teenage girls. and I'm sitting here reading it and they make it sound like were all just a bunch of pedifiles going there to feel-up the teenage girls I mean I'm only 24 but they making it sound like I should be ashamed that I go just because of my age it's insulting >:huh: or at least that's how it came off to me things like that make me think I should stop attending conventions because of stuff like this everyone stares at you like you shouldn't be there I just don't know I was excited at first when I found out it was going to be in the paper but now I'm just really disappointed ^_^

did anyone else read it yet ?

I would like to hear others take on the article

just what you get from it ?

Guys, we see this every few years. I've come to expect it.

Since this is already a topic for discussion in another thread, though, I'm going to lock this one. Please put your comments on the other thread.