Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nateinu

Local Otaku Hideouts in Baltimore

I just moved into the heart of the city and was wondering what there is to do!

Where can I buy my anime and manga?

Is there a nice bookstore with manga and a coffee shop?

Is there even a comic book store in this city???

I wondered into the Barnes & Noble at the Power Plant and nearly cried when I saw their (lack of a) manga selection.

Any other suggested activities or stores would be welcomed as well. Like, local electronic stores (beside that one Best Buy near the Inner Harbor), coffee shops, or clubs/bars that are nice.

Please and Thank You!

B)

I just moved into the heart of the city and was wondering what there is to do!

Where can I buy my anime and manga?

Is there a nice bookstore with manga and a coffee shop?

Is there even a comic book store in this city???

I wondered into the Barnes & Noble at the Power Plant and nearly cried when I saw their (lack of a) manga selection.

Any other suggested activities or stores would be welcomed as well. Like, local electronic stores (beside that one Best Buy near the Inner Harbor), coffee shops, or clubs/bars that are nice.

Please and Thank You!

B)

It really depends on where in the city you live.

Down in Federal Hill is a comic shop.

There was one in Fells Point but it closed.

To be honest, your best bet to find Anime and Manga is to head out to White Marsh mall. The SunCoast there(They still have a SunCoast!) has a nice selection and some Otaku employees and the Barns and Noble across the street has a better selection than the PowerPlant one.

It's funny, we have the largest Anime Con on the east coast, but so few stores you can buy anything in.

Clubs/Bars are all about your taste. There are 4 major groupings of them and it comes down to what you want.

I have personally given up on buying Anime/Manga in the city and shop at RightStuf.

BTW, as far as I know, there are no anime clubs in or around Baltimore. Project Eva used to be here but all traces of them have disappeared. You're best bet is to find some like minded locals and try and befriend them. ;)

It really depends on where in the city you live.

There was one in Fells Point but it closed.

To be honest, your best bet to find Anime and Manga is to head out to White Marsh mall. The SunCoast there(They still have a SunCoast!) has a nice selection and some Otaku employees and the Barns and Noble across the street has a better selection than the PowerPlant one.

It's funny, we have the largest Anime Con on the east coast, but so few stores you can buy anything in.

Clubs/Bars are all about your taste. There are 4 major groupings of them and it comes down to what you want.

I have personally given up on buying Anime/Manga in the city and shop at RightStuf.

BTW, as far as I know, there are no anime clubs in or around Baltimore. Project Eva used to be here but all traces of them have disappeared. You're best bet is to find some like minded locals and try and befriend them. ;)

I live in Mt Vernon and my transportation options are limited at best. ;)

I live in Mt Vernon and my transportation options are limited at best. :(

Do you mean Alliance Comics 904 Light Street, Baltimore, MD? If so, I think I will check it out tomorrow. Thanks!

At some point, I will need to figure out how to get to the Johns Hopkins Homewood area since you guys listed several places up there.

Wish me luck! (and keep the suggestions/advice coming, I will need it >.<;)

Da bus. #3 or #11.

Come to think of it, are there any good Asian grocery stores around?

YES! If you can grab a bus out to Ellicot City area, head to the H-Mart, they are wonderful!

Do you have an address? I am have trouble finding an H-Mart near Ellicott City.

Thanks! :)

Oh their is a Anime Club in Bmore, as for Asian Store their are a few on North Charles I live in Charles Village not to far from JHU if you live in Mount Vernon you can take the 3,11 and the 64 up to JHU and the 27 to Hampden.

Here is the Anime groups Facebook link

http://www.facebook.com/groups/245593528805364/

Check the thread in the Chit Chat section about our upcoming meetup

Very cheap anime VHS and DVD's:

Big Lots $3 per DVD

Pawn Shops $.50-$5 per DVD/VHS

Goodwill/thrift stores varies upon location (under $10)

Free-ish anime/manga:

your local library